diverter mods for racing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
diverter mods for racing

  1. #1
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default diverter mods for racing

    can somebody post some pics of the mods done to the place diverter nozzle when used for racing?

    I know you add a plate and drill some holes
    #55

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Pattymelt18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    You can drill out the 1/4" bolts and put 5/16 for the arm on adjustment. Seen those break off before

  4. #3
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymelt18 View Post
    You can drill out the 1/4" bolts and put 5/16 for the arm on adjustment. Seen those break off before
    me too. especially if you're using a stop on that arm...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    me too. especially if you're using a stop on that arm...
    What about adding a plate to the reverse chute and drilling holes on the side of the bucket?

    any pics of this?
    #55

  7. #5
    Senior Member Alter Ego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Arkansas
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    I did that to mine. Ours is mainly a lake boat so I need reverse, but it was a biatch to hold steady on the rope, and there was no nuetral. I had seen where someone simply welded their reverse chute closed on a race boat, so I made a plate that fits perfectly in the reverse chute that is flush with the bottum of the diverter, has an ear welded to either side that sticks up in there, drilled thru each so all I have to do is bolt it in for the track. I took a pc of 1, 1/4 tube and welded it to the reverse bucket, took a rotary file and opened up the face of the rev. Bucket so water will spray out to the side. So far it has worked perfectly at the track, and I still have reverse at the lake. This is the best pic I have right now, you can barely see the 1/4" holes drilled in the reverse chute. Hope that's what you were askin about!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120330-00601.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	168478  
    2011 Rouse Performance 19'

    WFL Crew

  8. #6
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    I did that to mine. Ours is mainly a lake boat so I need reverse, but it was a biatch to hold steady on the rope, and there was no nuetral. I had seen where someone simply welded their reverse chute closed on a race boat, so I made a plate that fits perfectly in the reverse chute that is flush with the bottum of the diverter, has an ear welded to either side that sticks up in there, drilled thru each so all I have to do is bolt it in for the track. I took a pc of 1, 1/4 tube and welded it to the reverse bucket, took a rotary file and opened up the face of the rev. Bucket so water will spray out to the side. So far it has worked perfectly at the track, and I still have reverse at the lake. This is the best pic I have right now, you can barely see the 1/4" holes drilled in the reverse chute. Hope that's what you were askin about!
    yes thats what I'm talking about, Ive seen some close up pics of them on this site but cant find them now, I was thinking the bucket just had some holes drilled into the side though
    #55

  9. #7
    Senior Member Alter Ego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Arkansas
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    I have seen what you are talking about. There will be four to five holes drilled into the side of the reverse bucket so that the water can spray out to the side. Not sure if they drill the nozzle as well, or if there is a gap big enuff where the water can escape the nozzle, and spray out the sides. That's why I did what I did....I knew it would work. And if its done by someone who can weld real well, or someone who has the patience to smooth the weld back off, it doesn't look bad.
    2011 Rouse Performance 19'

    WFL Crew

  10. #8
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    yes thats what I'm talking about, Ive seen some close up pics of them on this site but cant find them now, I was thinking the bucket just had some holes drilled into the side though
    Here's how mine is, works like a champ. removable if i ever need to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-09 22.21.20.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	168494

  11. #9
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Heres a mod we have made using a butt bucket and closing off the oem reverse chute/nozzle ride plate ....




  12. #10
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default confused here

    the first pictures look like it would eliminate the reverse, and toms pictures seem like it would make it more efficent. what exactly are we trying to do here (we-you, not we-with me, since i dont understand)

  13. #11
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $uperJoe View Post
    the first pictures look like it would eliminate the reverse, and toms pictures seem like it would make it more efficent. what exactly are we trying to do here (we-you, not we-with me, since i dont understand)

    When racing...you need the ability to sit in one place....while idling.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  14. #12
    Senior Member $uperJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    OOoohhhhHHH. that being said i see there is no need for reverse. its a pain in the control with the fine touch trying to keep the boat stationary on a lake. i could only imagine if there were multiple high performance things done to ones boat.

    so then maybe toms design points the water at the back of the boat for its own deflection. that would make more sense

  15. #13
    Senior Member speedealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,N.M.
    Posts
    234

    Default

    if you can make the sit still the way it is you really don,t need to change anything. know several boats that just use the the stock setup and do just fine. matter afact raced 21ft sleek and had no problem at the rope. hope your planning to join us at the butte this weekend. would love to see that beautiful boat of yours

  16. #14
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    With my PD set-up... drilled sides, and reverse chute blocked, I can make the boat change direction, ever so slightly to keep it pointed where I want. Best feature is no foreward movement, no hunting for neutral.
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95