WTF is this?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
WTF is this?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremont,CA
    Posts
    129

    Default WTF is this?

    someone tell me WTF is this on the back of this jet boat. 2 like props in the air that looks like it runs off the motor dump water? What does it do?




    K-dog

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    BTC cardcarrying member sunkisst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chantilly Va.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    If I had to make a wild guess I would say they are designed for manuervering a boat at dockside speeds, or maybe if a guy wanted to go fishing...AKA electric trolling motor.

  4. #3
    Super Moderator HammerDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Right Coast/SE-PA
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    Yep, I've saw that advertised before in boating mags. (years ago)
    <img src=http://www.performanceboats.com/gallery/data/500/medium/06-30-11_1234.jpg border=0 alt= />

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    What the Hell is That? 72Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcsteck View Post
    someone tell me WTF is this on the back of this jet boat. 2 like props in the air that looks like it runs off the motor dump water? What does it do?




    K-dog
    LOL I was just looking at that today. According to the Ebay add It claims the guy designed it to be in really shallow water cause he was tired of sucking up weeds and junk.

    When I first saw them I though they were JATOS

  7. #5
    Laps Timed By Sundial halcyon days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    580

    Default

    geez, this boat, motor & trailer is freakin' CLEAN. if I owned this deal, the first thing I would REMOVE is...


  8. #6
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcsteck View Post
    someone tell me WTF is this on the back of this jet boat. 2 like props in the air that looks like it runs off the motor dump water? What does it do?




    K-dog
    Those are for Ford powered boats to get you back in when they blow up that boat must of had a ford at one time
    J/K

  9. #7
    Just Me snoc653's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    We discussed this boat and that drive the last time it was on FleaBay. Here is the thread. http://www.performanceboats.com//sho...hlight=snoc653

  10. #8
    Senior Member LicktySplitJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    343

    Default

    These were invented by a very close friend of mine and my soon to be uncle here in San Diego. They come in very handy with manuvering around docks, Fishers gas dock ect....Also if you get in somewhere shallow that you dont want to start your boat. These werent necessarily designed to be on high performance boats but more of the family cruiser that isnt necessarily looking to make 100 mph pass. They are controlled electrically through a knob on the dash. They designed their own circuitry to control them ect....You should have seen the first design..one single motor straight off the back of the reverse bucket, looked like the boat had a hard on My soon to be uncle had them on his 21ft warlock and still has them to this day. Used them lots of times to get back from the sandbar when its too dark to drive or when he ran out of gas.....But like everything these needed to be cost affective in order to sell them. But as a start up company working out of the garage its hard to be cost affective, design a new product and make a profit. Long story short both ran out of money and drive. This was featured in hot boat, I think they even approached Ultra to add as a package to the boats but again the price to make versus the price to sell just didnt work....Anyways, if you have any other questions let me know, im pretty familiar with the product.....I think they even still have about 50 of these things just collecting dust and im sure I could get anyone a great deal if they really wanted one

  11. #9
    Senior Member LicktySplitJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Ps that boat featured in this thread is also a friend of mine and you could not ask for a cleaner turn key boat. He is beyond anal with his things. If anyone is looking to buy a reliable clean jet boat I would highly recommend this one!!

  12. #10
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Very cool IMO

  13. #11
    Member TrynPas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LicktySplitJr View Post
    These were invented by a very close friend of mine and my soon to be uncle here in San Diego. They come in very handy with manuvering around docks, Fishers gas dock ect....Also if you get in somewhere shallow that you dont want to start your boat. These werent necessarily designed to be on high performance boats but more of the family cruiser that isnt necessarily looking to make 100 mph pass. They are controlled electrically through a knob on the dash. They designed their own circuitry to control them ect....You should have seen the first design..one single motor straight off the back of the reverse bucket, looked like the boat had a hard on My soon to be uncle had them on his 21ft warlock and still has them to this day. Used them lots of times to get back from the sandbar when its too dark to drive or when he ran out of gas.....But like everything these needed to be cost affective in order to sell them. But as a start up company working out of the garage its hard to be cost affective, design a new product and make a profit. Long story short both ran out of money and drive. This was featured in hot boat, I think they even approached Ultra to add as a package to the boats but again the price to make versus the price to sell just didnt work....Anyways, if you have any other questions let me know, im pretty familiar with the product.....I think they even still have about 50 of these things just collecting dust and im sure I could get anyone a great deal if they really wanted one
    Yeah this makes sense. I can see how handy it would be for that. How do you get them into position? Just flip them over? Also, they must lock somehow in position....both up and down?
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianJet View Post
    You done got my kentucky ass all confused!!!

  14. #12
    Senior Member OUTLAW HALLETT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHASTA LAKE CA.
    Posts
    210

    Default

    they appear to have a hydrolic ram on the other side of the nozzle that lifts and lowers them i think that is the most stupid thing ive ever seen lllllllllllllllll

  15. #13
    Senior Member LicktySplitJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrynPas View Post
    Yeah this makes sense. I can see how handy it would be for that. How do you get them into position? Just flip them over? Also, they must lock somehow in position....both up and down?
    They work off the same hydraulic system that runs your place diverter, you flip a switch and up down the same as a diverter. When your done using them you put them up and the hydraulic ram holds them up.

  16. #14
    Senior Member LicktySplitJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW HALLETT View Post
    they appear to have a hydrolic ram on the other side of the nozzle that lifts and lowers them i think that is the most stupid thing ive ever seen lllllllllllllllll
    Well thank you for your opinion, I will make sure to pass the word along to those who invented them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95