anyone running a d impeller
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
anyone running a d impeller

  1. #1
    Senior Member speedealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,N.M.
    Posts
    234

    Default anyone running a d impeller

    i'm running a raceprepped mpd C imp. thinking about trying a D, any negative thoughts about running that small of an imp.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Pretty hard to give an answer without any information about what your current stats are and where you want to go from here.??????????????????????????

  4. #3
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Ran some really small c cuts last year with good results. What are you thinking about cutting it to. Angles and OD?

    Chris
    B1Racing.net

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member speedealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,N.M.
    Posts
    234

    Default

    yeah i figured i should have given info. its a 18ft 300lb earl smith tunnel with an alum 500ci makes [email protected] . boat runs 6400, eng makes [email protected] 6400. looking for as much rpm gain as possible and load the pump.

  7. #5
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Thanks, yes it should help if you start moving towards a properly prepaired D. If you are running Jack's pump and set up. I'd suggest that you ask him.

    Duane HTP
    Last edited by DuaneHTP; 04-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member PCE680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manhattan Beach,CA / LHC,AZ
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedealer View Post
    yeah i figured i should have given info. its a 18ft 300lb earl smith tunnel with an alum 500ci makes [email protected] . boat runs 6400, eng makes [email protected] 6400. looking for as much rpm gain as possible and load the pump.
    I would run a gear box with a A impeller.Casale or Owens box.

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedealer View Post
    yeah i figured i should have given info. its a 18ft 300lb earl smith tunnel with an alum 500ci makes [email protected] . boat runs 6400, eng makes [email protected] 6400. looking for as much rpm gain as possible and load the pump.
    not picking, but why would you make a motor like that for a jetboat? That RPM really doesnt make sense in a todays kinda jetboat with the technology available. Running a D is really not a good suggestion of any kind unless you can find a gearbox like mentioned to help that motor. Just sayin.

  10. #8
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    My answer to your question remains the same. But I agree with the above posts of the gear box and other ways to make that motor more usable.
    Duane HTP

  11. #9
    Senior Member speedealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,N.M.
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritof76Cobra View Post
    not picking, but why would you make a motor like that for a jetboat? That RPM really doesnt make sense in a todays kinda jetboat with the technology available. Running a D is really not a good suggestion of any kind unless you can find a gearbox like mentioned to help that motor. Just sayin.
    it started out to be a 565. ended up using the short block for another project. I do have access to 2 underdrives an 17% and a 25% and may try it later.

  12. #10
    Senior Member speedealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,N.M.
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cs19 View Post
    Ran some really small c cuts last year with good results. What are you thinking about cutting it to. Angles and OD?

    Chris
    i havn't given any thoughts to imp cut yet. was just thinking about making a change to see what would happen. a imp change would be cheaper than a eng or underdrive. i added a 300 shot to it for this year if the boat doesn't sell. I've also have the data sys finished so i should have better info to tune with. whats your thought on removing the preloader?

  13. #11
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedealer View Post
    i havn't given any thoughts to imp cut yet. was just thinking about making a change to see what would happen. a imp change would be cheaper than a eng or underdrive. i added a 300 shot to it for this year if the boat doesn't sell. I've also have the data sys finished so i should have better info to tune with. whats your thought on removing the preloader?
    Removing the inducer will have no effect on the rpm you operate at. We have inducers in everything these days and we really can't get by without them in a race application, the dps was some times a crap shoot but the latest design is always a good thing from what we have seen.

    With a cut as small as your talking you will want the inducer.

    I don't have my impeller charts in front of me and won't be back in the shop till Tuesday but I'm thinking your going to have a hard time getting that engine to get into its sweet spot without a gear box. I'd have to look at my charts to be sure.
    Last edited by cs19; 04-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    B1Racing.net

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95