few new guy questions about shoes and plates
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
few new guy questions about shoes and plates

  1. #1
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default few new guy questions about shoes and plates

    when the intake is pulled and machined for these things, is it a per specific shoe and plate or is the actual mounts on all shoes and plates in a standard hole placing and you can purchase what ever brand you would like


    reason i ask is i was thinking about doing the work this upcoming winter but may be out the funds to purchase the shoe and plate at that time. my thoughts are if the intake is machined i could bolt a plate under the boat to take the space removed until i could afford a quality set from someone. would this work or am i misunderstanding a few things?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    ATM
    ATM is offline
    Amerian Turbine Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clarkston, WA.
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    when the intake is pulled and machined for these things, is it a per specific shoe and plate or is the actual mounts on all shoes and plates in a standard hole placing and you can purchase what ever brand you would like


    reason i ask is i was thinking about doing the work this upcoming winter but may be out the funds to purchase the shoe and plate at that time. my thoughts are if the intake is machined i could bolt a plate under the boat to take the space removed until i could afford a quality set from someone. would this work or am i misunderstanding a few things?
    We can send you machine drawing for the intake so you can buy an "off the shelf" shoe when you get ready.
    Ron

    One less DEALER means more DISCOUNT for you

  4. #3
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    when the intake is pulled and machined for these things, is it a per specific shoe and plate or is the actual mounts on all shoes and plates in a standard hole placing and you can purchase what ever brand you would like


    reason i ask is i was thinking about doing the work this upcoming winter but may be out the funds to purchase the shoe and plate at that time. my thoughts are if the intake is machined i could bolt a plate under the boat to take the space removed until i could afford a quality set from someone. would this work or am i misunderstanding a few things?
    there are several different patterns out there. if everybody had the same pattern, it would be nice. but they don't... where are you located, generally???

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    east mesa AZ between saguaro and canyon lake

  7. #5
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    east mesa AZ between saguaro and canyon lake
    well hell, you should go to firebird racewayt this weekend...

  8. #6
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    whats going on there? is it lake or track event?

  9. #7
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    whats going on there? is it lake or track event?
    lake. http://www.performanceboats.com/ariz...may-4-5-a.html

    c'mon out. lot's of question answerers out there... .

  10. #8
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    i read the whole link you sent. also i checked the firebird calendar. there is no mention of an event or specifics. where should i look for times and info?

  11. #9
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    i read the whole link you sent. also i checked the firebird calendar. there is no mention of an event or specifics. where should i look for times and info?
    Home - adbaracing

    you won't see it advertised on the firebird calender.

    it's a dragboat race. all day saturday, probably finish up around 3-3:30 sunday. you can park outside gate 2 and walk in.

  12. #10
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    this looks exciting. being new to the whole boat scene, what day would be best to spectate on? i know about offroad racing and track racing as far as excitement but im a nOOb at boats.

  13. #11
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    this looks exciting. being new to the whole boat scene, what day would be best to spectate on? i know about offroad racing and track racing as far as excitement but im a nOOb at boats.
    both days are good. saturday will run a little longer than sunday.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95