Electric fuel pump mounts
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 21

Thread:
Electric fuel pump mounts

  1. #1
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default Electric fuel pump mounts

    Going to an electric pump. Im looking for some ideas of where to mount it. What did you fellas do?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    I've got electric "pusher" pumps that feed the Merc mech set up. Mine are mounted low on the srtinger to help them draw fuel up from the tanks.


    Darrell.
    San Diego.

    28ft Sportcat
    With Twins

  4. #3
    Got Circus Midgets??? BIGAMIST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.F.V.
    Posts
    1,734

    Default


  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Bouncing off rocks TryMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Bigamist - thats a nice setup, where did you get that?

  7. #5
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I would send you a pic, but I cant get my camera inside my fuel tank
    #55

  8. #6
    Senior Member cruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Az
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Best place is dependant on where your fuel tank(s) are. I have gunnel mounted fuel tanks in my boat with a tank selector switch. I mounted my fuel pump low, behind the rear motor plate near the jet intake. My pump will not prime from either tank, even when the tanks are full. Once the pump is primed however, this works just fine.

    I am thinlking about dumping the selector switch, buying another check valve and pump and mounting the pumps low and as close to the tanks as possible. Maybe this will help with the priming issue. My only other choice is to buy 2 submersible pumps and put them inside the tanks themselves.
    Cruzer
    21 Eliminator Daytona. Blown 540

  9. #7
    Got Circus Midgets??? BIGAMIST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.F.V.
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TryMe View Post
    Bigamist - thats a nice setup, where did you get that?


    It's from cpperformance, there are some nice billet ones out there also....but i can't find the website.

  10. #8
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer View Post
    Best place is dependant on where your fuel tank(s) are. I have gunnel mounted fuel tanks in my boat with a tank selector switch. I mounted my fuel pump low, behind the rear motor plate near the jet intake. My pump will not prime from either tank, even when the tanks are full. Once the pump is primed however, this works just fine.

    I am thinlking about dumping the selector switch, buying another check valve and pump and mounting the pumps low and as close to the tanks as possible. Maybe this will help with the priming issue. My only other choice is to buy 2 submersible pumps and put them inside the tanks themselves.
    Thats what I did, I used the Aeromotive A1000, I haven't tested it yet
    but according to Aeromotive it will work better in the tank than out.

    I have a 100 micron filter a A1000 pump and a check in each tank
    and my tank selector switches the return fuel and power to the fuel pump
    relays
    #55

  11. #9
    No Sandbar To Far sanger rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Mines mounted on the stringer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic000v6.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	24679  
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Year View Post
    The only blab's I will even be a part of is just when it is me they are talking about. Aaaah yes I can see a few good looking shiny tall deck motors on the beach, with barely enough fuel to get back to the launch saying, "Holy crap how fast you think that Daytona was going man? That's like the 20th time he's gone by today?"

  12. #10
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Are you guys sucking from both tanks at once or using a selector vavle?

  13. #11
    No Sandbar To Far sanger rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    I'm pulling from both tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Year View Post
    The only blab's I will even be a part of is just when it is me they are talking about. Aaaah yes I can see a few good looking shiny tall deck motors on the beach, with barely enough fuel to get back to the launch saying, "Holy crap how fast you think that Daytona was going man? That's like the 20th time he's gone by today?"

  14. #12
    Senior Member 4CE FED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Im running a bypass style system with the A1000 and bypass regulator. I am drawing off boat tanks at once, return line goes back to separator. Works perfectly. I do have a manual tank switch valve, but never use it.
    I just bought another motor mount, drilled and tapped the motor on, and used longer bolts through the stringer so I didn't have to alter the boat.
    Might be overkill, but the pump is heavy and don't want it coming loose/leaking fuel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01195.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	24745  

  15. #13
    Senior Member VDRIVERACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rIVERtRASH View Post
    Going to an electric pump. Im looking for some ideas of where to mount it. What did you fellas do?
    Is it too late to talk you out of it?

  16. #14
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4CE FED View Post
    Im running a bypass style system with the A1000 and bypass regulator. I am drawing off boat tanks at once, return line goes back to separator. Works perfectly. I do have a manual tank switch valve, but never use it.
    I just bought another motor mount, drilled and tapped the motor on, and used longer bolts through the stringer so I didn't have to alter the boat.
    Might be overkill, but the pump is heavy and don't want it coming loose/leaking fuel
    Very cool set up.

    Thanks to everyone for sharing. Im getting some great ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95