mfi question , system priming
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
mfi question , system priming

  1. #1
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,727

    Default mfi question , system priming

    Watched someone recently starting a mfi deal and it has me wondering if there was a easier way than normal ole push button to prime and idle deal.someone tell me whatd be wrong with this idea:

    Instead of the push button on a primer system, does the injection pump itself not make some pressure to the valve? Why not use a fuel pressure safety switch (hobbs) on the line from pump to valve and have it turn off the primer pump after some line pressure is achieved? Say start a timer with the starter instigator wire and have fuel pressure switch on line to valve shut it off so basically its idlen on primer system till its see barrel valve get pressure and shuts off primer. where is the flaw in that?
    Last edited by IMPATIENT 1; 07-11-2014 at 07:32 AM.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Trigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    875

    Default

    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol And you're only cool if you have all 3!!!

  4. #3
    Senior Member shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yuma
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    This would clearly exceed the one wire rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Morelli View Post
    Golfers and Fishermen are third rate bullshitters, compared to lots of hot boaters....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,727

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol And you're only cool if you have all 3!!!
    Lol hey i see a better way and i just wanted it picked apart to see the error in my thot process.i take it from lack of response guys are super busy redoing their systems to prime my way rotflmao jk

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  7. #5
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,727

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    This would clearly exceed the one wire rule.
    I wanna see you start,run and kill a engine with one wire lol i can count 4 you have to run and 5 if using alternator.
    starter positive/block negative/mag kill/starter instigator circuit and of course alt

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  8. #6
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol!!!
    What a great sig line !!

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  9. #7
    Senior Member shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yuma
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    What a great sig line !!
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Morelli View Post
    Golfers and Fishermen are third rate bullshitters, compared to lots of hot boaters....

  10. #8
    Senior Member shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yuma
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    I wanna see you start,run and kill a engine with one wire lol i can count 4 you have to run and 5 if using alternator.
    starter positive/block negative/mag kill/starter instigator circuit and of course alt
    Sarcasm Chief, I'm with you! I ain't stupid and my stuff has more than one wire, and I ain't skeered!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Morelli View Post
    Golfers and Fishermen are third rate bullshitters, compared to lots of hot boaters....

  11. #9
    Senior Member Trigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    I wanna see you start,run and kill a engine with one wire lol i can count 4 you have to run and 5 if using alternator.
    starter positive/block negative/mag kill/starter instigator circuit and of course alt
    No alternator with a mag. Just starter wires and ground. I'm a 3 wire operation (not counting the kill switch and gauges of course.
    Last edited by Trigger; 07-15-2014 at 08:36 PM.

  12. #10
    Senior Member JakeC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    palmdale ca.
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I'm no professional on this matter but it sounds like it could work the way you are thinking. But I don't see a need for it. It's just more wiring and more parts/sensors to fail or leak. It's really easy to just hit the primer button and fire the engine and continue to feed it until the pump takes over. That's how I do it on my mfi engine in my boat and it is rather simple and fires right away.

  13. #11
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Sarcasm Chief, I'm with you! I ain't stupid and my stuff has more than one wire, and I ain't skeered!
    I knew what ya meant lol was messing with ya. it cld be a fully efi c.o.p. have 30 wires across intake and itd still seem like a gokart wiring job to me.i deal with combines and sprayers so alil wiring dont scare me as long as i put them there lol then im confident in the wiring.nothing against mags or mfi, i dig it all as long as it works easily.mag no question is easy but mfi kinda looks like a pain and was jus brainstorming a better way
    Last edited by IMPATIENT 1; 07-17-2014 at 04:50 PM.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  14. #12
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    How about a coffee can with a petcock at the bottom ?
    That doesn't have any wires at all.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  15. #13
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    How about a coffee can with a petcock at the bottom ?
    That doesn't have any wires at all.
    Wires? we don't need no stinking wires
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  16. #14
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    Watched someone recently starting a mfi deal and it has me wondering if there was a easier way than normal ole push button to prime and idle deal.someone tell me whatd be wrong with this idea:

    Instead of the push button on a primer system, does the injection pump itself not make some pressure to the valve? Why not use a fuel pressure safety switch (hobbs) on the line from pump to valve and have it turn off the primer pump after some line pressure is achieved? Say start a timer with the starter instigator wire and have fuel pressure switch on line to valve shut it off so basically its idlen on primer system till its see barrel valve get pressure and shuts off primer. where is the flaw in that?
    Just curious? What fuel are you using and why is there a problem?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95