Drama....................... - Page 7
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 85 to 98 of 210

Thread:
Drama.......................

  1. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anza Valley, Lost Lake, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUSBY View Post
    Who says they aren't posting

    You have to admit, you guys stirred a lot of shit. That's why others came out so hard.

    CS, Fuelinmyveins, RCB, Whitey, Finnegan, widowmaker, etc ALL run thier boats up and down the river more than 99% of other people that go to the river in the summer. You call out guys who have "regular river runners" and say that their boats are "all race" ... those boats see more river time in one year than they do if you added up their entire lifetime on the course.

    Are they THE heavy hitters? Yes, yes they are. But you and your dad called them full of crap, cheaters, etc.

    Just admit that they are the guys to beat ... is it that hard? I think you'd get a lot more respect that way.

    Just sayin.

    Red Cup for life! (even though I'm a lurker)
    Brian. We know who was posting then. It was all part of a game. We did stir the shit quite well. Most of my dad's threads were long and continually active for weeks, some among the best that have ever been on here.

    He didn't start the mean and hateful portion, other guys did. He just returned comments in kind.

    I'm not going to rehash the fact that he's not on here due to the overeaction of a Red Cup guy. I'll just say I think it was chicken shit in light of the emotional situation at the time. Nuff said.

    I will say he called them no worse than he was called. My father manned up and talked to a couple of those guys, of which I think you're aware so there is no crap anymore there that I know of. As far as them being the hitters, you know all it takes is the stroke of the pen to relagate hitters in life to also rans, Brian. Just look at Off Road racing.

    My dad saw Dick Landy, Butch Leal, Ronnie Sox, Bill Jenkins, Don Nicholson and a shit load of other guys test(street race) cars up around Van Nuys when he was young Brian. HE street raced up there and at the Box company, Santa Fe Springs Rd, Capitol Ave and all the rest of the SoCal Tracks(so to speak). Sometimes my Mom was with him(with me inside sometimes, in fact Brian, the night I was born, my dad raced his 68 428 Mustang against a GTO on Harbor Blvd southbound thru Fullerton on the way to Anaheim General Hospital). NOBODY at that time would have even thought of racing one of those guys with their 'steet race cars', so my dad doesn't understand the thrill a guy with a race boat would get racing and beating on a river boat I guess.

    I started this thread to see what was up. It's gone for awhile and provided some entertainment and that's a good thing for this Forum.

    Neither of us has an axe to grind or bad feelings Brian, but as far as respect, I will say that respect earns respect. Disdain earns the same.

    Hope this doesn't ruffle any pin feathers.

    Curt
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #86
    Senior Member Cowboy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Prunedale, California, United States
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Donny Both Nac and SA were at 75% full as of yesterday Tom
    stop in and say Hi next time your down
    Sould have a great summer at those two lakes. Mac is like a small ocean unless you are back in the narrows. San Antonio will be nice until mid day. Maybe some of these fast river runners can make it that way. Maybe even first weekend of June on North Shore. There will be a few fast lake boats there, and I think a few blown BBC jet boats.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #87
    I do all my own stunts. white tortilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tempe/Big River
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    ....
    just a lil weird..... mabye he should keep the creepy homosexual comments to the guys hes emailing on craigslist......
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anza Valley, Lost Lake, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    If you get beat by a "race" boat who cares? Better yet why care?
    Run what you brung or stay on the sand bar.

    S CP
    John. Worry about who's kicking YOUR ASS, at YOUR SANDBAR.

    Don't worry about our's. It'll work itself out.

    Next time bring a Tennis Rackett to stir with, NOT a Teaspoon with holes in it, lol.

    Curt
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #89
    Senior Member Pattymelt18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    John. Worry about who's kicking YOUR ASS, at YOUR SANDBAR.

    Don't worry about our's. It'll work itself out.

    Next time bring a Tennis Rackett to stir with, NOT a Teaspoon with holes in it, lol.

    Curt
    If your in here to line up races for the blue ford just go on and say it. Not sure why your pops cannot resign up to the boards. Im sure he can think of a new screen name.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #90
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Brian. We know who was posting then. It was all part of a game. We did stir the shit quite well. Most of my dad's threads were long and continually active for weeks, some among the best that have ever been on here.

    He didn't start the mean and hateful portion, other guys did. He just returned comments in kind.

    I'm not going to rehash the fact that he's not on here due to the overeaction of a Red Cup guy. I'll just say I think it was chicken shit in light of the emotional situation at the time. Nuff said.

    I will say he called them no worse than he was called. My father manned up and talked to a couple of those guys, of which I think you're aware so there is no crap anymore there that I know of. As far as them being the hitters, you know all it takes is the stroke of the pen to relagate hitters in life to also rans, Brian. Just look at Off Road racing.

    My dad saw Dick Landy, Butch Leal, Ronnie Sox, Bill Jenkins, Don Nicholson and a shit load of other guys test(street race) cars up around Van Nuys when he was young Brian. HE street raced up there and at the Box company, Santa Fe Springs Rd, Capitol Ave and all the rest of the SoCal Tracks(so to speak). Sometimes my Mom was with him(with me inside sometimes, in fact Brian, the night I was born, my dad raced his 68 428 Mustang against a GTO on Harbor Blvd southbound thru Fullerton on the way to Anaheim General Hospital). NOBODY at that time would have even thought of racing one of those guys with their 'steet race cars', so my dad doesn't understand the thrill a guy with a race boat would get racing and beating on a river boat I guess.

    I started this thread to see what was up. It's gone for awhile and provided some entertainment and that's a good thing for this Forum.

    Neither of us has an axe to grind or bad feelings Brian, but as far as respect, I will say that respect earns respect. Disdain earns the same.

    Hope this doesn't ruffle any pin feathers.

    Curt
    My point was that their boats are more river boats than race boats. And they are the guys to beat on the river. I guess you missed that part.

    And you are correct ... respect earns respect. I have sat on the sidelines and didn't really get involved in the big drama. But the stance that you guys took stating that you could beat everyone and/or that they were cheating was what caused the smack talk. There was also the comments that you had video but would never post it (if I remember correctly). Finally, when everyone called you guys out, asked for races over and over ... for some reason or another, it wouldn't happen (you guys then said they were race boats on the river).

    If I am wrong. I appologize. But this is the way I remember it going down. But I'm not that old and mentally unstable yet, my memory is pretty sharp.

    They are river boats that race. Just like your Dad's was. I hear his new engine is bad ass. Why not give those guys the respect? They might respect you in return for finally being honest and saying "dude, your chit is gnarly ... good job" instead of throwing bs around making up racing rules to exclude them?

    Just trying to keep it real. I'm not talking crap on you or your Dad's rides ... just seeing why you're holding on to old stuff so long.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #91
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    I'll go back to lurking now ... carry on. As Turtle said, off road racing is expensive & I have to get back to it ... that's where the money is.

    Off to another race! Plaster City here I come.

    See you guys on the water someday.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #92
    Large Member edog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Riverside, Ca
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    John. Worry about who's kicking YOUR ASS, at YOUR SANDBAR.

    Don't worry about our's. It'll work itself out.

    Next time bring a Tennis Rackett to stir with, NOT a Teaspoon with holes in it, lol.

    Curt
    WOW, Really?!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #93
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUSBY View Post
    I'll go back to lurking now ... carry on. As Turtle said, off road racing is expensive & I have to get back to it ... that's where the money is.

    Off to another race! Plaster City here I come.

    See you guys on the water someday.
    Haha yeah that'll be the day
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #94
    Senior Member Woods 017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    No drama no bull shit. I'll race anyone on the river (including the queen of AHA) or the race track if I win cool. If they win... just give me 15 minutes to put a bigger tune up in the thing.

    I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.

    I can't wait for summer!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #95
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    Haha yeah that'll be the day
    hey ... it could happen. lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #96
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    No drama no bull shit. I'll race anyone on the river (including the queen of AHA) or the race track if I win cool. If they win... just give me 15 minutes to put a bigger tune up in the thing.

    I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.

    I can't wait for summer!!
    you can't take your boat to the river ... it's a race boat, it won't run there.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #97
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    John. Worry about who's kicking YOUR ASS, at YOUR SANDBAR.

    Don't worry about our's. It'll work itself out.

    Next time bring a Tennis Rackett to stir with, NOT a Teaspoon with holes in it, lol.

    Curt

    When I get beat by a quicker boat I don't complain, I typically say " wow your boat hauls ass"

    I don't say, you have a blower, you have two carbs, your boat is 250lbs lighter, you have more hp, you have a bigger nos shot. I just say " your boat hauls ass"

    You might want to try it sometime.


    And when I do get beat by a "race" boat..... well it's time to turn on the stereo, load 6 people in the boat and go water skiing 12 miles up river while the race boat gloats in the thrill of beating a 9 passenger open bow jet boat.

    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #98
    Senior Member 2002CP19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Arrowhead/Lost Lake
    Posts
    692

    Default

    All they are saying is that they want to compare apples to apples. That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by schick View Post
    Hold it firmly on the ground, a few pelvic thrusts should do the trick. If not repeat till satisfied!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95