Isky solid roller lifter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
Isky solid roller lifter

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default Isky solid roller lifter

    Has anyone Ever have one that's spongy...and yes its a solid roller....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    Has anyone Ever have one that's spongy...and yes its a solid roller....
    Define "spongy" M

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Define "spongy" M
    Well when you push back on the rocker,on the pushrod side..I can see it move down..toward the lifter...I do know this is where my poping is comming from...#5 ext. valve

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    Well when you push back on the rocker,on the pushrod side..I can see it move down..toward the lifter...I do know this is where my poping is comming from...#5 ext. valve
    I would assume with that, you probably have a mismatch in your'e lifter arrangement. Pull it and disassemble on #5. is it the only cylinder or pair of lifters that show a relax in the lifter? Also if it is a solid roller there should not be any forgiving of the rocker thru push rod and lifter. Thats why they call them solids. M

  7. #5
    cfm
    cfm is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Are you under the belief they are solid rollers or do you know 100 million % they are solid rollers ?


    Reason for asking, I don't know your engine story, but have run into way too many people that have bought a used motor, used boat, or etc and don't end up having what they where told they have. Have also run into severla that had someplace build them a motor and didn't give them what they said they built. Just trying to get this out of the way.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    Well when you push back on the rocker,on the pushrod side..I can see it move down..toward the lifter...I do know this is where my poping is comming from...#5 ext. valve
    Sound to me like you may have a pushrod rubbing on the head or rocker stand.
    GROSE RACING INC.
    JOEY GROSE

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfm View Post
    Are you under the belief they are solid rollers or do you know 100 million % they are solid rollers ?


    Reason for asking, I don't know your engine story, but have run into way too many people that have bought a used motor, used boat, or etc and don't end up having what they where told they have. Have also run into severla that had someplace build them a motor and didn't give them what they said they built. Just trying to get this out of the way.
    Nope bought the cam and lifters from Rex Hutchinson

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GROSERACING View Post
    Sound to me like you may have a pushrod rubbing on the head or rocker stand.
    Hey Joey..Randy here, we ran this on your dyno...I had JR come by and checked the springs today all good...I can take a pushrod stand it on the bench put the lifter on top and you can feel it give..wierd huh...any way JR had a new pair he gave me..... By the way did you slip a hydrolic lifter in this?..

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,168

    Default Rubbing?

    Quote Originally Posted by GROSERACING View Post
    Sound to me like you may have a pushrod rubbing on the head or rocker stand.
    C'mon Joey, you know he needs a rev kit and his problem will go away...

    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  12. #10
    Ain't Right Racin piston in the wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sapulpa ok
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    Hey Joey..Randy here, we ran this on your dyno...I had JR come by and checked the springs today all good...I can take a pushrod stand it on the bench put the lifter on top and you can feel it give..wierd huh...any way JR had a new pair he gave me..... By the way did you slip a hydrolic lifter in this?..
    Is there a snap ring/retainer inside the lifter ??

  13. #11
    Senior Member tigertooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Define "spongy" M
    Isky made a solid roller lifter that had a spring above the link bar. The idea was that without the pushrod in place the lifter would raise up off the cam in order to change cams without pulling intake or when rockers or pushrods broke the lifter would raise up off the cam. Only used a set of them once. Link bar was inserted through a hole in the lifter, only time I ever broke a pushrod the link bar came out of the lifter and the other lifter turned sideways and ruined the cam. In my opinion this is what you have and I would ditch them.

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piston in the wind View Post
    Is there a snap ring/retainer inside the lifter ??
    NO..this is tough to explain, does anyone live around the Rocklin area care to take a peek ?

  15. #13
    Ain't Right Racin piston in the wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sapulpa ok
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Green View Post
    NO..this is tough to explain, does anyone live around the Rocklin area care to take a peek ?
    Take some pic's. Is the movement inside the lifter or between the roller and the axle

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Cool

    Ok, tonight I'm cleaning up my messes, the problem was #5 pushrod ext. rubbing.............thanks everyone..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95