Old TRW piston numbers
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
Old TRW piston numbers

  1. #1
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Old TRW piston numbers

    Anyone got an old TRW piston catalog? I have some sbc pistons that I can't find any specs for online,, I think they are 2457 and 2458 if I recall, angle plug dome 350 pistons. I am guessing they were made to work with specific heads, need to figure out exactly what I can do with them.

    Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member GT Jets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morgan Hill
    Posts
    2,234

    Default

    My old man has every catalog available from the last 20 years, he'll have it. I will check it out tomorrow...

    GT
    GT


    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    Put a 300 on the back of it, Flywheel it and a nosecone. $15,000 later you'll have a 65 mph pile of shit......

  4. #3
    Senior Member gregb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Redondo
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Oval track and Racing w/5.7" rod and stock stroke. Comp ratio with 57cc head-14.0, with 64cc head-12.5, with 68cc head-11.8, with 76cc head-10.7, that's with .005 deck clearance and .039 compressed gasket, according to TRW circa 1989. The 2457 number is for cyls 1,4,5,8. 2458 for the rest obviously.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    Oval track and Racing w/5.7" rod and stock stroke. Comp ratio with 57cc head-14.0, with 64cc head-12.5, with 68cc head-11.8, with 76cc head-10.7, that's with .005 deck clearance and .039 compressed gasket, according to TRW circa 1989. The 2457 number is for cyls 1,4,5,8. 2458 for the rest obviously.
    Thanks, had the pin height figured, and was pretty close on compression. I was curious if they listed specific angle plug heads they were supposed to work with.

  7. #5
    Senior Member alkyexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orangevale CA
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    Thanks, had the pin height figured, and was pretty close on compression. I was curious if they listed specific angle plug heads they were supposed to work with.
    Had to laugh at my self, I was thinking wtf on the 1 4 5 8 , then realized angle plug head's ,,lol,, ( used to big block ).......Eric

  8. #6
    Senior Member gregb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Redondo
    Posts
    375

    Default

    No, it does not list any specific head.

  9. #7
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alkyexpress View Post
    Had to laugh at my self, I was thinking wtf on the 1 4 5 8 , then realized angle plug head's ,,lol,, ( used to big block ).......Eric
    Don't forget that small block Chevy engines alternate their valves. EI IE EI IE

  10. #8
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    No, it does not list any specific head.
    Thanks very much for your help!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95