564 for Mike Edmondson aka The Bounty Hunter
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
564 for Mike Edmondson aka The Bounty Hunter

  1. #1
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,264

    Default 564 for Mike Edmondson aka The Bounty Hunter

    Just finished a build for Mike Edmondson's Bounty Hunter;

    Build detailas:
    Brodix alum block, 4.53 bore
    4.375 center counterweight crank
    Carillo 6.7 rods
    CP 14.5:1 pistons w/ Line2line coating
    Total Seal M1 top, napier 2nd, .043/.043 / 3mm rings
    DLC coated heavy wall tool steel pins
    55mm Straub custom solid roller w/ .903 Morel Ultra Pro lifters
    .50" x .187 wall Smith Brothers pushrods
    Jesel belt drive and front drive distributor
    Profiler 12* spread port heads w/ Victory Ti valves, Jesel rockers, dual springs and Ti retainers
    Profiler cast TR w/ pair of C&J 1150 Dominators
    Williams oil pan, Daily 5 stage dry sump pump w/ Peterson tank.

    Here's a link to an 8200 rpm pull...
    https://www.facebook.com/mike.edmond...location=group





    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Village Idiot fc-Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Numbers look good to me. I would be tickled pink with that.

    I have seen you have used the Line2Line stuff before. What do you think of it? Do you think it is helping make more power by holding the pistons a little more square in the bore? Their claims sound too good to be true, but at least the theory makes sense.

    Paul

  4. #3
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fc-Pilot View Post
    Numbers look good to me. I would be tickled pink with that.

    I have seen you have used the Line2Line stuff before. What do you think of it? Do you think it is helping make more power by holding the pistons a little more square in the bore? Their claims sound too good to be true, but at least the theory makes sense.

    Paul
    Thanks Paul. I'm very happy with the numbers.
    Very pleased with the Line2line stuff. Very widely used, very well kept secret for a long time. Lot of high end/high HP guys use it. I think it's everything they say it is or we'd know by now. Only thing is, I haven;t had the opportunity to tear down an engine with some hours on it where I used the coating. Still interested in seeing how it holds up. Can't speak to that but I do believe it helps contribute to better ring seal by keeping pistons more square in bore.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,264

    Default

    I miss the old days. Used to be, I'd post a build like this and by now there would be two pages of questions, comments, fighting, arguing, name calling....
    LOL...
    Ahhh, the good old days...
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  7. #5
    Village Idiot fc-Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scott foxwell View Post
    I miss the old days. Used to be, I'd post a build like this and by now there would be two pages of questions, comments, fighting, arguing, name calling....
    LOL...
    Ahhh, the good old days...
    Yep, it is not the same anymore. I still post stuff as I often learn stuff from old threads on a number of different sites. I still believe in sharing info instead of holding/hiding it. IF I can share what I have learned with the world I am all for it.

    Paul

  8. #6
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,102

    Default

    Damn this place is DEAD !!!!!!

    Hadnt posted on here in a LONG LONG time, use to live on this forum and its just been dead ..


    Anyways this project went to SHIT pretty quick when i bought this motor .. The deeper we dug the worse it got!!!! I ended up taking the motor to Straub Tech for Foxwell to dig into and that went to shit pretty quick .. Total tear down and rebuild

    Well what we ended up with was a new start.. Motor had some nice parts in it but it was just a nasty, wore out pile of shit .. New crank, new sleeves in the block, new pistons, new lifters, new push rods and ALOT of machine work ... Well what we ended up with was a very nice Spread Port 12* Profiler headed BBC .. We spun it up to 8200 and it never missed a beat, just kept on pulling .. Motor made 1134 @ 7300 and I think its gonna Rock in this jet boat ... Cant thank Scott and Chris enough for turning the wore out pile of shit into a great engine!!!!
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  9. #7
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,102

    Default




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  10. #8
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Nice numbers Scott.

    Any information on what those heads flow ?

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  11. #9
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Damn this place is DEAD !!!!!!

    Hadnt posted on here in a LONG LONG time, use to live on this forum and its just been dead ..


    Anyways this project went to SHIT pretty quick when i bought this motor .. The deeper we dug the worse it got!!!! I ended up taking the motor to Straub Tech for Foxwell to dig into and that went to shit pretty quick .. Total tear down and rebuild

    Well what we ended up with was a new start.. Motor had some nice parts in it but it was just a nasty, wore out pile of shit .. New crank, new sleeves in the block, new pistons, new lifters, new push rods and ALOT of machine work ... Well what we ended up with was a very nice Spread Port 12* Profiler headed BBC .. We spun it up to 8200 and it never missed a beat, just kept on pulling .. Motor made 1134 @ 7300 and I think its gonna Rock in this jet boat ... Cant thank Scott and Chris enough for turning the wore out pile of shit into a great engine!!!!

    Nice new Bullet you got there.

    And yes, this entire site is pretty dead. I replied to a post last night in the Open Forum. It was on the front page ( maybe 18-20 threads down) and it was over 1 year old.

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Meadow Vista Ca. Huntington Beach Ca.
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Great job Scott. This site is getting pretty dead. At least the threads are from somebody that knows something. Keep them coming!!

  13. #11
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    Nice new Bullet you got there.

    And yes, this entire site is pretty dead. I replied to a post last night in the Open Forum. It was on the front page ( maybe 18-20 threads down) and it was over 1 year old.

    Thanks Jon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95