crower cam id
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread:
crower cam id

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default crower cam id

    hello,any one here have any old cam books for a bbc crower roller cam, only marks on cam is x9423
    tried crower told me cam is to old, for the books, if not ill have to poke it in a block and hand spec it out ,just trying to go the easy way first ya know
    thanks up front.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Bostick Racing Engines six-oh-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, Ca.
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flat601 View Post
    hello,any one here have any old cam books for a bbc crower roller cam, only marks on cam is x9423
    tried crower told me cam is to old, for the books, if not ill have to poke it in a block and hand spec it out ,just trying to go the easy way first ya know
    thanks up front.

    Look on the back and there should be a work order number... starting with an "E"... unless it's really old... then it would start with a "D". Then call and talk to McLaughlin... he's an old timer and willing to LOOK THINGS UP. Reed Oliver used to be damn good down there but he retired this year.
    The Bostick®

    Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default re/check

    cam gear end only crower and x9423 and rechecked timing gear end is blank
    I always get the odd ball #$$# guess it could be a custom grind, bought cheep for spare motor.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Choking my ....... beerjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    355

    Default

    So the back of the cam doesnt have anything . Thats the first time I've ever seen that .

  7. #5
    BTC cardcarrying member sunkisst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chantilly Va.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default This is Interesting

    I recently acquired a camshaft from rich seibert,Its marked Crower ,Its a roller cam ...the only marking is on the rear of the camshaft.It is marked X1753...thats all. I was told it was a custom...thoughts???? flat 601 & myself have cams that only have markings on the rear...dist. drive gear end, of the cam...How do we ID these? six-o-nine...How do we get in touch with Mclaughlin???
    Last edited by sunkisst; 12-29-2008 at 05:15 PM.

  8. #6
    Bostick Racing Engines six-oh-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, Ca.
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkisst View Post
    I recently acquired a camshaft from rich seibert,Its marked Crower ,Its a roller cam ...the only marking is on the rear of the camshaft.It is marked X1753...thats all. I was told it was a custom...thoughts???? flat 601 & myself have cams that only have markings on the rear...dist. drive gear end, of the cam...How do we ID these? six-o-nine...How do we get in touch with Mclaughlin???

    Call up the main number... you're gonna talk to Valerie at the front desk... ask to talk to mr mclaughlin... she'll forward you. Otherwise you just go through the automated directory thingy.

    The number is 619-661-6477

    do not recall if this is direct or what as I have several numbers since before they moved... oh 5 years ago and still haven't cleaned out my phone book.

    What is odd is that even custom grinds they "most of the time" still have a work order number stamped in the rear... E65062 for example... unless like I said it's some ancient 70's stuff... I have an old "Imperial Roller" roller cam from the late 70's that has only a U1135 number on it...
    The Bostick®

    Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want.

  9. #7
    BTC cardcarrying member sunkisst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chantilly Va.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default six-oh nine

    Quote Originally Posted by six-oh-nine View Post
    Call up the main number... you're gonna talk to Valerie at the front desk... ask to talk to mr mclaughlin... she'll forward you. Otherwise you just go through the automated directory thingy.

    The number is 619-661-6477

    do not recall if this is direct or what as I have several numbers since before they moved... oh 5 years ago and still haven't cleaned out my phone book.

    What is odd is that even custom grinds they "most of the time" still have a work order number stamped in the rear... E65062 for example... unless like I said it's some ancient 70's stuff... I have an old "Imperial Roller" roller cam from the late 70's that has only a U1135 number on it...
    Myself and flat thank you!!!!Gonna give a call in the AM...Thanks again,Jack...Happy New Year!!! EDIT....Hey six-oh-nine,I just called the no.you gave me.The same answering service chick that answers the online tech line,answered now.They are closed through New Years...Thanks for the "HOOKUP"...Jack
    Last edited by sunkisst; 12-29-2008 at 06:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95