wiring color code
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
wiring color code

  1. #1
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default wiring color code

    i know its on here somewhere does anyone have the color code to wire a boat? cannot find the one i printed out
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Boats N Hoes Brad22CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    i know its on here somewhere does anyone have the color code to wire a boat? cannot find the one i printed out
    We have some info on our site that should help you out. Look on the bottom right of the page http://www.cpperformance.com/Instructions/default.htm

    Good luck,
    Brad

  4. #3
    Senior Member watergun4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Visalia, California, United States
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    i know its on here somewhere does anyone have the color code to wire a boat? cannot find the one i printed out
    purple = eng
    black = ground
    gray = tach
    brown = sender
    green = lights
    Red = Hot( battery)
    shot me a email if that dont help ya, not sure what you are trying to wiring!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    A partial list.

    Standard Boat Wiring color Codes.


    Blk -Grounds-General
    Blk/Brn -Pump Grounds
    Blk/Red -Voltmeter Grounds
    Blk/Org -Isolated Accessory Grounds
    Blk/Blu -Lighting Grounds
    Blk/Gry -Nav Light Grounds
    Brown -Pumps-General, Bilge or Sump (Manually Switched)(Also alternator starter to Ign.)
    Brn/Red -Pumps, Bilge or Sump
    Brn/Org -Power feed to Auto Bilge Switches-Pumps, Fuel/Oil Tranfer or Priming
    Brn/Wht -trim pos sender
    Red - Battery Feeds Unprotected
    Red/Vio -Misc. Accy. Main Feed Protected (fused) from batt to trim panel.
    Pink -Fuel Sender
    Org/Blk -Audio System Feed
    Orange -Accessories common feed- Dist Panel to Acc switch-Anode Electrode-Mercathode
    Yel/Red -Start Solenoid(starting circut), Neutral Safety
    Yel/Org -Powered Ventilation, Fans
    Yellow -Bilge Blowers -(also alternator DC output)
    Grn/Red -Stop Solenoid/Kill Switch
    Green -Bonding
    Blu/Brn -Oil Temp Send
    Blu -Instrument & General Lighting
    Light Blue -Oil Pressure
    Vio -12v Ignition-Generator or Engine
    Gray -Navigation (running) Lights, Tach. Send
    Gry/Wht -Anchor Light
    Tan - Water Temp sender
    Pink -Fuel sender
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

  7. #5
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLowriderSS View Post
    A partial list.

    Standard Boat Wiring color Codes.


    Blk -Grounds-General
    Blk/Brn -Pump Grounds
    Blk/Red -Voltmeter Grounds
    Blk/Org -Isolated Accessory Grounds
    Blk/Blu -Lighting Grounds
    Blk/Gry -Nav Light Grounds
    Brown -Pumps-General, Bilge or Sump (Manually Switched)(Also alternator starter to Ign.)
    Brn/Red -Pumps, Bilge or Sump
    Brn/Org -Power feed to Auto Bilge Switches-Pumps, Fuel/Oil Tranfer or Priming
    Brn/Wht -trim pos sender
    Red - Battery Feeds Unprotected
    Red/Vio -Misc. Accy. Main Feed Protected (fused) from batt to trim panel.
    Pink -Fuel Sender
    Org/Blk -Audio System Feed
    Orange -Accessories common feed- Dist Panel to Acc switch-Anode Electrode-Mercathode
    Yel/Red -Start Solenoid(starting circut), Neutral Safety
    Yel/Org -Powered Ventilation, Fans
    Yellow -Bilge Blowers -(also alternator DC output)
    Grn/Red -Stop Solenoid/Kill Switch
    Green -Bonding
    Blu/Brn -Oil Temp Send
    Blu -Instrument & General Lighting
    Light Blue -Oil Pressure
    Vio -12v Ignition-Generator or Engine
    Gray -Navigation (running) Lights, Tach. Send
    Gry/Wht -Anchor Light
    Tan - Water Temp sender
    Pink -Fuel sender
    Where can you find the wire in #14 or #16 in the colors mentioned above? I can find red and black in #10.
    Wags

  8. #6
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLowriderSS View Post
    A partial list.

    Standard Boat Wiring color Codes.


    Blk -Grounds-General
    Blk/Brn -Pump Grounds
    Blk/Red -Voltmeter Grounds
    Blk/Org -Isolated Accessory Grounds
    Blk/Blu -Lighting Grounds
    Blk/Gry -Nav Light Grounds
    Brown -Pumps-General, Bilge or Sump (Manually Switched)(Also alternator starter to Ign.)
    Brn/Red -Pumps, Bilge or Sump
    Brn/Org -Power feed to Auto Bilge Switches-Pumps, Fuel/Oil Tranfer or Priming
    Brn/Wht -trim pos sender
    Red - Battery Feeds Unprotected
    Red/Vio -Misc. Accy. Main Feed Protected (fused) from batt to trim panel.
    Pink -Fuel Sender
    Org/Blk -Audio System Feed
    Orange -Accessories common feed- Dist Panel to Acc switch-Anode Electrode-Mercathode
    Yel/Red -Start Solenoid(starting circut), Neutral Safety
    Yel/Org -Powered Ventilation, Fans
    Yellow -Bilge Blowers -(also alternator DC output)
    Grn/Red -Stop Solenoid/Kill Switch
    Green -Bonding
    Blu/Brn -Oil Temp Send
    Blu -Instrument & General Lighting
    Light Blue -Oil Pressure
    Vio -12v Ignition-Generator or Engine
    Gray -Navigation (running) Lights, Tach. Send
    Gry/Wht -Anchor Light
    Tan - Water Temp sender
    Pink -Fuel sender
    dam i did not know ther were this many wires in a boat. i need just 7 just need to redo the outlaw. someone decieded to use white for ground and red for everything else
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  9. #7
    Cantard 71hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    snow bank
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    I just did mine and used 7 wire trailer wire. Its nice and sealed in a rubber sleve and has a big red and black in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    It would be a balmy 85* in Steel's shop if he would move a little faster

  10. #8
    Member TrynPas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Posts
    310

    Default

    There's a generac drawing that I got on the internet in my album, can't seem to get it posted but I'll try some more later. You can get most of those colors (maybe all) from JEG'S in both 14 and 16 gauge. I got mine from Ebay as a complete set of 16 colors in 30 foot rolls for like $65. I think I searched using 'auto wire'. Here's the company I got mine from (they also sell 14 gauge I think) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-Ga...spagenameZWDVW
    Last edited by TrynPas; 06-21-2008 at 07:04 AM.

  11. #9
    Member TrynPas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Not sure how to post the bmp file containing the schematic. If you can't read it from my album pm me and I'll email it to you or something (unless someone can tell me how to post it)

  12. #10
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 71hallett View Post
    I just did mine and used 7 wire trailer wire. Its nice and sealed in a rubber sleve and has a big red and black in it.
    fleetimus told me about this yesterday. going to check with napa today.
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  13. #11
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrynPas View Post
    There's a generac drawing that I got on the internet in my album, can't seem to get it posted but I'll try some more later. You can get most of those colors (maybe all) from JEG'S in both 14 and 16 gauge. I got mine from Ebay as a complete set of 16 colors in 30 foot rolls for like $65. I think I searched using 'auto wire'. Here's the company I got mine from (they also sell 14 gauge I think) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-Ga...spagenameZWDVW
    Great source. Thanks
    Wags

  14. #12
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    fleetimus told me about this yesterday. going to check with napa today.
    Find out just how many wires you can get this way. You might consider a hook up trailer wire with 2 or 3 more wires than you think you need just in case, down the road you need another wire or 2, it'll already be there for you to use.
    Wags

  15. #13
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrynPas View Post
    Not sure how to post the bmp file containing the schematic. If you can't read it from my album pm me and I'll email it to you or something (unless someone can tell me how to post it)
    If you want, you can send it to me and I'll post it up for you.
    Wags

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    546

    Default

    anybody give any thought to using uscg approved labeled wire for marine application,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95