Fired it up last night!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
Fired it up last night!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Thumbs up Fired it up last night!!!!

    Well I got the boat started last night. Talk about fun. I love the way they sound with out water going through them. So all went well got the fuel press set and it got up to 130 at my brothers shop. Man It sure builds rps alot faster than before. The supercharger sounds sooo cool. I hope that I get to do some lake testing on sunday. We'll have to see what the weather will be. I'm ready to put the boat back together. And start on the rear seat mods. I'm really glad that everything went well with the start up. I only hope that the lake test gos just as well. I'll post some more pic and some gps #'s if I can get out on sunday.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Distinguished Member 92562's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Congrats Brayden!

    Take some video this weekend & post it.

    ---Rob

  4. #3
    Senior Member KineticoH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Great, we look forward to the results, I was curious what needs to be done to the bench/hatch? I was under the impression that the whipple was the same or lower than stock and only needed 3 '' from the engine??

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Distinguished Member 92562's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Murrieta
    Posts
    412

    Default

    It does actually sit just about at the stock height but the ECM bracket & relays end up sitting a little higher. Mine needed major back seat surgery. The hatch needed a notch towards the back seat to clear the belt guard.

  7. #5
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    I'm going to have to do some of the same stuff. The hatch need a little notch taken out of it ant the back seat needs the same to clear the belt. Not a huge deal people that dont know the boat from stock wont know the diff. When the hatch is close it will look stock to the modern person. But you have to do a little surgery to the seat and hatch to make it look stock. I'll post some pic and vid if I can make it out this weekend. I'm really pumped!!!

  8. #6
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I DIG IT View Post
    Well I got the boat started last night. Talk about fun. I love the way they sound with out water going through them. So all went well got the fuel press set and it got up to 130 at my brothers shop. Man It sure builds rps alot faster than before. The supercharger sounds sooo cool. I hope that I get to do some lake testing on sunday. We'll have to see what the weather will be. I'm ready to put the boat back together. And start on the rear seat mods. I'm really glad that everything went well with the start up. I only hope that the lake test gos just as well. I'll post some more pic and some gps #'s if I can get out on sunday.
    Now how cool is that! Congrats, I'm aways behind you but hope to be firing mine up in a couple months. Can't wait to hear how you like it.........john

  9. #7
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Right on john. What do you have and what are you working on??? I see that you live in WA. I will have to look at a map to see where you are to me.

  10. #8
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Seattle If you ever make it to this side of the mountians let me know. Well catch up on the water. I'm planing to do the cressent bar run this year. I hear that its lots of fun.

  11. #9
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I DIG IT View Post
    Seattle If you ever make it to this side of the mountians let me know. Well catch up on the water. I'm planing to do the cressent bar run this year. I hear that its lots of fun.
    Crescent Bar is Killer!!! Especially for the Scream n Fly bash the weekend after Labor Day. Your'e gonna love the sound of that blower whine against those canyon walls. Enjoy.....

    We spend quite a bit of time on that side of the mountains but typically in the smaller rivers/lakes because of our boat size. Regardless, maybe we can hook up and you can talk me into getting a bigger boat.

  12. #10
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I DIG IT View Post
    Right on john. What do you have and what are you working on??? I see that you live in WA. I will have to look at a map to see where you are to me.
    Here's a thread on what I'm dealing with. Our boat couldn't carry your boats jockstrap but for our little boat gang, it works cool. It's a 8/71 blown 468 big block chev in an 18" Brendella

    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.php?topic=1689.0

    Take care and congrats once again......john
    Last edited by jrork; 03-08-2008 at 04:22 PM.

  13. #11
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Super cool john. Summer is comming!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #12
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I DIG IT View Post
    Super cool john. Summer is comming!!!!!!!!!!
    It's not coming soon enough. Did you get a chance to shake out your toy this weekend?

  15. #13
    Senior Member I DIG IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    spokane WA
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    No I hade some family stuff going on. Maybe next weekend if its still warm.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95