small pattern nuts for exhaust logs
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
small pattern nuts for exhaust logs

  1. #1
    Some guys never learn. bocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    658

    Default small pattern nuts for exhaust logs

    I need some help locating nuts to attach ths snails to my exhast logs. The ones that came off were 5/16-24 with 7/16 across the flats. The way my snails are machined that's all that will fit. Standard 5/16-24 nuts are 1/2 across the flats. Most of mine got rounded or damaged enough that I don't want to reuse them. Anybody know where I can buy these small pattern nuts? Can't find anything on line.

    Thanks

    Gary

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bocco View Post
    I need some help locating nuts to attach ths snails to my exhast logs. The ones that came off were 5/16-24 with 7/16 across the flats. The way my snails are machined that's all that will fit. Standard 5/16-24 nuts are 1/2 across the flats. Most of mine got rounded or damaged enough that I don't want to reuse them. Anybody know where I can buy these small pattern nuts? Can't find anything on line.

    Thanks

    Gary
    have you tried the 12 point bolts ? Check with Alan ( the boltnatzi) he will hook you up !
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  4. #3
    Some guys never learn. bocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    have you tried the 12 point bolts ? Check with Alan ( the boltnatzi) he will hook you up !
    Can't use bolts. The way the snails are made I only have room to put the small nuts on.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bocco View Post
    Can't use bolts. The way the snails are made I only have room to put the small nuts on.
    the have small tiney heads small small -- looks like my penis after a swim in coloroado river in january
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  7. #5
    Senior Member carreradude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rancho Cordova. CA
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Can the studs be pulled and allen bolts put in place??

  8. #6
    Some guys never learn. bocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I ordered some 12pt ARP nuts from Summitt. Says they fit a 3/8 12pt wrench. The wrench clearance for these nuts is really tight. And no room above for an allen wrench.I'm probably going to have to take a grinder to a cheap wrench to get these on.

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

  10. #8
    Some guys never learn. bocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    just buy these, easier, faster and probably cheaper and you get new studs and spares
    http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/400-1402/10002/-1
    http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/100-1402/10002/-1
    This is basically what I will end with. I already have the new studs in the kit from Rex. And the nuts are the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95