E-85 fuel usage ?????
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
E-85 fuel usage ?????

  1. #1
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default E-85 fuel usage ?????

    It's probably been covered 10 times, but I'm being to lazy to look for it

    What should one expect to happen with fuel milage if running E-85 with a Carb in a jet boat?

    After reading the thread about the blown 557" the thought just crossed my mind if I should try E-85 in the rebuilt 565" running 13:1 compression? I think the problem would be that we burn way to much fuel over a weekend to do run it. They don't carry it at any of the docks at the lower river, so it might just be ruled out before I even start thinking about it?

    But what's the burn rate on the stuff?

    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    30% more than gas.
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wash.
    Posts
    293

    Default


  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member steveo143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getrdone View Post
    Where have you been hiding?
    steveo143 AKA DiMarco 21 II



    Now totally Green on E-85, saving the world one ear of corn at a time!
    RIP Davey B and Denis and Chris and Bob GN7

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    30% more than gas.
    Or more. 30% is the difference between gasoline and E85 in a E85 vehicle or maybe a street deal. Its the starting point for jetting. But most will find that maxiumum torque will higher than that.

    Jon, what do you run with 13 to 1 that you can buy on the docks?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wash.
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo143 View Post
    Where have you been hiding?
    working,,

  9. #7
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    When I first switched to E85 I had a Haltech E6K ECU and they base their fueling on injector pulse width.
    I added 30% across the board to the gas maps I had and watched the O2 sensor from there to tune from.
    I cut it back some to get in the proper A/F range for E85 and It ended up being 28% more fuel than gas for the same 20# boost I ran with that setup.

    Switching from gas to E85 took about 1/2 hour and cost me nothing.
    Try that with a carb or a mechanical dribbler.
    EFI RULES

    I figure I get 2 1/2 - 3 mpg at 35 -40 mph.
    I bet most aren't getting that on gas now.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post

    Switching from gas to E85 took about 1/2 hour and cost me nothing.
    Try that with a carb or a mechanical dribbler.
    EFI RULES

    .
    So Mark, you have perfect A/F and impecable timing, but where is your WOW factor. You have to remember some cave type people are still stuck in the "stone with a hole in it" leaker, drippler setup, and need to over compensate for size complex issues they have. Sometimes nothing less than a an over sized big and ugly hat can appease them. Common sense and performance are secondary to the oooooh, ahhhhhh, woooooow. Doesn't matter if its fast or not, just so long as it looks the part.
    Milage, you don't need no stink'n milage when the boat is only on the water once in 2 years.





    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    So Mark, you have perfect A/F and impecable timing, but where is your WOW factor. You have to remember some cave type people are still stuck in the "stone with a hole in it" leaker, drippler setup, and need to over compensate for size complex issues they have. Sometimes nothing less than a an over sized big and ugly hat can appease them. Common sense and performance are secondary to the oooooh, ahhhhhh, woooooow. Doesn't matter if its fast or not, just so long as it looks the part.
    Milage, you don't need no stink'n milage when the boat is only on the water once in 2 years.

    and if its like mine it only runs for fifteen minutes anyways

  12. #10
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    So Mark, you have perfect A/F and impecable timing, but where is your WOW factor. You have to remember some cave type people are still stuck in the "stone with a hole in it" leaker, drippler setup, and need to over compensate for size complex issues they have. Sometimes nothing less than a an over sized big and ugly hat can appease them. Common sense and performance are secondary to the oooooh, ahhhhhh, woooooow. Doesn't matter if its fast or not, just so long as it looks the part.
    Milage, you don't need no stink'n milage when the boat is only on the water once in 2 years.
    "stone with a hole in it" LMAO

    No wow factor required,

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  13. #11
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Or more. 30% is the difference between gasoline and E85 in a E85 vehicle or maybe a street deal. Its the starting point for jetting. But most will find that maxiumum torque will higher than that.

    Jon, what do you run with 13 to 1 that you can buy on the docks?



    I'd have no hesitation running the av gas at Fishers. I don't even think I'd have to run it at less than 30*

    Now I'd watch the size of the Nos shot, but other than that I'd not worry about it. I think the dynamic compression ratio of the 565 is pretty low ( for what that's worth)

    S CP
    Last edited by Sleeper CP; 08-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  14. #12
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    main floor, row "A" for $9.00. Now thats funny.

    Stone is the "hi tech" setup. The early stuff required you to hunt up a puka shell with the right sized hole in it. Maxi's engine builder can remember when you used wood with a hole burned thru with a hot poker. The techn ology hasn't changed a bit. Only the materials used have. The metering accuracy is the same as it was when the wheel was invented. Some where between it runs, and its flooded.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  15. #13
    Members only MAXIMUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close by
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    main floor, row "A" for $9.00. Now thats funny.

    Stone is the "hi tech" setup. The early stuff required you to hunt up a puka shell with the right sized hole in it. Maxi's engine builder can remember when you used wood with a hole burned thru with a hot poker. The techn ology hasn't changed a bit. Only the materials used have. The metering accuracy is the same as it was when the wheel was invented. Some where between it runs, and its flooded.
    So now your over here talking shit ehh???
    Just remeber Bob that stone with a hole in it was good enough to have you run all the way across the pits in bako to see if we were cheating... And then of course there is always the Mink, 2 US-1 back to back championships, and an enduro title... I think we even broke the speed record in the 85 mph nostalgia class a few times. All this with a wood canoe, a cave man floor sweeper & a mummy driver! Please continue!

  16. #14
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    yeah yeah. What have you done lately. Thats old news. Thats was back when rocks with holes drilled in them were "hi tech" and your driver was only ancient then, not fossilized.
    Cheating? think the jury is still out on that one
    You got out of the game when you saw some real comptetion bearing down on you.
    Hows things been working for you in the enduro since that miracle on the Parker strip.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95