Jet Thrust angle help needed
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 25

Thread:
Jet Thrust angle help needed

  1. #1
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default Jet Thrust angle help needed

    You guys running the really quick and fast mph setups in 19' Daytonas , Liberators ,Cheyennes >
    taking the bottom of the keel / intake as say a flat plane and Measurement (A)
    Ride Plate angle up from intake ...as measurement (B)
    Nozzle angle ( up or down in relation to keel / intake as (C ) and size nozzle insert ? (D)

    im trying to get a close a starting point as possible on initial setup and some proven set points

    My parts ....MPD lowpro intake , Dominator 12S >full detailed pump , "A" stainless - HM inducer ,stuffer plate .... Place Mini Droop w/FTN nozzle inserts ( I have several sizes )

    And no , I'm not gonna put boat on circuit and race against anyone so your setup secrets are safe
    just PM me if you don't want to post here , Thanks Guys

    ps , should I get rid of Place diverter and run a fixed angle nozzle ? Or just put a manual stop of some sort on what I have once thrust angle is decided ?
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Jetdream'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    You guys running the really quick and fast mph setups in 19' Daytonas , Liberators ,Cheyennes >
    taking the bottom of the keel / intake as say a flat plane and Measurement (A)
    Ride Plate angle up from intake ...as measurement (B)
    Nozzle angle ( up or down in relation to keel / intake as (C ) and size nozzle insert ? (D)

    im trying to get a close a starting point as possible on initial setup and some proven set points

    My parts ....MPD lowpro intake , Dominator 12S >full detailed pump , "A" stainless - HM inducer ,stuffer plate .... Place Mini Droop w/FTN nozzle inserts ( I have several sizes )

    And no , I'm not gonna put boat on circuit and race against anyone so your setup secrets are safe
    just PM me if you don't want to post here , Thanks Guys

    ps , should I get rid of Place diverter and run a fixed angle nozzle ? Or just put a manual stop of some sort on what I have once thrust angle is decided ?
    Think you need to transfer this question to the jet section...

  4. #3
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdream'n View Post
    Think you need to transfer this question to the jet section...
    But all the really Smart guys are over here
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,570

    Default

    use the flat next to the shoe as your "zero reference" spot, like in this pic. using that as zero, everything else is referenced to it. for example, if you say your plate is 2 degrees up, it is 2 degrees up from the referenced zero point. same with nozzle angle or anything else. so if someone says the nozzle is 3 degrees up or 3 degrees down, you are speaking the same language as everyone else. if someone is suggesting a nozzle or plate setting, they assume you know it is referenced to this location.



  7. #5
    Senior Member Jetdream'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopher711 View Post
    but all the really smart guys are over here
    lol.

  8. #6
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    BP is an idiot.
    Crank the nozzle up until you have spray for 100 yards behind you!
    You are welcome for the tip.
    Wags

  9. #7
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,853

    Default

    BP you might want to get some new glasses for the guy that machined your shoe. It's no where near square.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  10. #8
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    BP is an idiot.
    Crank the nozzle up until you have spray for 100 yards behind you!
    You are welcome for the tip.
    Wags

    I tried that at a Marble Falls race many moons ago ,


    Guys on starting line behind me hastily pointed out in the pit area ....that this was NOT the way to do it
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  11. #9
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I've found that having the nozzle at 180º from the direction I wanna go has worked well. But I don't race, so take it for what it's worth.

  12. #10
    Senior Member tigertooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Really depends on who did the keel. Its all grey when it comes to that.

  13. #11
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    BP you might want to get some new glasses for the guy that machined your shoe. It's no where near square.
    naw, shoe's perfect. you might want to saw the bottoms off some coke bottles so you can see the pic correctly.


    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    BP is an idiot.
    Crank the nozzle up until you have spray for 100 yards behind you!
    You are welcome for the tip.
    Wags
    uhhuh. I see what you did there waggles. your trying to get me to tell you to GFY - YMIAW. but I'm not gonna do that because I'm just an all around nice guy...

    but I can install a starter without it wobbling all over the engine block... you are more than welcome

  14. #12
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Feel the love in here ! LOL
    anyways here she is ready for maiden voyage ....



    Last edited by Gopher711; 02-18-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  15. #13
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I've enjoyed your posts over the past year or so. Best of luck to you and your new beast

    Keep us posted

  16. #14
    Senior Member Reservoir Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    For best top speed, after the boat rolls over and on plane, raise roost till it is about 2 1/2 ft high (+/- 6 in). That should be in the ball park with out a radar gun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95