Bahner help
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
Bahner help

  1. #1
    Senior Member johnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default Bahner help

    Looking to buy this 1982 Bahner, Guy said it was a old circle boat. Will it hold up? Be as durable as a heavy lake boat if I use it at the lake with alot of weight in it! Just wondering if the ice-chest will fall thru the thing if I hit a wake? Fiberglass transom. skinney stringers,can it handle it or is it more for one guy going fast? Thanks for any help.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member HBInHeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Alot of circle boats arent all that light. How heavy is it? I know most the 18 bahners ive seen on the river are on the light side anyways.

  4. #3
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HBInHeat View Post
    Alot of circle boats arent all that light. How heavy is it? I know most the 18 bahners ive seen on the river are on the light side anyways.
    Looks like someone installed a turning skag on the keel?
    Dont believe that bahners ever came with that stock?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member ocelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Wouldn't hurt to install a decent rail kit. imo I don't understand the pump brace with those wimpy mounts. Just stay off the deck, I see a support for the dash so its probably pretty thin. nice boat though run it

  7. #5
    Forester133 Forester133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Riverside ca.
    Posts
    219

    Default Bahner Boat

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    Looks like someone installed a turning skag on the keel?
    Dont believe that bahners ever came with that stock?
    My dad says this boat was built 1982 and was owned by Mike Sudwic from orange county, My dad was the one that Blue printed the bottom and the turning fins was built by Bob Johnson. the Boat had a 496 injected big block done by Glenn Ward. The boat ran 94 in circle hard ware! Boat also weighs 340#

  8. #6
    Senior Member johnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forester133 View Post
    My dad says this boat was built 1982 and was owned by Mike Sudwic from orange county, My dad was the one that Blue printed the bottom and the turning fins was built by Bob Johnson. the Boat had a 496 injected big block done by Glenn Ward. The boat ran 94 in circle hard ware! Boat also weighs 340#
    Sounds right the guy now put 700+ hp and said he ran 103 mph?? I'm going to put a 400 hp FORD should see 50 mph Thanks for the info!!!

  9. #7
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Sounds right the guy now put 700+ hp and said he ran 103 mph?? I'm going to put a 400 hp FORD should see 50 mph Thanks for the info!!!
    the 700+hp quote i say.....
    Give or take 7mph or so, mostly give. I know, I owned one with 800hp, it did 94.4

  10. #8
    Senior Member johnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Very true!! All my junk is always slower than most, My phone speedo is really good, maybe I need to ride with some fast boats!!! lol.

  11. #9
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Love my Bahners (past and present) my current runs hard and handles well, boats are rich "History" Good Luck ! Tom

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95