Life jacket certification ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 26

Thread:
Life jacket certification ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta TX
    Posts
    374

    Default Life jacket certification ?

    How often do you have to get a chute jacket recertified , or how long are they good for after the manufacture date ?
    Thanks Rick Moore

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    You dont NEED to have it recertified unless you are going to use it at a sanctioned race. I believe the certifications are good for three years.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Untamed 777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjet View Post
    How often do you have to get a chute jacket recertified , or how long are they good for after the manufacture date ?
    Thanks Rick Moore
    They need recertified every two years to race in a sanctioned event.
    Team Untamed 777 T/E

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    from the njba rulebook:

    "8. The manufacturer must certify all racing vests or jackets every two years."

    from the lucas rulebook:

    "All life jackets must be returned to an approved life jacket manufacturer for safety inspection and recertification/dating every two (2) years from date of manufacture for a parachute jacket and every three (3) years for a non-parachute jacket. The driver is responsible for ensuring that a new date tag was sewn into the jacket after recertification".

  7. #5
    Senior Member wizard612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Does that mean I can't dust off my 1977 Lifeline and throw my hat in the ring as a Rent-A-Driver? I guess I'm stuck with only using it on Halloween.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta TX
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    from the njba rulebook:

    "8. The manufacturer must certify all racing vests or jackets every two years."

    from the lucas rulebook:

    "All life jackets must be returned to an approved life jacket manufacturer for safety inspection and recertification/dating every two (2) years from date of manufacture for a parachute jacket and every three (3) years for a non-parachute jacket. The driver is responsible for ensuring that a new date tag was sewn into the jacket after recertification".
    Thanks

  9. #7
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    from the njba rulebook:

    "8. The manufacturer must certify all racing vests or jackets every two years."

    from the lucas rulebook:

    "All life jackets must be returned to an approved life jacket manufacturer for safety inspection and recertification/dating every two (2) years from date of manufacture for a parachute jacket and every three (3) years for a non-parachute jacket. The driver is responsible for ensuring that a new date tag was sewn into the jacket after recertification".
    I guess I got lucky at the finals. My jacket was last certified Oct 2010 which would technically not pass tech. Maybe since it was only a month past they let me slide.

  10. #8
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need4Speed77 View Post
    I guess I got lucky at the finals. My jacket was last certified Oct 2010 which would technically not pass tech. Maybe since it was only a month past they let me slide.
    chute or no chute? seen 'em let it go before when only a month or so past due. tech's decision. you had a 50-50 chance .

  11. #9
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard612 View Post
    Does that mean I can't dust off my 1977 Lifeline and throw my hat in the ring as a Rent-A-Driver? I guess I'm stuck with only using it on Halloween.
    you can always toss it in a box, send it to kent and let him dust it off...

  12. #10
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    chute or no chute? seen 'em let it go before when only a month or so past due. tech's decision. you had a 50-50 chance .
    Chute

  13. #11
    Led
    Led is offline
    Senior Member Led's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    my chute jacket has 08-11 on it, is that when i was certified last or expires..
    cant remember when I sent it in last.

  14. #12
    Ain't Right Racin piston in the wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sapulpa ok
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    my chute jacket has 08-11 on it, is that when i was certified last or expires..
    cant remember when I sent it in last.
    Your good till 8 0f 13 I think

  15. #13
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    my chute jacket has 08-11 on it, is that when i was certified last or expires..
    cant remember when I sent it in last.
    in addition to the date, there's printing on the tag (unless you got a fake tag). it says "date of certification".

  16. #14
    Led
    Led is offline
    Senior Member Led's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    after further inspection, yes the tag does say "date of certification"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95