Anyone runnin the Hi-Helix impeller.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 50

Thread:
Anyone runnin the Hi-Helix impeller.

  1. #1
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default Anyone runnin the Hi-Helix impeller.

    Any thoughts? I have to blame my gps #'s sunday on something, so before I go impellar hunting (for used) I wondered if the hi helix was worth the x-tra $. BTW I have an ab cut , and think it would run better with a "b". Not enougph difference to worry about?
    Another Hot Boat refugee
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    I am running one in my race boat, Jack @ MPD detailed this impeller. It is a B cut. I believe the HH impeller has a different pump curve compared to a American Turbine or Berkeley B. I would call Jack and ask him specifics.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    Any thoughts? I have to blame my gps #'s sunday on something, so before I go impellar hunting (for used) I wondered if the hi helix was worth the x-tra $. BTW I have an ab cut , and think it would run better with a "b". Not enougph difference to worry about?
    Give Duane at HTP a call. I believe he helped design the HH impeller. I'm sure he'll be able to tell you anything you want to know about them.
    HJ

    ***FOR SALE*** 1978 19' Full Stringer Hawaiian Molokai Jet Boat w/ Berkeley 12JC-AB and Chevy 440 Tall Deck ***FOR SALE***

    Quote Originally Posted by mako shark mark View Post
    Oh yeah, Forgot to mention that the hull is a special mixture of speedcote, herculiner and rain-x, all blended together- good for another 8 mph top end.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Although I have had no personal experience with the High Helix impeller what I have heard is that they are bitchen. I will be smoking through my pump this winter and it may be going in my pump.

    ~Brian
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #5
    Senior Member Mike D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim/Aha
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I am running one in my race boat, Jack @ MPD detailed this impeller. It is a B cut. I believe the HH impeller has a different pump curve compared to a American Turbine or Berkeley B. I would call Jack and ask him specifics.
    your running a HH impellar in your race boat right now?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #6
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    I'm running a Hi-Helix AA impellar and love it, but don't know enough about jets to give good info.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #7
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    your running a HH impellar in your race boat right now?
    yes.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    im running a 1970's berkley commercial ss impeller...it seems to work pretty good!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #9
    northern member Canuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nechako
    Posts
    602

    Thumbs up A3 power curve

    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Speed View Post
    I'm running a Hi-Helix AA impellar and love it, but don't know enough about jets to give good info.
    given that we've heard that would load harder than A3 Berk , how bout your max rpm , sounds like you've got a motor with some serious grunt !
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #10
    Senior Member Mike D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim/Aha
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Speed View Post
    I'm running a Hi-Helix AA impellar and love it, but don't know enough about jets to give good info.
    What RPMs are you turning
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #11
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Ive tested a few helix's. Im not convinced yet but I have not given up either. Planning on more testing soon.
    B1Racing.net
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #12
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What RPMs are you turning
    Turning 5800-5900 (853hp uncorrected @ 5800rpm) right now but need to check the tach tonight along with mapping the rest of my current set-up. That is with an inducer, Ultimate wear ring set at .024, stock 9 vane Aggressor bowl with stuffer (I think right at .040) and an American Turbine straight snoot with a 3.187 nozzle. Haven't checked intake pressure, that is on the list for tomorrow also.

    Damn work keeps getting in the way of my fun, but I am way ahead of last year as I didn't get it running until September!!!!
    Last edited by Warp Speed; 06-06-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #13
    smoknoldy smoknoldy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Needles, Ca
    Posts
    16

    Default American Turbine Hi Helix

    I'm running an American Turbine Hi Helix "B" cut without a pre loader. Very happy with the results so far. Sorry I can't give a straight performance improvement from a Berkley "A" to the AT "B" hi helix as I changed my Bowl and my Stuffer grate at the same time. But here's the improvement. Oh Dustin at AT said I would get close to gaining 300 rpm, I said I might get on the cam and do better! he he! Results 5450 Rpm on the Berkley "A"
    First hard pass on the American Turbine "B hi helix 6000 rpm. I thought that I couldn't be happier, then checked my rev limiter chip and replaced the 6200 chip with the 6400 chip. Second time out, actually was when the Budweiser Rd. Boys had there beginning of summer weekend She turned 6100 rpm.

    468" Oldsmopile for power

    smoknoldy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0102.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	10320  
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #14
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoknoldy View Post
    I'm running an American Turbine Hi Helix "B" cut without a pre loader. Very happy with the results so far. Sorry I can't give a straight performance improvement from a Berkley "A" to the AT "B" hi helix as I changed my Bowl and my Stuffer grate at the same time. But here's the improvement. Oh Dustin at AT said I would get close to gaining 300 rpm, I said I might get on the cam and do better! he he! Results 5450 Rpm on the Berkley "A"
    First hard pass on the American Turbine "B hi helix 6000 rpm. I thought that I couldn't be happier, then checked my rev limiter chip and replaced the 6200 chip with the 6400 chip. Second time out, actually was when the Budweiser Rd. Boys had there beginning of summer weekend She turned 6100 rpm.

    468" Oldsmopile for power

    smoknoldy
    sweet lookin' PC. looked to be running good that day. nice ta meet ya.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95