Honest question about DCB...Not hating...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 234

Thread:
Honest question about DCB...Not hating...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default Honest question about DCB...Not hating...

    I was just reading the latest Powerboat Mag where they tested the new DCB Widebody 31. Things super blinged out, great lines, powered by Teague 900+ whippled motors and #6's.

    The asking price is 630k!!!!

    A new 36' Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech with same power/drives will be around 700k.

    Does anyone know anyone personally that owns a DCB in the mid 30's range that was about this price?

    My question is; what made them buy a DCB over the big 3?

    DCB's are good looking boats but with a center pod and lower profile they are definately purpose built (lakes/calm water).

    I just don't get it. Like I said, not trying to hate - it just doesn't make sense to me.
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Lord of the Drinks Havasu Hangin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    273.36 Miles from Havasu
    Posts
    2,352

    Cool

    Oh boy...here we go again. The DCB lake boat boys are gonna be out justifyin' in force.

    Tank- did you mention resale value, too?
    "Warming the globe...16 cylinders at a time."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Perhaps I'm gay...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    RvRrat
    Guest

    Default

    If I had that kind of disposable cash, I'd buy one in a hearbeat.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    234

    Default

    My guess is that the true purchase price of that 31 is around 441,000 or a 30% discount from retail.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin'
    Oh boy...here we go again. The DCB lake boat boys are gonna be out justifyin' in force.

    Tank- did you mention resale value, too?
    Haha! I know there's a lot of DCB bashing that goes on around here. Whether in fun or hatin'. That's not my intention with this thread. But the resale thing truly is a good point.

    Quote Originally Posted by RvRrat
    If I had that kind of disposable cash, I'd buy one in a hearbeat.
    Wait, clearify. If you had the money you'd buy one too (as well as a skater/MTI/Nor-Tech)? Or if you had 700k to spend you'd pick a DCB first. Please explain why if it's the latter.

    Quote Originally Posted by skater40 View Post
    My guess is that the true purchase price of that 31 is around 441,000 or a 30% discount from retail.
    So when said and done half the price of the big 3. Now THAT makes sense to me! Nice looking boat, runs well, fast, etc. for half the price of the "comp" (though again, I really don't see a DCB in the same class).
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    Unhyphenated American vmjtc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    If I were going to only run the river and lakes I would go ahead and buy the dcb. But if I was going to run offshore it would be big three all the way. I think dcb makes a very nice looking boat that performs great so no hate from me, but I agree they are not in the same category as the big three.......
    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post

    maybe you guys should join a mormon sect forum or something...
    Boating and naked women is not your thing
    I miss my boats
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Tank just get in one and you will understand... I am guessing for a lake yes DCB over the others , you can cruise and not have that MONSTER porpoise...
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmjtc3 View Post
    If I were going to only run the river and lakes I would go ahead and buy the dcb. But if I was going to run offshore it would be big three all the way. I think dcb makes a very nice looking boat that performs great so no hate from me, but I agree they are not in the same category as the big three.......
    Ok, but lets go back to my original observation - at 630k you are waaaaaaay to close to Skater/MTI/Nor-Tech pricing. Why wouldn't you just buy one of the big 3 so you're ready for both?


    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy
    Tank just get in one and you will understand... I am guessing for a lake yes DCB over the others , you can cruise and not have that MONSTER porpoise...
    Haha! "Monster porpoise"? No big cat of the big 3 I've ever been on showed any sign of porpoise. But you're right, I've never been in a DCB. Guess I'll have to take a ride. However, I don't think any ride could justify me to spend that kind of money and not just go buy one of the big 3.
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default The Big "3"

    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #10
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Ok, but lets go back to my original observation - at 630k you are waaaaaaay to close to Skater/MTI/Nor-Tech pricing. Why wouldn't you just buy one of the big 3 so you're ready for both?




    Haha! "Monster porpoise"? No big cat of the big 3 I've ever been on showed any sign of porpoise. But you're right, I've never been in a DCB. Guess I'll have to take a ride. However, I don't think any ride could justify me to spend that kind of money and not just go buy one of the big 3.

    There is a 30 spectre"im guessing" that rocks like that fron 60 to 120plus and 32 skater and they also would make me sick... Just watching them amazes me how people can stand it... For the ocean yes those would be the choices
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #11
    RvRrat
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post


    Wait, clearify. If you had the money you'd buy one too (as well as a skater/MTI/Nor-Tech)? Or if you had 700k to spend you'd pick a DCB first. Please explain why if it's the latter.
    1. I don't do big blue (unless I'm in a 100' fishing boat )
    2. I doubt I'd ever go larger than 30-32. I don't want to round up a crew to go boating.
    3. That pretty much eliminates Nor-Tech & MTI
    4. Some of the newer larger Skaters I've seen are awesome. But I don't care for their smaller boats much.
    5. The M31 is 10' wide

    Now when that day comes, and it will come, I might check out the 28' Eliminator Speedster. Might...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    So.Cal
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I always wanted to know what DCB racing is? I think DCB's are just beautiful boats, that I'll never be able to afford, but having a freind who raced off-shore in the old Modified cat class in APBA, I've been to many races and never seen any. Do they have a race team?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #13
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    I don't know how else to put it. Those three manufacturers are the biggest in cat sales...PERIOD. They are also the three most debated boats to buy when someone is seriously considering an offshore performance cat purchase. Yea, you'll get those that opt for an OL but they don't sell the amount of cats as these three do.

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy
    There is a 30 spectre"im guessing" that rocks like that fron 60 to 120plus and 32 skater and they also would make me sick... Just watching them amazes me how people can stand it... For the ocean yes those would be the choices
    I've been in a few Spectres (in the ocean and in the lakes) and I would definately buy one in a heart beat. Besides the fact they handled great and ran fast, they were priced bellow any comparable boat. Never been in a 30 Spectre though.

    Never been in a 32' Skater either. But then again, I've never heard ANYONE say a Skater Porpoises.

    There's always driver error to contend with. I can make ANY boat porpoise bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by RvRrat
    1. I don't do big blue (unless I'm in a 100' fishing boat )
    2. I doubt I'd ever go larger than 30-32. I don't want to round up a crew to go boating.
    3. That pretty much eliminates Nor-Tech & MTI
    4. Some of the newer larger Skaters I've seen are awesome. But I don't care for their smaller boats much.
    5. The M31 is 10' wide

    Now when that day comes, and it will come, I might check out the 28' Eliminator Speedster. Might...
    Alright, I feel ya. Of course now we're talking apples to oranges. I'm trying to keep it apples to apples. You're asking 630k for a boat... that is in big boy/baller territory. I don't personaly see the justification when you're limiting your boating (and ride quality with a center pod).

    I would have to definately look at Eliminator or Spectre and save a few hundred thousand if I was talking about a lake only boat in the 30' range though. Run it by the bling shop and pimp my ride.
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #14
    Lord of the Drinks Havasu Hangin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    273.36 Miles from Havasu
    Posts
    2,352

    Thumbs up 2009 32 Skater- $360K

    Quote Originally Posted by RvRrat View Post
    2. I doubt I'd ever go larger than 30-32. I don't want to round up a crew to go boating.



    Last edited by Havasu Hangin; 06-23-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    "Warming the globe...16 cylinders at a time."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Perhaps I'm gay...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95