Please Help.....
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
Please Help.....

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    175

    Default Please Help.....

    I usually hang out in the v-drive boards but need some help for the family cruiser.....Here's the deal....I have a sweet 88 rcb 21' daycruiser with a 454 ho king cobra drive package. It is the cone clutch good one. The engine package was installed in 1994. My question is this....I can't seem to find in any of the manuals I have the hp specs. I need to know what compression these were out of the factory, along with cast or forged pistons. I can only get about 60 out of it and need more. It's spinning 5000 @ 60mph. I have tried a few different props anf the all seem to top out the same. I was going to put a roller cam set up new heads, intake and maybe nos if I have forged pistons.....I would really like to know the specs on the engine before I do anything.....

    ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Likely about an 8.3:1 motor, cast pistons, cast crank.

    It was a factory crate motor after all.

    I've been running Nitrous on cast pistons for 30 years.
    The SAME cast pistons by the way. 1978 vintage. Apparently a very good year for factory cast slugs.

    Just blew 150HP dose on them this past weekend @5,900RPM, 3 passes, about 10 secconds each teaching a TX a thing or 2.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707-CREW View Post
    I usually hang out in the v-drive boards but need some help for the family cruiser.....Here's the deal....I have a sweet 88 rcb 21' daycruiser with a 454 ho king cobra drive package. It is the cone clutch good one. The engine package was installed in 1994. My question is this....I can't seem to find in any of the manuals I have the hp specs. I need to know what compression these were out of the factory, along with cast or forged pistons. I can only get about 60 out of it and need more. It's spinning 5000 @ 60mph. I have tried a few different props anf the all seem to top out the same. I was going to put a roller cam set up new heads, intake and maybe nos if I have forged pistons.....I would really like to know the specs on the engine before I do anything.....

    ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    707, Take the casting numbers off the deck of the block and go to motec.com and eliminate the geuss work you'll get around here. Motec will even tell you where to pull the numbers, AGAIN motec.com M
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    707, Take the casting numbers off the deck of the block and go to motec.com and eliminate the geuss work you'll get around here. Motec will even tell you where to pull the numbers, AGAIN motec.com M
    add an r (mortec.com)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big River, Ca
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    And that is not a 100% accurate, there are discrepencies here and there so be careful!..
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    northern member Canuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nechako
    Posts
    602

    Default

    no idea what omc used for these , or is it a replacement crate engine you have ? my guess.... if it came with rectangle port heads it would have a forged shortblock if it's got small oval ports it will have cast .
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    175

    Default

    I have tried all sources I could think of...I checked it on mortec weeks ago all it says is 90-91 mark 4 4bolt short deck......Thanks for the input
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Senior Member HKROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707-CREW View Post
    I have tried all sources I could think of...I checked it on mortec weeks ago all it says is 90-91 mark 4 4bolt short deck......Thanks for the input
    Pull the valve covers and check the head casting# this will give you an idea what you have.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95