Best deal on an oil pan
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
Best deal on an oil pan

  1. #1
    AKA Blownjet 468 Blowncat 509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Paso & L.A.
    Posts
    1,205

    Default Best deal on an oil pan

    Don't know if anyone has ever dealt with them before, they mostly build
    circle track pans, but I called them to ask about a custom pan, and they said no problem. told them I wanted a marine style box type pan with
    a full pass. side kickout, 10-12qts, baffled, w/tray, scraper, etc. for a
    gen 6 BBC. They said NO PROBLEM! gold iradited, with pickup screen,
    $320.00!!!! MADE IN USA! OH YEAH, KEVKO is the name! this sure
    sounds cheap ANYBODY ever deal with them before?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WHITTIER CA
    Posts
    534

    Default

    I belive its the same guy that i met at long beach swap meet and i ordered a 14 for my flat bottom and it was only 350.. As compared to otheres at 750.00 i should have mine next week sometime :d

  4. #3
    Senior Member Notalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas/HB/LBC
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    They do some good stuff.
    "Pain is a figment of your Imagination"

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    550

    Default

    We run em in circle track all the time.

    Another thing I figured out B&B and the less expensive Bandit, Hamburgers, etc. are all the same pan.

    I ordered a B&B from Rex really nice pan for the $$$. A friend of mine looked at a Bandit and a Hamburger pan and they all share the same part# expect the 1st two or last two are different. The bandit pan set next to my B&B was the same pan for half price.

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    435

    Default

    This is just me, buy the best pan you can afford, when you burn up a 10,000 dollar short block trying to save 300 bucks with a guy that doesn't build v-drive oil pans everyday doesn't take long to figure the savings.

    been there done that, the oil pan can make or brake you.

    look at the stefs oil pans.

  8. #6
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    I would be very leary of buying a pan from someone that wasn't know for make a marine pan. If it is a play jet, wife and kids, who knows, maybe a stock truck pan will get you by. If, on the other hand you decide to get a wee bit stupid, you will pay the price. Alot of motors are lost because of pans. Alot of people don't realize it's the pan because it blew when they were just cruizing along on calm water with the wife and kids when it let go. Thats because you wounded it yesterday with your buddies while wake jumping. Once the bearing is hurt, it only gets worse. They don't heal and they always remember. This pic was taken Thanksgiving weekend at the Parker season opener. I hadn't planned to run this pan, but had no choice. Did I think it would work. Lets just say I asked the driver to take it easy, and I hoped. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. It never dropped below 55lbs all weekend according to the data recorder. And it is pulling somewhere in the neibhorhood of 1.5 G's at this point. What pan? B&B



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadable.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	64297  

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSRIVERRAT View Post
    I belive its the same guy that i met at long beach swap meet and i ordered a 14 for my flat bottom and it was only 350.. As compared to otheres at 750.00 i should have mine next week sometime :d
    I believe the guy you are refering to is named Zale. Nice pan, great craftmanship, but don't do anything stupid in the boat. Oil control could be better.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  10. #8
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Kevco builds pans for one of the vendors on here....I had one, very nice pans.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities, TN
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    We run em in circle track all the time.

    Another thing I figured out B&B and the less expensive Bandit, Hamburgers, etc. are all the same pan.

    I ordered a B&B from Rex really nice pan for the $$$. A friend of mine looked at a Bandit and a Hamburger pan and they all share the same part# expect the 1st two or last two are different. The bandit pan set next to my B&B was the same pan for half price.

    History lesson, Joe Stef designed the pan when at Hamburger in the 80's. Joe Stef now owns Stef's and B&B. Joe also owns the tooling that the B&B pan is made on. The Burger and Bandit may look like our pan but but they are not. Our pan comes with the pickup designed for the pan, it also comes with the hardware. You will also fine ours fits very well.
    Chris Straub
    Straub Technologies

    3HP is an A$$ Whooping!!! JW

  12. #10
    Senior Member Brendellajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ladera Ranch
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
    History lesson, Joe Stef designed the pan when at Hamburger in the 80's. Joe Stef now owns Stef's and B&B. Joe also owns the tooling that the B&B pan is made on. The Burger and Bandit may look like our pan but but they are not. Our pan comes with the pickup designed for the pan, it also comes with the hardware. You will also fine ours fits very well.
    So who is building them?
    "He is a lover, not a fighter. But he's also a fighter, so dont get any ideas."

  13. #11
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I would be very leary of buying a pan from someone that wasn't know for make a marine pan. If it is a play jet, wife and kids, who knows, maybe a stock truck pan will get you by. If, on the other hand you decide to get a wee bit stupid, you will pay the price. Alot of motors are lost because of pans. Alot of people don't realize it's the pan because it blew when they were just cruizing along on calm water with the wife and kids when it let go. Thats because you wounded it yesterday with your buddies while wake jumping. Once the bearing is hurt, it only gets worse. They don't heal and they always remember. This pic was taken Thanksgiving weekend at the Parker season opener. I hadn't planned to run this pan, but had no choice. Did I think it would work. Lets just say I asked the driver to take it easy, and I hoped. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. It never dropped below 55lbs all weekend according to the data recorder. And it is pulling somewhere in the neibhorhood of 1.5 G's at this point. What pan? B&B
    That's some good oil pan..it even works under water!
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  14. #12
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    That spray isn't over the boat. It"s along side of it. All of the water you see is caused by the boat. Even the spray in front of it.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
    History lesson, Joe Stef designed the pan when at Hamburger in the 80's. Joe Stef now owns Stef's and B&B. Joe also owns the tooling that the B&B pan is made on. The Burger and Bandit may look like our pan but but they are not. Our pan comes with the pickup designed for the pan, it also comes with the hardware. You will also fine ours fits very well.

    Are you designing and building pans with Joe? You seem to be inferring that.

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities, TN
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
    Are you designing and building pans with Joe? You seem to be inferring that.
    I worked for Joe for 3 years. I still do in the capacity of sales and tech support and also handle the larger wholesale accounts.
    Chris Straub
    Straub Technologies

    3HP is an A$$ Whooping!!! JW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95