Fast chip
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
Fast chip

  1. #1
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default Fast chip

    Who has ever dealt with fast chip out of Oklahoma? I built a friend a engine and told him it would NEED to be re-chipped for a computer friendly tune. Which he didn't do! So now I have been hunting on the internet for a person to program a chip to work with the set-up. The only person that seemed to have a clue was FASTCHIP.COM. Reason I ask is he was the only one that the right questions as to cam,compression and induction. Input???? M

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    It would be a huge help to know who's ECU is it. Is this car or a boat. GM or Ford ECU? Or a Mercruiser?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  4. #3
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    It would be a huge help to know who's ECU is it. Is this car or a boat. GM or Ford ECU? Or a Mercruiser?
    Sorry for the lack of info! I was just looking for info on the company! FWIW it is a 90 chevy blazer with a 350. It is a factory ECU and the engine and computer are not playing well together as we speak. I told the person I built the engine for that he will need to do some computer work to see potential and hear we are. In my search for someone that understands and programs to spec. I found these guys and the person I spoke with on the phone asked all the right questions and was all to understanding of the situation. He told me the problems before I had a chance to tell him and he was dead-nuts right! Again I was just asking if anyone had dealt with them! M

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    If you talked to him and your comfortable with him, then go for it. I am use to dealing with these guys for GM ECUs. They are one of the very best. I would at least give them a call.
    For Merc ECUs, its 1000000% Whipple.

    LINK: ECU reprogramming



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  7. #5
    Senior Member Retired Flatbottom Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    1,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Who has ever dealt with fast chip out of Oklahoma? I built a friend a engine and told him it would NEED to be re-chipped for a computer friendly tune. Which he didn't do! So now I have been hunting on the internet for a person to program a chip to work with the set-up. The only person that seemed to have a clue was FASTCHIP.COM. Reason I ask is he was the only one that the right questions as to cam,compression and induction. Input???? M
    I know him well....His name is Ed Wright.. You can't go wrong, the guy knows his stuff well. Highly recomend him.

  8. #6
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    If you talked to him and your comfortable with him, then go for it. I am use to dealing with these guys for GM ECUs. They are one of the very best. I would at least give them a call.
    For Merc ECUs, its 1000000% Whipple.

    LINK: ECU reprogramming
    One last time! I just asked if anybody has dealt with them! M

  9. #7
    Senior Member Retired Flatbottom Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    1,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    One last time! I just asked if anybody has dealt with them! M
    Read my post above. I have know him for around 35 years, way before all this computer chip stuff. Very honest guy and knows what he's doing.

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Flatbottom Racer View Post
    Read my post above. I have know him for around 35 years, way before all this computer chip stuff. Very honest guy and knows what he's doing.
    He can't RFR, he is too busy yelling at me



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Flatbottom Racer View Post
    Read my post above. I have know him for around 35 years, way before all this computer chip stuff. Very honest guy and knows what he's doing.
    I think I was typing as you were responding and Ed was who I spoke with. I agree 100% The guy new the problems before I told him. He wanted the cam specs trany set-up and so on. His chip is already ordered and I wanted any info to satisfy my mind. I thank you for your'e input! Can't wait to get it and see the engine run as it should. M

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    123

    Thumbs up

    You found one of the best out there, people bring cars from across the country for dyno tunes. Ed plays with superstock cars and does real well. Been around him a few years but not as many as RFR, he's old. lol......

  13. #11
    Senior Member Retired Flatbottom Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    1,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatnu View Post
    You found one of the best out there, people bring cars from across the country for dyno tunes. Ed plays with superstock cars and does real well. Been around him a few years but not as many as RFR, he's old. lol......
    Kevin, Ed closed his shop down and semi retired a while back. Just does internet sales on this stuff now.
    Old huh?? LMAO!

  14. #12
    cfm
    cfm is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Who has ever dealt with fast chip out of Oklahoma?
    Ed Wright. He is out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is a big drag racer, so don't be suprised if he is unreachable some Fri's thru Monday's.

    FYI: he does have a shop where he does custom tuning live, also. Not just an internet or phone order place.

    He's been doing this for a long time.......basically same time Hypertech came out. Saw them match race against each other in two 'tuner' cars in PA eons ago.

  15. #13
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Thanks for the responses most of you guys! I was just checking for feed back on an area I am not to educated in. Most of the stuff I dabble in these days would be carbed or MFI and simple ign builds! M

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95