B&M Mega Blower Q's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 34

Thread:
B&M Mega Blower Q's

  1. #1
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default B&M Mega Blower Q's

    Im thinking about picking up a b&m mega blower. How much boost can these blowers produce? On a typical mild setup, what kind of hp numbers are these blowers capable of producing? Ive seen a few setups that are creating 700-800hp with these blowers. I really dont need that much hp. Just curious and exploring my options. Im running a weiand 177 right now on my bbc 454 mag motor @ 5lbs of boost. I love my current setup because its very low maintenance.Just looking for a little more

    Spitter
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member VDRIVERACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    " I love my current setup..." "Just looking for a little more"

    Spitter



    Get an 8-71 and be done with it.... When you, once again, want more, just change the pulleys

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    The 420's on my motors produce 10psi, and those are 502's.


    Darrell.
    San Diego.

    28ft Sportcat
    With Twins

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member TwinTurbo540's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    The mega blowers are a good piece but be carefull with it as they do not make them anymore!!

    Travis

  7. #5
    Senior Member Jim W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY, Canandaigua
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDRIVERACING View Post



    Get an 8-71 and be done with it.... When you, once again, want more, just change the pulleys
    X 2

    B&M stuff is the bastard child of the blower world.
    Although I just bought a boat with a 420, I wouldn't buy a 420 to put on anything I already had.

    Jim
    GN7
    Do you guys ever read anything I post, or just go straight for the throat?


    Got it wet on 6/15/10-------->finally......



    E-85 I'm saving the world--->8 thumps at a time

  8. #6
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDRIVERACING View Post



    Get an 8-71 and be done with it.... When you, once again, want more, just change the pulleys

    Thats very true but I have a guy interested in my EFI setup. So I can trade the EFI kit for the blower kit without loosing any $. I am currently running the 177 blower and my boat hauls azz with very minimal hp. So going to a bigger blower would make my lil boat scream!!!!!!!!!
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  9. #7
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMOORE View Post
    The 420's on my motors produce 10psi, and those are 502's.


    Darrell.
    What pullies are you running? What do you have in your combo? Carbs,cam,heads,compression,etc???
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  10. #8
    Senior Member TwinTurbo540's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    Thats very true but I have a guy interested in my EFI setup. So I can trade the EFI kit for the blower kit without loosing any $. I am currently running the 177 blower and my boat hauls azz with very minimal hp. So going to a bigger blower would make my lil boat scream!!!!!!!!!
    How much boost do you run now and how much do you plan on running with the bigger blower? Ic?

    Travis

  11. #9
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurbo540 View Post
    How much boost do you run now and how much do you plan on running with the bigger blower? Ic?

    Travis

    Depending on the air it varies. I usually see 4.5-5lbs. With good air I have seen 6lbs. That little 177 sure does its job. I really like it because all you do is bolt her on and go. Im going to keep it for my backup motor.

    I would like to run 8-10lbs with an intercooler. I plan on doing a head and cam swap(solid roller blower cam) with the blower(420) change. I have a set of 320cc merlins that have been ported and worked, comp stainless roller rockers,comp stud girdle,screw in studs, and morel solid roller lifters thats going on this motor.

    My current setup is the following.......
    454 BBC mag motor
    factory hyd roller cam w/ stock roller lifters(the weakest link)
    rect port heads with non adjustable rockers and factory springs
    steel crank,4bolt mains,7/16 rods,forged pistons,8.7-1 comp
    msd 6al,msd wires,coil,billet dizzy
    holley 800cfm dp,marine oil pan,basset headers (dry but going to zoomies)
    weiand 177 ppolished blower(5lbs)
    Last edited by 396_Ways_To_Spit; 01-11-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: more info
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  12. #10
    Senior Member TwinTurbo540's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Awsome! Sounds like you have a nice piece there to work with! You are going to need one big dominator or a pair of 750's to make it work right though. An additional 5 psi with an IC should net you another 150-175hp+ !

    Travis

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    Im thinking about picking up a b&m mega blower. How much boost can these blowers produce? On a typical mild setup, what kind of hp numbers are these blowers capable of producing? Ive seen a few setups that are creating 700-800hp with these blowers. I really dont need that much hp. Just curious and exploring my options. Im running a weiand 177 right now on my bbc 454 mag motor @ 5lbs of boost. I love my current setup because its very low maintenance.Just looking for a little more

    Spitter
    Mike...
    which size Mega?...250 or 420?
    make sure its a 8mm drive ...more options!
    these are good blowers & work very well on 454+ motors as long as u dont get carried away with the boost

    FastRat

  14. #12
    Senior Member TwinTurbo540's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Two buddies in town here have ran them on small blocks and big blocks both at 14psi with 150 worth of spray. No problems and made some great hp! The small block 355 junk yard engine made 605 at the tires in a 70 chevelle.

    Travis

  15. #13
    Az Desert Dweller LV R SCHIADA'S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    the biggest thing with the 420 is its a lil heavy compared to a 8-71, they both produce almost the same cfm, make sure you run an intercooler !!!, the 250 blower sucks, 8-12 psi on the 420 is pretty safe witha 454 0r 502.

  16. #14
    Senior Member cave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Hey Mike, you got a pyrometer yet I suggest getting one if you don't have one yet.
    Takin it home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95