Parts spam
Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Parts spam

  1. #1
    Senior Member SANGER SS396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    766

    Angry Parts spam

    PLEASE VOTE
    THANKS
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member SANGER SS396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    766

    Angry Sorry it is not there

    WAKE UP REX. why do u want to let only those boaters who have tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ put item for sale on this web sight. i think that it is really unfair to those of us who are on a really tight budget. WHY DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING THAT HAS HELPED OUT THOSE OF US WHO TRY TO SAVE A FEW $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BY EITHER POSTING PARTS FOR SALE OR BUYING SOMETHING AT A SAVINGS. there is a lot of really great info here but if those of you who want DISTROY the spam section why oh why SCREW THE POOR LIMITIED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BOATER. please save the little person WHY DO YOU WANT TO HURT THE LITTLE PERSON REX?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Distinguished Member David 519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SANGER SS396 View Post
    WAKE UP REX. why do u want to let only those boaters who have tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ put item for sale on this web sight. i think that it is really unfair to those of us who are on a really tight budget. WHY DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING THAT HAS HELPED OUT THOSE OF US WHO TRY TO SAVE A FEW $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BY EITHER POSTING PARTS FOR SALE OR BUYING SOMETHING AT A SAVINGS. there is a lot of really great info here but if those of you who want DISTROY the spam section why oh why SCREW THE POOR LIMITIED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BOATER. please save the little person WHY DO YOU WANT TO HURT THE LITTLE PERSON REX?
    You need to spend some time around here getting to know who is who before you start shooting you CAPS LOCKED MOUTH off. Mike (Rex) doesn't own the site nor makes these decisions. Rex is a moderator and a decent (not GREAT but decent ) guy that does a LOT to help boaters out. There's a thread in Open Water that goes into a lot more detail on the subject of charging for the Spam section. If you go through that thread, you might have a clue what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    ....... David 519 is 100% correct........

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    .....I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member SANGER SS396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    766

    Default Help

    can some one please set up a vote section for this new thing that PB wants to do.
    question 1 keep the spam section the way it is
    question 2 go with pay for all adds
    question 3 i do not care



    what is wrong with the way things are? there is so much great info on this sight. what and where is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ going to be used for???????????????? sounds like to me that the ones who operate this sight is looking for a way to fund their own performance boating and they do not care about those of us who enjoy performance boating on a very limited budget. i have save me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from fellow boaters for parts i needed. i was also looking for other parts but since those of you who control this sight do not care about those of us who love the information and the savings we may get why do screw us?????????????? hello CRAIGS LIST HELLO E-BAY. ARE YOU JEALOUSE OF E-BAY and other sights who make money from the adds posted and sold at those web sights??????????? PLEASE SAVE THE WAY THE SPAM SECTION HAS BEEN FOR US POOR PEOPLE.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    I have not read the story behind this subject, but charging for the spam section would be a huge mistake. Make your $ off the adds flashing above, not off the guys reading you mag. my 2 cents.
    [email protected]


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    Upstanding Member Sharp Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Parking lot
    Posts
    12,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SANGER SS396 View Post
    can some one please set up a vote section for this new thing that PB wants to do.
    question 1 keep the spam section the way it is
    question 2 go with pay for all adds
    question 3 i do not care



    what is wrong with the way things are? there is so much great info on this sight. what and where is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ going to be used for???????????????? sounds like to me that the ones who operate this sight is looking for a way to fund their own performance boating and they do not care about those of us who enjoy performance boating on a very limited budget. i have save me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from fellow boaters for parts i needed. i was also looking for other parts but since those of you who control this sight do not care about those of us who love the information and the savings we may get why do screw us?????????????? hello CRAIGS LIST HELLO E-BAY. ARE YOU JEALOUSE OF E-BAY and other sights who make money from the adds posted and sold at those web sights??????????? PLEASE SAVE THE WAY THE SPAM SECTION HAS BEEN FOR US POOR PEOPLE.
    Nobody screwed you! You make this sound like PB.com owes you something...

    Rediculous.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,157

    Default Buy, sell, trade.....

    Unless something has changed in the last few hours, the decisions concerning the "spam" sections are still in limbo. No one is trying to screw anyone. There are expenses involved with hosting a site like this one. If the owners want to recover some of those expenses while providing a service to members, it is an option. I would suggest waiting to see what happens. (yelling at Rexone, Mike) does nothing to preserve what we enjoy now. I do, however, agree that any decision needs to be well thought out, as I'm sure it will be. As I've said before, WE are the forums, Performance Boat Magazine "Hosts" the web site, but it is us, the members here that make it what it is. I mentioned on the other thread that I felt a yearly "fee" allowing unlimited, (within reason), posting of items for sale would be fair. The amount is yet to be determined, but someone mentioned $50. yearly, or including the service with the Magazine subscriptions plus a small additional fee. I DO list items for sale, and I DO buy other member's items for sale. I DO bitch and moan when members don't show where the items are located, or fail to include a price. I also complain when members "link" e bay ads that put members in a position of having to "bid" against the general public. IMO, that is not a situation of "Boaters helping Boaters", but an obvious effort to squeeze every dime out of their parts/boats/cars/trucks/etc etc. that are not selling on e bay alone...Would I like the spam section to remain "as is"? Sure, but I also realize the owner's concern with the companies that PAY to advertise their parts/boats and services here on the site. Is there a "happy medium"?... I hope so, but if the owner's decision is what I consider "fair", I'll continue trying to move parts and pieces that others need at a reasonable price.......As with everything else in life, there are people that abuse the system and ruin it for everyone. I sincerely hope I don't fall into that category............Ray
    Last edited by Moneypit; 01-17-2010 at 02:02 AM.
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Senior Member SANGER SS396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    766

    Angry parts help

    where are we to go to if we want to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on our parts?????
    i would rather support a fellow performance boater than some stranger on aka e-bay ect. there have been some really great people selling items and also some great info on the parts they sell. let the person who wants to sell a couple items a month or yr do it for free. for the person who is like a dealer or post to many item for sale will have to pay to put adds of item for sale in the classified section. save the spam for the once in while person and not punish all of us if we only sale on or two items a year no matter the price
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,157

    Default The "line"

    Quote Originally Posted by SANGER SS396 View Post
    where are we to go to if we want to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on our parts?????
    i would rather support a fellow performance boater than some stranger on aka e-bay ect. there have been some really great people selling items and also some great info on the parts they sell. let the person who wants to sell a couple items a month or yr do it for free. for the person who is like a dealer or post to many item for sale will have to pay to put adds of item for sale in the classified section. save the spam for the once in while person and not punish all of us if we only sale on or two items a year no matter the price
    So, where do they draw the line? One or two items can escalate into 3 or 4, or 10 or 12....As I said, abuse is the downfall, and everyone suffers for the actions of a few. Please wait and see what the owners come up with. I have a feeling it will be quite fair to all........Ray

    PS And no, I don't have any inside information as to what it is going to be...
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #10
    Administrator Admin2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152

    Default

    There is a thread in open water on spam subject this does not belong in vdrives forums nor will there be vote. King c is weighing final decision - its not decided. Post there is you feel need to discuss. Rexone is moderator on our forums and helps us administer does not make these decisons so you're off base with attack there.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95