Questions just in wonder
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 21

Thread:
Questions just in wonder

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    419

    Default Questions just in wonder

    Board seems slow so I am just wondering:

    River at the Dock How Much is Gas Now!

    Who:
    Is holding Off due to Fuel.

    Who:
    Put in a Bigger Impeller for fuel savings

    Who: Is just saying screw it anyway, and not changing anything.

    Who: Put the new Gas Saving Tires ABC-TV is pushing on there Boats.

    Is it still one of the cheaper vacations for Family and Friends.

    Is it easy to get a Slip @ Kathrines Landing this Year.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Constant840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yucaipa, Ca
    Posts
    911

    Default

    $5.20 for 91 on the water. I put just shy of $250 in the boat this past weekend.

    The only thing that changed was I fired my gardner.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Constant840 View Post
    $5.20 for 91 on the water. I put just shy of $250 in the boat this past weekend.

    The only thing that changed was I fired my gardner.
    That's Great Rebel thinking- Got the Will find the Way! Was He Legal, I mean did you pay the Big Bucks or did he just drag everyone else bermuda over on to your yard also.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Well what i am doing this season is always trying too have a full boat so we can all split the gas. My boat is not that bad but it cost me $100 too fill two 15 gallon tanks. So, the more people too split the cost the better. We are also not going in June and waiting for July.

    Mike

  7. #5
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    I am not from your part of the country but gas hear is 3.55 to 3.85 a gallon and I am going to burn the shat out of it this summer!! First time back on the lake in 6 years and gonna make the best of it!! WT

    Coby

  8. #6
    Senior Member Constant840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yucaipa, Ca
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That's Great Rebel thinking- Got the Will find the Way! Was He Legal, I mean did you pay the Big Bucks or did he just drag everyone else bermuda over on to your yard also.
    I doubt he was legal, but $80 a month is nothing to sneeze at an equals an extra fill up. He brings the dandelions, the bermuda creeps in from the neighbors yard.

  9. #7
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    I am not from your part of the country but gas hear is 3.55 to 3.85 a gallon and I am going to burn the shat out of it this summer!! First time back on the lake in 6 years and gonna make the best of it!! WT

    Coby
    $3.55

    $3.55, that was like a month ago!!!

    I just payed $3.89 this morning on my way to work!!!

    Gas prices can kiss my ass! I bought a boat, so they decided to go through the roof. Got too much time and money into it to sell it now, so I'm saying fuck it, and I'm going to run it. (when it gets done of course.)
    HJ

    ***FOR SALE*** 1978 19' Full Stringer Hawaiian Molokai Jet Boat w/ Berkeley 12JC-AB and Chevy 440 Tall Deck ***FOR SALE***

    Quote Originally Posted by mako shark mark View Post
    Oh yeah, Forgot to mention that the hull is a special mixture of speedcote, herculiner and rain-x, all blended together- good for another 8 mph top end.

  10. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    $4.09 a gallon for 87 octane this morning. Gas prices for the motorhome and boat killed my Memorial Day weekend vacation this year, with the crap economy, slow work, and high gas prices we had to stay home. Just as well, took the boat out on Monday to El Cap and an hour and a half later it was running like sh!t anyway.

  11. #9
    northern member Canuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nechako
    Posts
    602

    Default

    $1.33 a litre here for 87 x 4 = $ 5.32 for a US gal. and our dollar is right around par with you guys lately. ssoooo i'd say were really getting focked!!! there is less boats on the river this year and we haven't been out much but it's still early and been busy with other things . pops , anything new happening ? i did a slight cut on the front side of one of the last bronze impeller's you sent and am really happy with what it's doing , gives a wider range with a real nice pull i will send you a pm

  12. #10
    Crazy Eights Brad @ SCJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    i paid $4.95 at the marina in havasu for 91

    yeah, the gas prices suck, but when you put it into perspective, its not THAT bad.

    $1 increase for 30 gallons is only $30 more. ....$30/$60/$90 shouldnt make or break your trip.

    I went through about 45 gallons in the boat and about 40 gallons in the truck

    with the gas prices the way they are compaired to last years prices, i maybe spent an extra $100-$125.

    my logic might be off, but it helps from keeping my asshole puckering at the pump.

  13. #11
    Senior Member TahitiRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I decided to leave the 350 olds in alittle longer and not to put the 454 in yet also dont go out much and when we do I dont run hard

  14. #12
    Senior Member Constant840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yucaipa, Ca
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad @ SCJB View Post
    i paid $4.95 at the marina in havasu for 91

    yeah, the gas prices suck, but when you put it into perspective, its not THAT bad.

    $1 increase for 30 gallons is only $30 more. ....$30/$60/$90 shouldnt make or break your trip.

    I went through about 45 gallons in the boat and about 40 gallons in the truck

    with the gas prices the way they are compaired to last years prices, i maybe spent an extra $100-$125.

    my logic might be off, but it helps from keeping my asshole puckering at the pump.
    Thats kind of how I try to see it. Sure it is expensive, but in perspective it could be worse.
    I mean what if the price of beer went up a few dollars a case!

  15. #13
    lol, right..... Devilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Constant840 View Post
    Thats kind of how I try to see it. Sure it is expensive, but in perspective it could be worse.
    I mean what if the price of beer went up a few dollars a case!
    I'd bitch about it to myself momentarily, then reach in the cooler & grab another case. That way I figure I'll be money ahead in case they bump the price again, lol.....

  16. #14
    Crazy Eights Brad @ SCJB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilman View Post
    I'd bitch about it to myself momentarily, then reach in the cooler & grab another case. That way I figure I'll be money ahead in case they bump the price again, lol.....
    I think youre onto something here.

    which has longer shelf life? beer or gas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95