Droop Snoot
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
Droop Snoot

  1. #1
    Member sparks66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default Droop Snoot

    Lookin for an extra long droop snoot, anyone have one they want to sell or an idea where to find one.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    corona calif
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Droop Snoot

    Haven't seen one of those for a long time, you might consider a std droop with a 2 or 3 inch spacer. These parts are readily availability, not sure what you are trying to do.

  4. #3
    Member 08VMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    66

    Default

    He's trying to make sure he can stay in front of me when I get my v-drive ready. Haha,I think it'll be a while before he has to worry that!!!

    The Berkley part number he's looking for is H2646.

    The regular snoot with spacers that you're talking about, will it be the same as the H2646? I guess what I mean is if you put a H2646 side by side with a regular snoot and spacer bolted together on the bench will they have the same silhouette? I'm not if I'm making any sense... Let me know....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member sparks66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 08VMax View Post
    He's trying to make sure he can stay in front of me when I get my v-drive ready. Haha,I think it'll be a while before he has to worry that!!!

    The Berkley part number he's looking for is H2646.

    The regular snoot with spacers that you're talking about, will it be the same as the H2646? I guess what I mean is if you put a H2646 side by side with a regular snoot and spacer bolted together on the bench will they have the same silhouette? I'm not if I'm making any sense... Let me know....
    Hope u like jet spray max! haha good question, is it possible to imitate the the long snoot using spacers, would i have to use a wedge how would i get the same amount of drop or close to.

  7. #5
    Member 08VMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Just don't sink my boat with the place diverter!!

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    corona calif
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Droop

    Why the long droop?

  9. #7
    Member sparks66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I am runnin a 79 sanger super jet, was told by an old timer that in his experience with his super jet the long snoot seemed to work best. I currently have no droop snoot just a diverter, ford 550 stroker and a berk jg pump, it gpsd at 80. lookin to pick up some speed. Also lookin into a new loader, longer ride plate when i decide on the snoot. Have any experience or suggestions.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    corona calif
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Droop Snoot

    I just finished 2 Sanger super jets that are running over 90 mph and have a standard droop with a Place Diverter. I see no reason to run the extra long droop because we have had no problem getting the boat to run free and loose! These boats were all standard layup probably 600 to 700 lbs.

  11. #9
    Member sparks66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Did u run a standard berk droop or another whats the drop any nozzle diameter changes. I have heard alot of back and forth about the vertical vs the horizontal vein in a droop, even a few guys cutting it out completely. Do u recomend one over the other, does it make a difference, if so how/ why. Thanks

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    corona calif
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Droop Snoot

    Quote Originally Posted by sparks66 View Post
    Did u run a standard berk droop or another whats the drop any nozzle diameter changes. I have heard alot of back and forth about the vertical vs the horizontal vein in a droop, even a few guys cutting it out completely. Do u recomend one over the other, does it make a difference, if so how/ why. Thanks
    Back in the days Berkeley ran a horizontal divider that we would modify. Did we see a difference ,NO. Then I beleive Dominator came out with a vertical divider, Did we see a difference,NO. Now all of the droops that are available the divider has been eliminated. I was told by some of the engineers at Berkeley that the divider was there was to straighten the water. With todays data systems it would be a good test to evaluate the the 3 styles of droops but at this time I know of no one who has tested or plans to test these droops. Best starting nozzle size to start with would be a 3.125 and work from there.

  13. #11
    Senior Member SuperJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    661 So. Cal.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Ok tome for me to get into this one. I also have a SuperJet, and this winter will be having Jim Brock rebuild and detail my pump. my boat rides wet but not as bad as most. My question is for the money what would you recomend, the standard berkley droop or the place diverter HPH mini droop? Or is this going to be one of those trial and error things?
    Quote Originally Posted by cordog009 View Post
    Nitrous is like a really hot chick with an STD...you know you wanna hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    corona calif
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Droop Snoot

    Depending on the power. If you have big power the Place hp droop would be my first choice if the power is moderate power the std droop would be my choice. The lower the thrust line the more lift you will generate. Less boat in the water and still maintain a good load to the pump the faster you will go!

  15. #13
    Senior Member SuperJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    661 So. Cal.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg shoemaker View Post
    Depending on the power. If you have big power the Place hp droop would be my first choice if the power is moderate power the std droop would be my choice. The lower the thrust line the more lift you will generate. Less boat in the water and still maintain a good load to the pump the faster you will go!

    Thankyou... The boat has a stock 460 ford with pump work so no big hp and don't plan on it for a while for money/ reliability reasons and was just wondering what my best option was. Thanks again

    SJ
    Quote Originally Posted by cordog009 View Post
    Nitrous is like a really hot chick with an STD...you know you wanna hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

  16. #14
    Member sparks66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    how can I tell if my sanger super jet is a full stringer hull. It has a full floor. Were most super jets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95