Engine placement in a TX19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 85

Thread:
Engine placement in a TX19

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default Engine placement in a TX19

    Boat seams real wet after talking to several folks, some previous owners too, it seems it's still kinda still in the air, where I should place my motor in my Tx19, some say its a matter of personnel preference? boat weighs around 420 and I make right at 750hp na, plus a 300 shot. It has a AB stainless with inducer, loader and all the performance norms. I Think it has 2 degree wedge now but not for sure? No diverter....I could give a shit less about a gay ass rooster tail, it has a race nozzle on now, but I have a place diverter if necessary? So, 21 inches from transom or 26 is the big question? One of the reputable owners said in the pic below with him driving he said it needed more wedge! Motor is set at 26 inches from transom in all pics below. Boat ran 107-108 with a 555 and a 400 shot. At around 800ft mark is what I was told.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	166916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	166921  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 525SC777; 06-29-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 525SC777 View Post
    Boat seams real wet after talking to several folks, some previous owners too, it seems it's still kinda still in the air, where I should place my motor in my Tx19, some say its a matter of personnel preference? boat weighs around 420 and I make right at 750hp na, plus a 300 shot. It has a AB stainless with inducer, loader and all the performance norms. I Think it has 2 degree wedge now but not for sure? No diverter....I could give a shit less about a gay ass rooster tail, it has a race nozzle on now, but I have a place diverter if necessary? So, 21 inches from transom or 26 is the big question? One of the reputable owners said in the pic below with him driving he said it needed more wedge! Motor is set at 26 inches from transom in all pics below. Boat ran 107-108 with a 555 and a 400 shot. At around 800ft mark is what I was told.
    With 750 and a 400 shot you should be north of 108. I would say try this or that but what works for mine will not work for yours. My pump is all the way out the back. I would definately put more wedge and check the ride plate angle and nozzle angle. Do you have a backcut or tapered shoe? IMO the motor is too far forward.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Not sure difference in back cut or tapered shoe? Pump is set back,and ride plate is set at 4 degrees.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member lupo1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Im going through the same thing, when i got my boat"hotel whisky" from texas, now in S.D my motor was at 20" , well i did the pump and gained 4 mph but a big wheely out of the hole, so i moved the motor forward 3" and now it free spins the pump out of the hole. My shoe is a back cut with a tapper and my ride plate was set at 2.5* and i havent check the nozzel angle yet but to nite i pulled the loader and shoe and there are no shims and md my shoe is 1/16 below keel.im very interested to see more on this thread, post up tx-19 gurus

  7. #5
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 525SC777 View Post
    Not sure difference in back cut or tapered shoe? Pump is set back,and ride plate is set at 4 degrees.



    Tapered shoe on the left and Backcut on the right

  8. #6
    Senior Member lupo1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Had a few cocktail tonite please excuse me

  9. #7
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupo1904 View Post
    Im going through the same thing, when i got my boat"hotel whisky" from texas, now in S.D my motor was at 20" , well i did the pump and gained 4 mph but a big wheely out of the hole, so i moved the motor forward 3" and now it free spins the pump out of the hole. My shoe is a back cut with a tapper and my ride plate was set at 2.5* and i havent check the nozzel angle yet but to nite i pulled the loader and shoe and there are no shims and md my shoe is 1/16 below keel.im very interested to see more on this thread, post up tx-19 gurus
    Do you have an inducer? Is the impeller cut? How much does the boat weigh?

  10. #8
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Looks like it is riding wet. The back 2 corners should be out of the water, at 100mph way out of the water. The last picture looks better, but still needs to be more out. I would definitely put the place diverter on, probably the best thing money can buy for a jet. You can run a down stop and a up stop on a hyd. diverter. If your pushing the 100mph mark, at least look at a jet a way or a pop off, big money, but safety should always be considered. Jet a way will definitely move your engine forward. Mine is under a cover but will measure tomorrow.

  11. #9
    Senior Member lupo1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    yes i have an inducer and my impeller is a bronze B with some tunning done,my boat probly weighs 450lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Need4Speed77 View Post
    Do you have an inducer? Is the impeller cut? How much does the boat weigh?

  12. #10
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupo1904 View Post
    yes i have an inducer and my impeller is a bronze B with some tunning done,my boat probly weighs 450lbs
    You have the same issue I have with mine. Cant mash the gas all the way form the hit. Gotta roll it on or get a bigger impeller if you are that concerned about a hole shot. Or a launch control.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default

    What kind of mph and hp are you making? I just want an honest 100-105 mph boat with my set up. My set up is not as potent as previous owners!

  14. #12
    Glendale Arizona Squirtcha?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glendale Arizona
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Your TX-19 rides pretty flat like mine. My motor is 25" from the transom, but I'm running a jetaway and that's just where it ends up without a setback (intake in stock location). Often wondered how much difference it would make if I scooted it back the 7.25" that the jetaway takes up. Mine's not a race boat and I like having the jetaway so I'll never try it. Still wonder though.

    You've got a lot more hp than I do, but the rides look pretty similar. My boat weighs 500 lbs (if I take all my extra crap out of it) and running around 500 hp on the motor with a 200 shot.



    Last edited by Squirtcha?; 06-30-2012 at 01:51 PM.

  15. #13
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtcha? View Post
    Your TX-19 rides pretty flat like mine. My motor is 25" from the transom, but I'm running a jetaway and that's just where it ends up without a setback (intake in stock location). Often wondered how much difference it would make if I scooted it back the 7.25" that the jetaway takes up. Mine's not a race boat and I like having the jetaway so I'll never try it. Still wonder though.

    You've got a lot more hp than I do, but the rides look pretty similar. My boat weighs 500 lbs (if I take all my extra crap out of it) and running around 500 hp on the motor with a 200 shot.



    I think pushing the pump out and getting the motor further back would help you Dan. But can you justify the cost of doing it. What would you gain? I think you would pickup at least 5mph and the boat would ride more dry.

  16. #14
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 525SC777 View Post
    What kind of mph and hp are you making? I just want an honest 100-105 mph boat with my set up. My set up is not as potent as previous owners!
    750-800hp will get a 550lb 19 to 100 mph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95