Water to headers
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
Water to headers

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219

    Default Water to headers

    Would like to run water to headers, need some information where is the best place to pick up the water. At one time the headers had water run to them but when I bought the boat I got the lines but they were not hooked up. It looked like they were run to the front of the motor, at the floor there is a T that runs water to the front of the motor. Would it be best to run a T off each of these lines? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Header Water

    Bassett makes a tee you can install that has a spring and a chk. ball in it so you don't put to much water to the headers, you would tie it into your leaving water with a ball valve in front of it to help adjust the flow and volume of water to your headers.. Note be careful if your Cam does not have alot of overlap. You need to be very careful not to have alot of water in the headers at Idle as it will get sucked in the exhaust port and cause damage to the engine..Hope this helps..

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmaxum View Post
    Would like to run water to headers, need some information where is the best place to pick up the water. At one time the headers had water run to them but when I bought the boat I got the lines but they were not hooked up. It looked like they were run to the front of the motor, at the floor there is a T that runs water to the front of the motor. Would it be best to run a T off each of these lines? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
    There are multiple methods of simple plumbing for your headers the very simplest is on our site as well as otheres here , the easiest is to take engine water from the "divider T" (similar to a thermostat housing) , typically these have two outlets , one would go to your "bassett/rewarder T" the second would go to an overboard "dump line", we like to plumb a control (lever ball valve) between the divider and the T valve to control water flow attached is a link to a basic diagram feel free to call for plumbing help Tom
    header install help .... Jet Boat Performance, Jet Boat FAQs diagrams, Impeller charts,

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Mojave85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    There are multiple methods of simple plumbing for your headers the very simplest is on our site as well as otheres here , the easiest is to take engine water from the "divider T" (similar to a thermostat housing) , typically these have two outlets , one would go to your "bassett/rewarder T" the second would go to an overboard "dump line", we like to plumb a control (lever ball valve) between the divider and the T valve to control water flow attached is a link to a basic diagram feel free to call for plumbing help Tom
    header install help .... Jet Boat Performance, Jet Boat FAQs diagrams, Impeller charts,
    So I am confused. Does the gate valve go in the dump line overboard or in the line to the headers from the bassett t?

  7. #5
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave85 View Post
    So I am confused. Does the gate valve go in the dump line overboard or in the line to the headers from the bassett t?
    Some run gate valves , after the jet output, before the T valve and at the dumpline to gain max control Tom

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219

    Default T stainless control valve

    Where can I buy T stainless control valve?

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmaxum View Post
    Where can I buy T stainless control valve?
    You can get it from Tom at JBP. You can get a Gate Valve that goes at the pump at your Hardware store. Gate is better than ball valve to use.

  10. #8
    Senior Member SHAWN DAVIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    640

    Default

    I have a basset t with a new spring and check ball, 50.00 will buy it if interested,

  11. #9
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Blue View Post
    . Gate is better than ball valve to use.
    why?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95