finally some cheap bbc ss turbo headers!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 36

Thread:
finally some cheap bbc ss turbo headers!!!!!

  1. #1
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default finally some cheap bbc ss turbo headers!!!!!

    came across these on ebay today, bout damn time!!!! not the best but they'd be a good start on a turbo set-up for a big single turbo blow thru motor

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-B...Q5fAccessories

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    came across these on ebay today, bout damn time!!!! not the best but they'd be a good start on a turbo set-up for a big single turbo blow thru motor

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-B...Q5fAccessories
    Thats kick azz, be cool if they made some for a T6 flange.

  4. #3
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    Thats kick azz, be cool if they made some for a T6 flange.
    wouldn't be hard to build transitions, but ya know they'd work perfect for a big single set-up i just thought it was cool they're some finally out there reasonable like the sbc's all over the place. i told bill about em, he said "it _ucking figures"

    i've seen alot of guys buyin s475's lately with a t4 flange, suckers are high though

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    That's not a "buy it now" price on the ebay page. That's just the current bid.
    They look nice all polished up.

    $ 250.00 is about what the two header flanges and the two T6 flanges cost in 308 stainless.

    With those T4 flanges you could bolt on some of those "barbie" turbos.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  7. #5
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    That's not a "buy it now" price on the ebay page. That's just the current bid.
    They look nice all polished up.

    $ 250.00 is about what the two header flanges and the two T6 flanges cost in 308 stainless.

    With those T4 flanges you could bolt on some of those "barbie" turbos.



    oh, billy doesn't regret buying his from you mark, sob's are doin great he's just a cheap ass like myself and i tell him stuff like this to get a reaction from him, its funny

    buy it now is 500, still not bad. bet someone could dig alil harder and order them from the manufacturerrrrr cheaper

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    south,tx.
    Posts
    189

    Default

    They are nice looking and polished but id want them to come out and up.gonna be using a wrench on them.Don't look like you would be able to see the bolts to tighten them down.They got them sitting so you can't tell how tight the tubes are to the flange.I second the t6 flanges.The guy that helped me get my engine tuned had dynoed quite a few small blocks,the last one he talked to me about made 2200 hp,no joke,but that was running alcohol,had to have 24 injectors,full tilt,best of everything,427 sb,with gt-47'88's.I know your no where near that but 1000 hp sounds easy to make with the right turbo combo.Engine is looking good,looking forward to hearing how it does.

  9. #7
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twntrbo View Post
    They are nice looking and polished but id want them to come out and up.gonna be using a wrench on them.Don't look like you would be able to see the bolts to tighten them down.They got them sitting so you can't tell how tight the tubes are to the flange.I second the t6 flanges.The guy that helped me get my engine tuned had dynoed quite a few small blocks,the last one he talked to me about made 2200 hp,no joke,but that was running alcohol,had to have 24 injectors,full tilt,best of everything,427 sb,with gt-47'88's.I know your no where near that but 1000 hp sounds easy to make with the right turbo combo.Engine is looking good,looking forward to hearing how it does.
    if i crack 800 i'll call it a successful build let's someone try to make 800hp bbc on pump gas with a budget of 3200 for a runnin complete turbo motor(motor and allll) i'm actually still under my budget for the turbo 5.3, but still have flywheel/fuel pump/wideband set-up to go
    Last edited by IMPATIENT 1; 11-07-2009 at 11:45 AM.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  10. #8
    New here Beer:30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    4,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    if i crack 800 i'll call it a successful build let's someone try to make 800hp bbc on pump gas with a budget of 3200 i'm actually still under my budget for the turbo 5.3, but still have flywheel/fuel pump/wideband set-up to go
    The good thing about these final expensive pieces is; you can use them with your max-effort motor later.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    EFI is the wave of the future. There can be no denying it. Electronics have been on the leading edge of our entire lives. Not only os the magneto dead, but the standard issue CDI is wavering. Its all about total fuel, air AND spark control. Anybody that thinks its not has their head up their ass.


    2001 SleekCraft 30' Heritage SSB, open-bow mid-cuddy. 496HO / Bravo-I.

  11. #9
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    oh, billy doesn't regret buying his from you mark, sob's are doin great he's just a cheap ass like myself and i tell him stuff like this to get a reaction from him, its funny
    buy it now is 500, still not bad. bet someone could dig alil harder and order them from the manufacturerrrrr cheaper
    That's all fine with me. I'll tell guys where to buy all the header components and even offered to let them use my jigs if they want. I have over $ 600. just in raw materials for a set of 308 stainless headers.
    I just want to see more turbo projects. They certainly require some engineering and are not just a no brainer bolt on like a blower.

    I really liked the clean way you did the intercoolers on Billys boat. That was unique.
    No matter how good someone does on their assembly my experience tells me that it's still going to take the whole season to get all the bugs out.

    Mikes right about the turbo location of the Ebay headers. That would be way too low in a boat.
    Last edited by Unchained; 11-07-2009 at 05:08 AM.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  12. #10
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer:30 View Post
    The good thing about these final expensive pieces is; you can use them with your max-effort motor later.
    now you're getting me i should be able to buy a set of good heads, put em on my 408 shortblock, transfer everything else over from the 5.3, send my turbo to forced inductions to be made into a hybrid 88mm that'll pump 140lbs+ make 1300hp easillllyyyy on pumpgas



    yall know what i've always thought would make a cheap set of ss headers for turbos, those edelbrock upswept headers. theyd work great as long as someone supported the turbos at the ends.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  13. #11
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    That's all fine with me. I'll tell guys where to buy all the header components and even offered to let them use my jigs if they want. I have over $ 600. just in raw materials for a set of 308 stainless headers.
    I just want to see more turbo projects. They certainly require some engineering and are not just a no brainer bolt on like a blower.

    I really liked the clean way you did the intercoolers on Billys boat. That was unique.
    No matter how good someone does on their assembly my experience tells me that it's still going to take the whole season to get all the bugs out.

    Mikes right about the turbo location of the Ebay headers. That would be way too low in a boat.
    i wish i had the skill to fab up my own headers

    nah, what i was thinkin bout these cheap ole ebay bbc turbo headers is that if someone wanted to do like a big single turbo build, shit here's the headers to start withface em forward or backwards, build a y pipe into a t6 collector positioned higher than the headers, badddddoooowwwww cheap turbo set-up

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    411

    Default

    I was just discussing that the hangup with building a twin turbo is the lack of turbo headers available. These things look sweet for the money. They say forward facing, but I don't see why they can't go the other way from the pics, if you wanted to do a jetboat. What do you guys think?

  15. #13
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jspeeddemon View Post
    I was just discussing that the hangup with building a twin turbo is the lack of turbo headers available. These things look sweet for the money. They say forward facing, but I don't see why they can't go the other way from the pics, if you wanted to do a jetboat. What do you guys think?
    i think they'd face right either way, but as said, they're just not right to be mounting some t4 turbos too in a boat, they do set too low to really get the oil draining outta the turbos without having some kinda evac pump to help put the oil back in the pan. if you wanted to do a bigggg single turbo blow thru deal, i doubt you'd find a better set of cheap headers to start with though they're still better than some mild steel headers big 110+mm turbo with a big 1.5 ar exhaust would work realllll nice on a 540

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  16. #14
    No Sandbar To Far sanger rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    If it was me I would cut the t4 flanges off and then weld a couple SS 90 dagree bends, then t6 flanges after that. But I don't want that much HP in a Flat so it ain't going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Year View Post
    The only blab's I will even be a part of is just when it is me they are talking about. Aaaah yes I can see a few good looking shiny tall deck motors on the beach, with barely enough fuel to get back to the launch saying, "Holy crap how fast you think that Daytona was going man? That's like the 20th time he's gone by today?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95