Gotta a Carb question
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
Gotta a Carb question

  1. #1
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,109

    Default Gotta a Carb question

    Hey guys, I got a carb/fuel question for ya .. I took my bowels off last night to change my primary jets and noticed a white residue in my bowels .. The boat has been setting for about a month and the bowels were dry.. I'm runnin AV gas with a shot of marvels in it.. I was just wondering what would cause this residue and would it hurt anything goin through the carbs .. Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    If you've got white shit in your bowels, go see a doctor.


    White shit in your bowls is a different story. I pulled my carbs apart about 2 weeks after sinking my boat and the river water had started to eat the aluminum/pot metal that the carb is made of....looked like it was full of white tooth paste.

    You've got some moisture/water that is getting into the bowls and spending an extended length of time in there. Figure out why.

  4. #3
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Sounds like water has found its way and stayed. We use to drain the water content out of planes via a petcock valve under the fuel tanks before take-off. Always had a little water.

    norcal73

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbhsbz View Post
    If you've got white shit in your bowels, go see a doctor.


    White shit in your bowls is a different story. I pulled my carbs apart about 2 weeks after sinking my boat and the river water had started to eat the aluminum/pot metal that the carb is made of....looked like it was full of white tooth paste.

    You've got some moisture/water that is getting into the bowls and spending an extended length of time in there. Figure out why.
    LOL I ment bowls !!!! I cant spell worth a shit either but thanks

  7. #5
    987
    987 is offline
    SWDBA 987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    25

    Default

    The white residue is from your av gas, av gas has a little antifreeze in it to prevent freezing at high altitudes, doesn't hurt anything
    96' 18ft Pantera Drag Boat

  8. #6
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 987 View Post
    The white residue is from your av gas, av gas has a little antifreeze in it to prevent freezing at high altitudes, doesn't hurt anything
    Very correct that AV gas has an ethylene-glycol additive for not freezing in the thin cold air. BUT many (including myself] have seen the same thing without running AV gas! It is caused by condensation and electrolysis in the carbs. Hot motor mixed with a cold feul in a captive area will sweat and then toss in electrolysis with a battery still hooked up and bingo----cum stains in your'e BOWELS

  9. #7
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Very correct that AV gas has an ethylene-glycol additive for not freezing in the thin cold air. BUT many (including myself] have seen the same thing without running AV gas! It is caused by condensation and electrolysis in the carbs. Hot motor mixed with a cold feul in a captive area will sweat and then toss in electrolysis with a battery still hooked up and bingo----cum stains in your'e BOWELS

    Now that a good way to put it Ol Guy .. When I pull it out I alway unhook the battery

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Very correct that AV gas has an ethylene-glycol additive for not freezing in the thin cold air. BUT many (including myself] have seen the same thing without running AV gas! It is caused by condensation and electrolysis in the carbs. Hot motor mixed with a cold feul in a captive area will sweat and then toss in electrolysis with a battery still hooked up and bingo----cum stains in your'e BOWELS
    You guys crack me up with the BOWEL comments. Good thing to remember, unhook battery after using the boat.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Rivernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Kids at the MJ Neverland ranch were having the same problem.

    Real Boats Don't Have Propellers!
    -- Rivernut

  12. #10
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNYoungblood View Post
    Now that a good way to put it Ol Guy .. When I pull it out I alway unhook the battery
    Thats a good thing! Now think of an ungrounded boat as you are wiping it down (static electricity) Then remember the hot motor cold feul syndrome. Its common in boats, just alot of guys dont get into the carbs as much and alot of times it gets washed away before being noticed. It really wont create alot of problems untill the mind-flock it thows in when you first see it! IMO

  13. #11
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivernut View Post
    Kids at the MJ Neverland ranch were having the same problem.
    Okay, now that is just sick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95