Hilborn injection dizzy ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
Hilborn injection dizzy ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member PRO53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TOMBALL, TEXAS
    Posts
    374

    Default Hilborn injection dizzy ?

    I am lookin at some parts for a crower injection unit I have and these distrubators are part of the package deal. Has anybody ever seen them and what do they do. All I know is I dont nee them to run my crower setup. Any info on these? I think they are for can am?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kinsler_offshore_3.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	61908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hilborn_Can-Am_3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	61909  
    OMEGA JET, AND Sanger Shovelnose Hydro
    "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS"
    AND A LIST OF ONGOING


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member alkyexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orangevale CA
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRO53 View Post
    I am lookin at some parts for a crower injection unit I have and these distrubators are part of the package deal. Has anybody ever seen them and what do they do. All I know is I dont nee them to run my crower setup. Any info on these? I think they are for can am?
    WOW It look's like you have a distributor - tack drive - fuel pump -barrell valve and fuel line's --all in one package --impressive , lol ,, not only that you have 3 of them , lol , I dont know where they were used but quite a set up..............Eric

  4. #3
    Senior Member PRO53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TOMBALL, TEXAS
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alkyexpress View Post
    WOW It look's like you have a distributor - tack drive - fuel pump -barrell valve and fuel line's --all in one package --impressive , lol ,, not only that you have 3 of them , lol , I dont know where they were used but quite a set up..............Eric
    I found out what they are they are a Lucas injection metering setup. Just found it on the Kinsler site. What the site says that it was used in can am alot. It meters the fuel to each cylinder through the dizzy and the metering device. I just found the picks on the web. Just wondering if anyone has ran one?
    I was looking for some crower injection tubes and the old boy says 500.00 for the package deal. It has two of the dizzys like in the picks a crower base only and about 3 sets of injector tubes. Just the tubes.
    Has anybody ran this setup before?
    OMEGA JET, AND Sanger Shovelnose Hydro
    "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS"
    AND A LIST OF ONGOING


  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Morg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Reno, So close to hell you can see Sparks.
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Just after WWII mechanical fuel injection was timed. All coming from Europe.

    Mr. Hilborn asked the question why with valves opening 25 times a second @ 6000 rpm & constant flow mechanical fuel injection was born.

    The rest as they say is history.

    I know very little about timed mechanical fuel injection. Just enough to know it is something I would never want to mess with.

    Funny though the dizzy's say Hilborn on them.........
    Last edited by Morg; 12-15-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    It is supposed to be hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The "hard" is what makes it great. - Jimmy Dougan

    It's a celebration bitche's - Rick James

    Akita's & Boats: http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/K-Morg/

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    Ok....I'm retarted....so what...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole Man II View Post
    Tony, Tony, Tony....

    If dragboats were gay, that would make you Harvey Milk...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Well if you want to make up a bunch of numbers to be right, then yes, that works.

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Similar to a Bosch timed injector, except they used a timer run off the front of the cam and used a dedicated timing cover. I believe Racey on the boards here has a Bosch setup for a Late Hemi. Roger Finney of Finney Plastics in Havasu has one for a BBC. But I believe the are both Bosch. I know neither used the dizzy setup.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #6
    Senior Member PRO53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TOMBALL, TEXAS
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Hey Morg, didnt you use to run a crower setup on your old boat? Did you like it?
    OMEGA JET, AND Sanger Shovelnose Hydro
    "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS"
    AND A LIST OF ONGOING


  9. #7
    Senior Member Morg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Reno, So close to hell you can see Sparks.
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRO53 View Post
    Hey Morg, didnt you use to run a crower setup on your old boat? Did you like it?
    Yes I did.

    The crowers were my first adventure in fuel injection. They taught me so much. Great throttle response & easy to tune.

    I ran alky. I am afraid of gas, it stinks & is harder to tune.

    I still have them. Sure I will use them again some day...........
    It is supposed to be hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The "hard" is what makes it great. - Jimmy Dougan

    It's a celebration bitche's - Rick James

    Akita's & Boats: http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/K-Morg/

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    Ok....I'm retarted....so what...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole Man II View Post
    Tony, Tony, Tony....

    If dragboats were gay, that would make you Harvey Milk...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Well if you want to make up a bunch of numbers to be right, then yes, that works.

  10. #8
    Village Idiot fc-Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRO53 View Post
    I found out what they are they are a Lucas injection metering setup. Just found it on the Kinsler site. What the site says that it was used in can am alot. It meters the fuel to each cylinder through the dizzy and the metering device. I just found the picks on the web. Just wondering if anyone has ran one?
    I was looking for some crower injection tubes and the old boy says 500.00 for the package deal. It has two of the dizzys like in the picks a crower base only and about 3 sets of injector tubes. Just the tubes.
    Has anybody ran this setup before?
    You may want to contact Kinsler and see what they might give you for those units. I know they are BIG bucks to get through Kinsler, and that is for refurbished units.

    Paul

  11. #9
    Senior Member alkyexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orangevale CA
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fc-Pilot View Post
    You may want to contact Kinsler and see what they might give you for those units. I know they are BIG bucks to get through Kinsler, and that is for refurbished units.

    Paul
    X2 to what paul is saying,, you might have some good trading material to get the rest of what you need to run your other unit,, good find,, Eric

  12. #10
    Senior Member Hydroguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Exactamento, you have the Lucas Dist. Those were used on the Can Am's. Kinsler gets a lot for them but that doesn't mean they will give you a lot for them.

  13. #11
    The Hat
    Guest

    Default

    those look like the Old "Tecalimite" injection fuel and ignition distributors, those were a timed injection and proved to be pretty good if you could figure them out and get the fuel curve the way you wanted it....

  14. #12
    Senior Member PRO53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TOMBALL, TEXAS
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Well here is one on ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lucas...item2c52562117

    Going to pick up the parts on Thursday.The dizzys the dude has says Hilborn on them.
    OMEGA JET, AND Sanger Shovelnose Hydro
    "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS"
    AND A LIST OF ONGOING


  15. #13
    Senior Member MR.Magoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    hey pro i saw a injection set up in houston craigslist for 1000.00 .

  16. #14
    Senior Member alkyexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orangevale CA
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PRO53 View Post
    Well here is one on ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lucas...item2c52562117

    Going to pick up the parts on Thursday.The dizzys the dude has says Hilborn on them.
    These people are NUT'S ,, you can get that type of system for $1000-$2000 all over the place ,, they seem to work good,,, check the shaft's and linkage for play,, they can be a nightmare if it is loose,,,( trust me ) ,,, ...........Eric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95