Phenolic
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
Phenolic

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default Phenolic

    Has anyone bought this stuff?...JR Davis wants to make a new top for my tunnel ram, Where to buy?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.W. PA.
    Posts
    574

    Default

    McMaster-Carr lists it and I think I got it from Cadillac Plastics some years ago. I believe you can also use UHMW and a lot of machine shops have that laying around.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Bubbletop409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Castro Valley, Ca.
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    I have a spacer made out of that stuff on my Eddie bottom/Carnivalride custom top on my 565. If I were to do it again I would look into an aluminum spacer, prior to installing the spacer my manifold was very cold down to the head after a 15 minute cruise. After the spacer installation, which acted as an insulator also, the manifold is now quite warm at the head. Probably not a big deal, cooler air is better air though.
    Larry

    62 Bel-Air 409

    260 Eagle XP HP500EFI

    2016 Corvette Z51

    79 Cole TR-2 Sunset Racecraft 565 (RIP Tracy)

    Remember in November

    Well done USN Seal Team 6

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5sangers View Post
    McMaster-Carr lists it and I think I got it from Cadillac Plastics some years ago. I believe you can also use UHMW and a lot of machine shops have that laying around.
    Thanks

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletop409 View Post
    I have a spacer made out of that stuff on my Eddie bottom/Carnivalride custom top on my 565. If I were to do it again I would look into an aluminum spacer, prior to installing the spacer my manifold was very cold down to the head after a 15 minute cruise. After the spacer installation, which acted as an insulator also, the manifold is now quite warm at the head. Probably not a big deal, cooler air is better air though.
    I agree, JRs deal he want to reposition the carbs on the runners.......I'll tell him about yours..Thanks

  8. #6
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,853

    Default

    You don't want to breathe any dust from cutting it. Best to use some other material if you can
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    You don't want to breathe any dust from cutting it. Best to use some other material if you can
    I'm open for suggestions

  10. #8
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,264

    Default

    I don't think I'd make an entire top out of phenolic.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95