What ever happened with the guy who was trying to run 150 mph with the PC tunnel?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
What ever happened with the guy who was trying to run 150 mph with the PC tunnel?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default What ever happened with the guy who was trying to run 150 mph with the PC tunnel?

    I've been away from jet boats for a few years, but a while back, there was a guy who was determined to run over 150 MPH with a PlaceCraft boat (no capsule), and an alcohol burning hemi if I remember correctly.

    I think the guy was retired USMC, and the boat was blue and white, with a Brad Anderson alcohol engine.

    People were trying to convince him to put a capsule on the boat, but he wanted to run 150 with an "open" jet boat.

    I'm just curious if he ever hit 150 mph, and if there are any videos.

    Steve M.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MANTECA
    Posts
    511

    Default mach 1 tunnel

    The guys name was william he did go 150 with a mach 1 tunnel. He had a brad anderson 557 on nitro. After he hit his goal he parted the boat out and is now into motorcycles. I never saw a video but there was a picture of the gps saying like 151 or 154. The boat was just in the boat spam section for 3500 i think. Slotracer bought the boat and is trying to sell it now.

  4. #3
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmugg View Post
    I've been away from jet boats for a few years, but a while back, there was a guy who was determined to run over 150 MPH with a PlaceCraft boat (no capsule), and an alcohol burning hemi if I remember correctly.

    I think the guy was retired USMC, and the boat was blue and white, with a Brad Anderson alcohol engine.

    People were trying to convince him to put a capsule on the boat, but he wanted to run 150 with an "open" jet boat.

    I'm just curious if he ever hit 150 mph, and if there are any videos.

    Steve M.
    steve, it wasn't a placecraft. it was a mach1...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Thanks for jogging my memory, yes indeed it was a Mach 1. I'm glad to hear that he hit his goal and didn't get kersploded in the process.

    Steve.

  7. #5
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    The guys name was william he did go 150 with a mach 1 tunnel. He had a brad anderson 557 on nitro. After he hit his goal he parted the boat out and is now into motorcycles. I never saw a video but there was a picture of the gps saying like 151 or 154. The boat was just in the boat spam section for 3500 i think. Slotracer bought the boat and is trying to sell it now.
    The boat now resides in So-Cal.
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  8. #6
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Ya Mean This one


  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Yep, that's the one. No expense was spared in the building of that boat. The quality shows through.

    With all the money spent on building the boat, and all the hours of planning, no video was shot of the boat actually running 150?

    Steve.

  10. #8
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmugg View Post
    Thanks for jogging my memory, yes indeed it was a Mach 1. I'm glad to hear that he hit his goal and didn't get kersploded in the process.

    Steve.
    you can read all about it here-
    Banderlog.com :: View topic - December 2005 BAE557's Mach 1

  11. #9
    Senior Member SBS933's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Socialist Republic of California / Parker Az.
    Posts
    975

    Default Mach 1

    Is this the Mach 1 from the shop that was in Ontario Ca. ? I remember hanging out there when my buddies dad worked there, the owner sold it and it folded about a year later. I spent the 70s at parker in their Mach 1

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95