figureing new pushrod length with t&d's
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
figureing new pushrod length with t&d's

  1. #1
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default figureing new pushrod length with t&d's

    the length for these were very touchy to figure out so i cut one pushrod & put fuel line over it so i could adjust it to the right length for both the intake & exaust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000157.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	116915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000160.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	116916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000159.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	116917  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    the length for these were very touchy to figure out so i cut one pushrod & put fuel line over it so i could adjust it to the right length for both the intake & exaust.
    You using the little setup guage that comes with the T&D's ?
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  4. #3
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    You using the little setup guage that comes with the T&D's ?
    Yep,, based on your other thread, make sure you have the stands set up correctly before you try to figure pushrod length. Depending on valve length, you may need the heads or rocker stands machined (like the set of Brodix that I am currently setting up with T&D rockers)

    PS,, clever thinking with the fuel line, since the actual geometry is determined by the rocker stands.
    Last edited by obnoxious001; 05-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    You using the little setup guage that comes with the T&D's ?
    i did at the race shop on the counter & they said not to use it & set it up not shiming it!it looked better on the valve that way. i will take it back in to double check now that it is all together .

  7. #5
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    Yep,, based on your other thread, make sure you have the stands set up correctly before you try to figure pushrod length. Depending on valve length, you may need the heads or rocker stands machined (like the set of Brodix that I am currently setting up with T&D rockers)

    PS,, clever thinking with the fuel line, since the actual geometry is determined by the rocker stands.
    i think i screwed up !? i might shim the rockers up gonna take it back to the race shop first.
    Last edited by turbo wog; 05-24-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    i think i screwed up !? i might shim the rockers up gonna take it back to the race shop first.
    Paulie, what shop are you using? Take them to Dee Reily's and get them done right! Hope you have some inconel or super alloys for the exhaust.
    Last edited by steveo143; 05-25-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  9. #7
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    Paulie, what shop are you using? Take them to Dee Reily's and get them done right! Hope you have some inconel or super alloys for the exhaust.
    who is Dee Reily & where is he located. ,yes i am running the feria valves

  10. #8
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    who is Dee Reily & where is he located. ,yes i am running the feria valves
    He is in Yuba City, probably the best engine guy in Nor. Cal. Call LSR for info, Andy could tell you but he is in Oregon and doesn't know how to use his new phone!
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  11. #9
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    He is in Yuba City, probably the best engine guy in Nor. Cal. Call LSR for info, Andy could tell you but he is in Oregon and doesn't know how to use his new phone!
    Shop is called 'Built by Dee'
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  12. #10
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    Shop is called 'Built by Dee'
    thanks, is he a head guy or a motor guy ?

  13. #11
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    i think i might have some cool tent stakes to bring to the lake if any one needs 16 of themthey look just like .210 pushrods!

  14. #12
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    thanks, is he a head guy or a motor guy ?
    One stop shop, he's and old fart like me, ex boat racer, over the top fabricator. His son Cory runs the day to day operation. In house engine dyno etc. Do you have the correct length valves in those heads?
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  15. #13
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    One stop shop, he's and old fart like me, ex boat racer, over the top fabricator. His son Cory runs the day to day operation. In house engine dyno etc. Do you have the correct length valves in those heads?
    yes i have had them set up from the shop & i have had them since 2005 in my motor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95