Does anybody know anything about these heads?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 38

Thread:
Does anybody know anything about these heads?

  1. #1
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Does anybody know anything about these heads?

    Supposed to be good for 200 hp. But kinda spendy @ $10k






    Chevy big block motor with Arao 32v heads. Heads bolt onto all 454, 502 or larger big block Chevy’s. All high performance camshafts can be used. All standard flat top pistons can be used up to 11.0:1 compression ratio. Higher compression pistons available from all piston manufacturers. 8 exhaust ports on each head is standard. Adapter available to bring 8 ports into 4 so standard headers can be used. Intake ports are higher than Big Chief heads. Special sheet metal intake manifold is needed. Heads are fully water jacketed billet aluminum.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dubby/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]



    http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/chevybb.htm
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    AKA Blownjet 468 Blowncat 509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Paso & L.A.
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    TOO EXPENSIVE....If they were all that great, you would see alot more than you do
    hey have been around for a long time-long enough to prove themselves worthwhile--IF
    THEY WERE.....


    Out With The Old, In With The New.......Goodbye Blinding Acceleration, Hello Sustained High Speed (in comfort)

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,168

    Default Offshore stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Blowncat 509 View Post
    TOO EXPENSIVE....If they were all that great, you would see alot more than you do
    hey have been around for a long time-long enough to prove themselves worthwhile--IF
    THEY WERE.....
    I talked with the owner a while back. He was/is concentrating on the big inch offshore stuff. I couldn't interest him in any flatbottom power plant experimentation/R&D.... Very impressive pieces with spaceage technology......
    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    These will kick their ass everyday, and twice on race Sunday.

    And all the supporting parts, pistons manifolds, blower manifolds and etc are readily available. This head has more than proven itself.

    The Arao heads aren't quite the looser these heads are, but they are close.




    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  7. #5
    AKA Blownjet 468 Blowncat 509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Paso & L.A.
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    I talked with the owner a while back. He was/is concentrating on the big inch offshore stuff. I couldn't interest him in any flatbottom power plant experimentation/R&D.... Very impressive pieces with spaceage technology......
    Ray
    "couldn't interest him in any "flatbottom R&D" I'll give you an "A" for effort tho'
    NICE TRY


    Out With The Old, In With The New.......Goodbye Blinding Acceleration, Hello Sustained High Speed (in comfort)

  8. #6
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sold honda.bought hondo View Post
    Supposed to be good for 200 hp. But kinda spendy @ $10k






    Chevy big block motor with Arao 32v heads. Heads bolt onto all 454, 502 or larger big block Chevy’s. All high performance camshafts can be used. All standard flat top pistons can be used up to 11.0:1 compression ratio. Higher compression pistons available from all piston manufacturers. 8 exhaust ports on each head is standard. Adapter available to bring 8 ports into 4 so standard headers can be used. Intake ports are higher than Big Chief heads. Special sheet metal intake manifold is needed. Heads are fully water jacketed billet aluminum.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dubby/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]



    http://www.araoengineering.com/Chevy/chevybb.htm
    Be real careful dealing with this company. I heard the previous incarnation of it took quite a few folks money and never shipped any product. Arao had a booth at SEMA this year and I was not impressed at all with the finish work of its heads.

  9. #7
    What the Hell is That? 72Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Be real careful dealing with this company. I heard the previous incarnation of it took quite a few folks money and never shipped any product. Arao had a booth at SEMA this year and I was not impressed at all with the finish work of its heads.
    I had a good dealing with them. I took my heads to him for new valves and seats. Good price, very friendly, good turn around time. I'm not saying what cyclone said isn't true or not. I had a good experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Log off and go float, hang in the party coves, Show and shine on the trailer, fill up the boat, wax it, v-drive, jet, outdrive, and if you got a canoe and your reading this, you sir, need to phucking upgrade.

  10. #8
    AKA Blownjet 468 Blowncat 509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Paso & L.A.
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    sure your not talking about "aeroheads"?


    Out With The Old, In With The New.......Goodbye Blinding Acceleration, Hello Sustained High Speed (in comfort)

  11. #9
    What the Hell is That? 72Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blowncat 509 View Post
    sure your not talking about "aeroheads"?
    Yea I'm sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk to hide from the IT dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Log off and go float, hang in the party coves, Show and shine on the trailer, fill up the boat, wax it, v-drive, jet, outdrive, and if you got a canoe and your reading this, you sir, need to phucking upgrade.

  12. #10
    www.highflowdynamics.com LakesOnly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,160

    Cool

    Russ Arao has been working on those heads for around twenty years. As I recall, he was into Porsches earlier on and then got into designing his own cylinder head. I do think they have the potential to make a lot of power. I think the Arao heads didn't become popular for several reasons, but I don't care to express those reasons here and now. There have been some horror stories about getting orders filled, a la Bitz-type experiences.
    High Flow Dynamics
    Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family


    This post © Copyright 2007-2017 Paul Kane. No copying, linking, printing or otherwise without express written permission.

  13. #11
    www.highflowdynamics.com LakesOnly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,160

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    These will kick their ass everyday, and twice on race Sunday.
    In a blown application or when tilting the can, most certainly.

    In an naturally aspirated application, it might be a diffferent story...but then again, the two wildly different heads are hardly in the same "application family," if you know what I mean. Yes, for my money I'd go with the Arias stuff for aaaall the other reasons you mentioned ("all the supporting parts, pistons manifolds, blower manifolds and etc are readily available.")

    LO
    High Flow Dynamics
    Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family


    This post © Copyright 2007-2017 Paul Kane. No copying, linking, printing or otherwise without express written permission.

  14. #12
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    In "theory" the pent roof design is very efficient. Something about less surface area per?? Or less cc per valve size? (2) 2.02 valves gives WAY MORE area than (1) 2.5 Thats about all I know.
    Obvioulsy the center plug is a winner.
    Wags

  15. #13
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakesOnly View Post
    In a blown application or when tilting the can, most certainly.

    In an naturally aspirated application, it might be a diffferent story...but then again, the two wildly different heads are hardly in the same "application family," if you know what I mean. Yes, for my money I'd go with the Arias stuff for aaaall the other reasons you mentioned ("all the supporting parts, pistons manifolds, blower manifolds and etc are readily available.")

    LO
    Funny you would say that. There is some talk on another thread that seems to think there is no need for heads of this type on boosted deals
    I agree, even blown on gas, its still hard to beat a good BBC head. But alky or lite nitro loads, they work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    In "theory" the pent roof design is very efficient. Something about less surface area per?? Or less cc per valve size? (2) 2.02 valves gives WAY MORE area than (1) 2.5 Thats about all I know.
    Obvioulsy the center plug is a winner.
    Wags
    Pents are pretty much the only choice with 4 valves. A true hemi has less surface area than a pent. But you play hell trying to get 4 valves in a true hemi. Honda (MC)pulled it off, but dropped the deal after about 2 years and went back to a pent. The one issue with the 4 valve pent is you still have valves with one side up against the cylinder wall as it opens. Which the hemi and Honda 4 valve hemi do not. The side of the valve nearest the wall travels away from the wall as it opens. Honda tried to beat that problem with an oblong piston for the pent 4 valve.. Dropped that one also.
    Seems lately, aside from nitro and possibly alky deals, that the figure 8 hemi lay out is the choice due to having a quench pad(s).



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 12-15-2010 at 08:07 PM.

  16. #14
    AKA Blownjet 468 Blowncat 509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Paso & L.A.
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I know there was another "32 valve head" out a while back, but my old brain is fartin'
    again GN, I KNOW YOU KNOW! was it Batten? or somthing like that.....


    Out With The Old, In With The New.......Goodbye Blinding Acceleration, Hello Sustained High Speed (in comfort)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95