meth injection on Turbo motor?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 32

Thread:
meth injection on Turbo motor?

  1. #1
    Senior Member OkieDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    319

    Default meth injection on Turbo motor?

    can meth injection eliminate the need for intercooler? how much meth is used? how much boost can you run? how do you tune it?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkieDave View Post
    can meth injection eliminate the need for intercooler? how much meth is used? how much boost can you run? how do you tune it?
    Yes it can, just dont let it run out. Talk to Rodney at AIS, he's the best at this and can give you the tune.
    The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  4. #3
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkieDave View Post
    can meth injection eliminate the need for intercooler? how much meth is used? how much boost can you run? how do you tune it?
    yes, put it on a dyno
    Last edited by jimclauss; 02-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    thats wat i did, no i.c. and a.i.s. 3 nozzle injection with a nice 5qt tank that should last the day.less than 13inches of charge pipe between my turbo comp outlet and the hat inlet, throttle response is nasty on the trailer, cant wait for the water to warm up

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  7. #5
    Member Mt.Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bass Lake California
    Posts
    69

    Default Meth

    Where do you inject the meth on an old Race Arrow, Rajay, draw thorough, twin holley, i/c setup. Running 15lbs boost with 100ll fuel? Is it best to buy the the entire kit or custom build to your needs? Thanks for any information or direction. Bill T.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mt.Man View Post
    Where do you inject the meth on an old Race Arrow, Rajay, draw thorough, twin holley, i/c setup. Running 15lbs boost with 100ll fuel? Is it best to buy the the entire kit or custom build to your needs? Thanks for any information or direction. Bill T.
    Like I said, best to let Rodney setup your system. There are to many variables & setups out there for a one size fits all system.
    The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Just my 2 cents on the subject and I am sure(think?) that Hass and Impatient will back me up on this. Nobody has mentioned water in this thread at all. Not sure if it is assumed or if someone is actually thinking 100% pure meth injection. Although Rodney is damn good at what he does and sells, and one hell of a nice guy, he isn't a magician.

    His systems, and everybody elses are based on a 50-50 or less mix of meth/water. Two things happen when you go passed this. One, the mix can become flammable. Its still pretty damn safe at 55-45, maybe even 40-60. But really, that is the point. As the mix gets richer, it gets harder and harder to jet the carb. Every drop of meth enrichs the total A/F ratio. A little enrichment under boost is good, a lot, not so good. If you attempt to jet for pure meth you will have to lean do the un-injected mixture to be in the ball park when it arrives. The amount you inject will impact the A/F. If you inject a tiny amount, you don't jack the overall too badly, but you miss out on the cooling. If you dump it in there, your A/F goes to hell. You're much better off in the long run using a 50-50 than straight meth because you can flow more without screwing up the A/F.

    If your running a closed looped EFI, that a different story.

    See Hass, there is some benefit to EFI. Like 100% pure meth injection under extreme boost! I'll take that over an IC or a 50-50 anyday.
    Damn, 100% meth and a knob. Now thats an unbeatable combo. Peanut port heads and stock hyd cam here I come!



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  10. #8
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Just my 2 cents on the subject and I am sure(think?) that Hass and Impatient will back me up on this. Nobody has mentioned water in this thread at all. Not sure if it is assumed or if someone is actually thinking 100% pure meth injection. Although Rodney is damn good at what he does and sells, and one hell of a nice guy, he isn't a magician.

    His systems, and everybody elses are based on a 50-50 or less mix of meth/water. Two things happen when you go passed this. One, the mix can become flammable. Its still pretty damn safe at 55-45, maybe even 40-60. But really, that is the point. As the mix gets richer, it gets harder and harder to jet the carb. Every drop of meth enrichs the total A/F ratio. A little enrichment under boost is good, a lot, not so good. If you attempt to jet for pure meth you will have to lean do the un-injected mixture to be in the ball park when it arrives. The amount you inject will impact the A/F. If you inject a tiny amount, you don't jack the overall too badly, but you miss out on the cooling. If you dump it in there, your A/F goes to hell. You're much better off in the long run using a 50-50 than straight meth because you can flow more without screwing up the A/F.

    If your running a closed looped EFI, that a different story.

    See Hass, there is some benefit to EFI. Like 100% pure meth injection under extreme boost! I'll take that over an IC or a 50-50 anyday.
    Damn, 100% meth and a knob. Now thats an unbeatable combo. Peanut port heads and stock hyd cam here I come!
    X 2 ! thats wht they told me . i run one on my truck . having problems now. when the pump is off it still draws water & causes a bad idle. way cheaper then racing gas!!!!!

  11. #9
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    X 2 ! thats wht they told me . i run one on my truck . having problems now. when the pump is off it still draws water & causes a bad idle. way cheaper then racing gas!!!!!
    thats why they invented check valves



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  12. #10
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    where could i get the right one? i just found out today that i needed one.

  13. #11
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo wog View Post
    where could i get the right one? i just found out today that i needed one.
    Any of the ones that Jegs and Summit sell should work. I used Jegs and they are pretty damn fool proof. They have them all the way up to -12
    LINK: Jegs check valve -6



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  14. #12
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Just my 2 cents on the subject and I am sure(think?) that Hass and Impatient will back me up on this. Nobody has mentioned water in this thread at all. Not sure if it is assumed or if someone is actually thinking 100% pure meth injection. Although Rodney is damn good at what he does and sells, and one hell of a nice guy, he isn't a magician.

    His systems, and everybody elses are based on a 50-50 or less mix of meth/water. Two things happen when you go passed this. One, the mix can become flammable. Its still pretty damn safe at 55-45, maybe even 40-60. But really, that is the point. As the mix gets richer, it gets harder and harder to jet the carb. Every drop of meth enrichs the total A/F ratio. A little enrichment under boost is good, a lot, not so good. If you attempt to jet for pure meth you will have to lean do the un-injected mixture to be in the ball park when it arrives. The amount you inject will impact the A/F. If you inject a tiny amount, you don't jack the overall too badly, but you miss out on the cooling. If you dump it in there, your A/F goes to hell. You're much better off in the long run using a 50-50 than straight meth because you can flow more without screwing up the A/F.

    If your running a closed looped EFI, that a different story.

    See Hass, there is some benefit to EFI. Like 100% pure meth injection under extreme boost! I'll take that over an IC or a 50-50 anyday.
    Damn, 100% meth and a knob. Now thats an unbeatable combo. Peanut port heads and stock hyd cam here I come!
    Exactly correct. The mix is the way to do it. Actually -20 windshield washer fluid. It can be bought anywhere and is cheap.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    spokane, wa
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Last season I ran an AIS water/meth kit on my 14-71/565 combo, I was able to run 10lbs of boost and a 200 shot of nitrous all on 92 oct. pump gas from the local chevron. It was a dual nozzle set up that I installed in the carb adapter plate with a 3 gallon tank, I would use just over 2 1/2 gallons to 28 gallons of gas. I bought a drum of vp methanol and mixed my own 50/50, it worked awesome and everything in the engine looks great!!

  16. #14
    Senior Member slow67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Alkycontrol is one of the few systems rated for 100% meth use. One downfall of meth is yes, its flammable, and if you have a BOV, it WILL mist out it when it opens. Not such a problem with jets, as many won't just chop the throttle anyway, so they don't run BOVs.

    One problem with water is, you can only inject so much (on a particular combination). In theory (negating any distribution problems) you can just keep adding meth (keeping your overall fueling in check with your carb/EFI).

    Also, now a lot of people use solenoids instead of check valves, as the pump can take a second or 2 to bleed off its built up pressure (over-running a check valve). Not really a huge problem unless you are running pre-turbo injection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95