Droop snoot divider
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 32

Thread:
Droop snoot divider

  1. #1
    SLOW MEMBER slowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    470

    Default Droop snoot divider

    Inside my droop is a divider, looks like it must help straighten out the water flow.

    Keep it in, or cut it out?

    Thanks, Ryan
    WORK HARDER, MILLIONS ON WELFARE DEPEND ON YOU.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Super Moderator HammerDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast/SE-PA
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    If I recall correctly one or two of the Jet Pro's stated no real significant gains from the divider being horizontal, vertical, in or out.
    So with that said I left it in my Aggressor Droop.
    <img src=http://www.performanceboats.com/gallery/data/500/medium/06-30-11_1234.jpg border=0 alt= />

  4. #3
    Impeachment! 75 TX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Culver City, Ca
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    When MPD built my pump they removed the divider.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Sit N' Spin Jetaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Droppin' the kids off at the pool
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    As it was explained to me by Dave at Aggressor, the vertical divider is there to straighten out the water flow and help to prevent the water from going into a boil. It definitely doesn't hurt performance so I say definitely leave it in.



    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown
    Kendall L-427 Super Blu...extreme-pressure (ep) lithium complex keeps my thrusting balls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by back2k5 View Post
    Well I am putting in a nice stereo system in the Carrera...maybe Ill put on some rap and turn the scoop sideways

  7. #5
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetaholic View Post
    As it was explained to me by Dave at Aggressor, the vertical divider is there to straighten out the water flow and help to prevent the water from going into a boil. It definitely doesn't hurt performance so I say definitely leave it in.
    how do ya know?

  8. #6
    Sit N' Spin Jetaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Droppin' the kids off at the pool
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    how do ya know?
    On the Aggressor droop that divider has been milled out by several people who have ran it with the divider and not one of them noticed any measurable difference.



    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown
    Kendall L-427 Super Blu...extreme-pressure (ep) lithium complex keeps my thrusting balls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by back2k5 View Post
    Well I am putting in a nice stereo system in the Carrera...maybe Ill put on some rap and turn the scoop sideways

  9. #7
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    I bet cyclone knows a little I tried to get Tom and Josh to spill the beans on the last droop thread. Let's hear it with or with out. And if it's without how in the do ya do that? a grinder and 2 beers?
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  10. #8
    031 RIVER4FUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blythe, California, United States
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I cut mine out with a plasma cutter. Then some grinding & polishing.
    I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up!

  11. #9
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RIVER4FUN View Post
    I cut mine out with a plasma cutter. Then some grinding & polishing.
    cheater bet you didn't even cuss did ya

  12. #10
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    I bet cyclone knows a little I tried to get Tom and Josh to spill the beans on the last droop thread. Let's hear it with or with out. And if it's without how in the do ya do that? a grinder and 2 beers?
    Ha ha Kreg ,Josh cut his out of his "Classic" Berk and took the horizontal to vertical largely on the opinion of AT ,he reinstalled it for strength more than anything Grinder ,reconstrution and heli arc ...

  13. #11
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Ha ha Kreg ,Josh cut his out of his "Classic" Berk and took the horizontal to vertical largely on the opinion of AT ,he reinstalled it for strength more than anything Grinder ,reconstrution and heli arc ...
    i's diggin the reverse mods

  14. #12
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Tom I'll take 1 of those rev . buckets. Seriously.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  15. #13
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Thanks Kreg ,proud to tell you we have these again (Butt buckets) in stock and ready to ship ,clones of "Old school" Berk style R nozzels too Thanks Tom

    Thanks Tommy, thats my child genius at work , what you can't see is that the PD "ride plate portion" of the PD is filled and closed off as well
    Slow ,sorry for the thread jack !

  16. #14
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Thats a no brainer , sign me up!
    Another Hot Boat refugee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95