best low bugdet hull
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 21

Thread:
best low bugdet hull

  1. #1
    Baller on a Budget eggbeater is sweeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Nacimiento
    Posts
    168

    Default best low bugdet hull

    I have always been an outboard guy and love my mach 22 with the 300 promax but I've always wanted a jet boat to go hold to wood throwin a roost. It would be my second boat since my current boat is set up for everyday lake use. I would like to find one that needs some work but all the parts are there. And something that I have a decent platform to put big horsepower in down the line. I know a little bit about jets just from friends having em and seeing what they have done. I already know that I want a BBC and Berkeley pump preferably split bowl. But what are the best riding and strongest hulls to look for in the 18-19' low budget range

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,729

    Default

    Gullwings are good hulls and forgiving.get tired of it then move into tunnels

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  4. #3
    Senior Member 74Bonneville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Magic Mountain CA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater is sweeter View Post
    I have always been an outboard guy and love my mach 22 with the 300 promax but I've always wanted a jet boat to go hold to wood throwin a roost. It would be my second boat since my current boat is set up for everyday lake use. I would like to find one that needs some work but all the parts are there. And something that I have a decent platform to put big horsepower in down the line. I know a little bit about jets just from friends having em and seeing what they have done. I already know that I want a BBC and Berkeley pump preferably split bowl. But what are the best riding and strongest hulls to look for in the 18-19' low budget range
    Before you can choose your hull you're gonna have to get past the low budget part do to the fact you want to throw big HP to it. I like my Rogers and you could probably find something in the $5k to $6k range that will need some work. The plus here is they all have good bottoms.

    I've never seen a low budget gullwing, good hull though. Not sure about other hulls.


  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 74Bonneville View Post
    Before you can choose your hull you're gonna have to get past the low budget part do to the fact you want to throw big HP to it. I like my Rogers and you could probably find something in the $5k to $6k range that will need some work. The plus here is they all have good bottoms.

    I've never seen a low budget gullwing, good hull though. Not sure about other hulls.
    X2 Rogers, Southwind TD, both are good and relatively safe! For the price they can be had for.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Lildave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bauxite, AR
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Before anybody can help you, define "low budget" & "big hp". Seriously. To one guy that's $3500 and 500hp. To another it may be $35k and 1500hp.

  8. #6
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Bahner bubble decks 79-87 is a good starting point, quick boats that preform well with little hp.

  9. #7
    Baller on a Budget eggbeater is sweeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Nacimiento
    Posts
    168

    Default

    I'm thinking something under $5k to start. Someday build a motor with around 700hp hopefully get close to or right at 100mph. Just a fast and quick boat for racing at the river

  10. #8
    Senior Member almost busted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    206

    Default

    x3 on the rogers I love mine it handles great!! mine dont hit a 100 but it runs out pretty good at the top speed that will do anyway around 70mph. I thought I seen a bare rogers hull on here for sale not to long ago.

  11. #9
    Member CashLeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Now is that a craigs list 100 mph or a real 100 mph !!!!

  12. #10
    Senior Member riverrat4lfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hesperia CA
    Posts
    127

    Default

    A bare gullwing hull your looking at almost 10k people think there like gold or something

  13. #11
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat4lfe View Post
    A bare gullwing hull your looking at almost 10k people think there like gold or something
    Around here 10k gets a nice runnin gullwing or tx20.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  14. #12
    Senior Member tigertooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat4lfe View Post
    A bare gullwing hull your looking at almost 10k people think there like gold or something
    Sold my last bare gull wing on a single axle trailer for $400. It was a young blood and not a C.P. though.LOL

  15. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    67

    Default


  16. #14
    Senior Member andyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Winds
    Posts
    302

    Wink A Sleek?

    Don't count out a Sleekcraft tunnel! Rumor has it, a mildly built motor can get you to 80mph!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95