Nitrous Compatible?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
Nitrous Compatible?

  1. #1
    Senior Member W.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Campo Ca
    Posts
    988

    Default Nitrous Compatible?

    OK Heres what I got Could I throw Some Nos at it for a little oomph? Ive read about people pushing a hundred shot for a 5mph gain and being pretty harmless. How Much Would it cost? Good Idea? What all would I need To Do?

    I dont race but wouldnt mind a little squeeze and few mph in a little lake/ river pass.

    461BBC
    Merlin Iron Heads
    Hydraulic Roller Cam
    Scat Crank Forged Pistons
    Tunnel Ram 2 750 Demons.
    About 10:1 Compression run half race gas.
    Motor Normally runs about 6k with fresh pump B impeller.
    Motor Has About 3 Hrs Run Time.
    Would A Small Shot Help Without Having To Go Nuts And Change A Lot Of Stuff?
    Last edited by W.O.T; 09-01-2009 at 01:34 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Sit N' Spin Jetaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Droppin' the kids off at the pool
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.T View Post
    OK Heres what I got Could I throw Some Nos at it for a little oomph? Ive read about people pushing a hundred shot for a 5mph gain and being pretty harmless. How Much Would it cost? Good Idea? What all would I need To Do?

    I dont race but wouldnt mind a little squeeze and few mph in a little lake/ river pass.

    461BBC
    Merlin Iron Heads
    Hydraulic Roller Cam
    Scat Crank Forged Pistons
    Tunnel Ram 2 750 Demons.
    About 10:1 Compression run half race gas.
    Motor Normally runs about 6k with fresh pump B impeller.
    Motor Has About 3 Hrs Run Time.
    Would A Small Shot Help Without Having To Go Nuts And Change A Lot Of Stuff?

    Umm....ugh...umm...I'd call that borderline...

    I mean...your only downfall on your setup is that damn roller cam. If only you had a hydraulic flat tappet you just might be able to....



    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown
    Kendall L-427 Super Blu...extreme-pressure (ep) lithium complex keeps my thrusting balls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by back2k5 View Post
    Well I am putting in a nice stereo system in the Carrera...maybe Ill put on some rap and turn the scoop sideways

  4. #3
    Senior Member bajadad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yucaipa Ca
    Posts
    653

    Default

    If your motor was stock you could, up to about 150 shot wet system.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    150 shot no problem. Call me
    Boat 405.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetaholic View Post
    Umm....ugh...umm...I'd call that borderline...

    I mean...your only downfall on your setup is that damn roller cam. If only you had a hydraulic flat tappet you just might be able to....
    I hope you are kidding around with the above statement
    Boat 405.

  8. #6
    Senior Member W.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Campo Ca
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    150 shot no problem. Call me
    Thanks buddy can you pm me your number? My last phone went swimming.

  9. #7
    Senior Member earlbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LaGrange GA
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I hope you are kidding around with the above statement
    It's hard to tell sometimes.

  10. #8
    Sit N' Spin Jetaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Droppin' the kids off at the pool
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I hope you are kidding around with the above statement
    Of course...hence the smileys



    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown
    Kendall L-427 Super Blu...extreme-pressure (ep) lithium complex keeps my thrusting balls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by back2k5 View Post
    Well I am putting in a nice stereo system in the Carrera...maybe Ill put on some rap and turn the scoop sideways

  11. #9
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.T View Post
    OK Heres what I got Could I throw Some Nos at it for a little oomph? Ive read about people pushing a hundred shot for a 5mph gain and being pretty harmless. How Much Would it cost? Good Idea? What all would I need To Do?

    I dont race but wouldnt mind a little squeeze and few mph in a little lake/ river pass.

    461BBC
    Merlin Iron Heads
    Hydraulic Roller Cam
    Scat Crank Forged Pistons
    Tunnel Ram 2 750 Demons.
    About 10:1 Compression run half race gas.
    Motor Normally runs about 6k with fresh pump B impeller.
    Motor Has About 3 Hrs Run Time.
    Would A Small Shot Help Without Having To Go Nuts And Change A Lot Of Stuff?
    There's no problem throwing a couple hundred on that, just back off the ignition timing a bit.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

  12. #10
    Senior Member W.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Campo Ca
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Thanks Guys

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Frank, you officially have the sickness brother.

    BTW you making it out this weekend???




    Darrell.
    San Diego.

    28ft Sportcat
    With Twins

  14. #12
    Senior Member W.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Campo Ca
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Darrell the weekend of the 5th? Im off let me know. Lol We all have the sickness!

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Green Bay Wi,USA
    Posts
    441

    Default

    The only question is? . the rpms your engine will run. I think that is why the hyd roller came into the subject. If the pump loads well and holds it down to a couple hundy more your good to go.Hyd rollers are big and I am probably telling you what you already know, so be careful.

  16. #14
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEL51 View Post
    The only question is? . the rpms your engine will run. I think that is why the hyd roller came into the subject. If the pump loads well and holds it down to a couple hundy more your good to go.Hyd rollers are big and I am probably telling you what you already know, so be careful.
    Wasn't thinking of that, but true.

    He's already turning 6-grand, I added 400RPM on 100-horse Nitrous shot from 5-5400 RPM, later, added 500 from 5400 to 5900 on a 150 horse shot, same pump setup, slightly different engine breathing setup (ported heads).

    Already making 6-large, add several hundred RPM and may be getting into valve float land with those heavy lifters, and an already notoriously very heavy Chevy valvetrain.

    A lot just depends on the springs and cam profile.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95