Eliminator Sprint
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread:
Eliminator Sprint

  1. #1
    Old Timer LeE ss13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Dimas CA
    Posts
    1,130

    Default Eliminator Sprint

    I am now involved in the restoration of an '84 Eliminator Sprint. I am supplying the engine and doing some of the rigging. Seems to be very light, maybe 550 lbs. I am told that they only built this version of the Sprint for 6 months in '84 but pulled it from production because it was fast but a little unstable at high speed. Does that sound right, or am I buying into an urban legend? Pics to follow. Thanks.
    I don't know what I don't know because I forgot !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Child View Post
    They all look alike upside down
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    A grace of the English language that you obtain simply supersedes all reasonable expectations.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Team CJ460 Just Electric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    granada hills
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    never heard of them unstable but been told due to the bottom they run hard to the 8th but tend to nose over a smidge.i still have the delta bottom on mine and have done a few things and got it to air out pretty good with some help and advice from many of the pros and few peeps here on the boards that ran delta bottom jets at the races

  4. #3
    Old Timer LeE ss13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Dimas CA
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Electric View Post
    never heard of them unstable but been told due to the bottom they run hard to the 8th but tend to nose over a smidge.i still have the delta bottom on mine and have done a few things and got it to air out pretty good with some help and advice from many of the pros and few peeps here on the boards that ran delta bottom jets at the races
    Delta Bottom, you say. Is one of the fix moving the pump back several inches? I have seen that before. While the boat is now stripped down, should I find a knowledgable glass man and have the bottom reworked? Thanks.
    I don't know what I don't know because I forgot !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Child View Post
    They all look alike upside down
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    A grace of the English language that you obtain simply supersedes all reasonable expectations.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member howler439's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    103

    Default

    On my "Howler" boat the clean out is 1/4" shy of clearing the transom. Its been 101 mph with a 10.34 et. I still have the cleanout inside the deep transom adapter , I have always wanted to do transom plates around the pump. Maybe I'll get that done this next makeover. Forgot to mention both of my Sprints are 1979 models , Howler was built with narrow stringers and setback pump. The work to it was done when it was built. The Jus Fun'n boat was built with thick stringers and standard pump location. Cheers Jim
    Last edited by howler439; 09-19-2013 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #5
    Team CJ460 Just Electric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    granada hills
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howler439 View Post
    On my "Howler" boat the clean out is 1/4" shy of clearing the transom. Its been 101 mph with a 10.34 et. I still have the cleanout inside the deep transom adapter , I have always wanted to do transom plates around the pump. Maybe I'll get that done this next makeover. Forgot to mention both of my Sprints are 1979 models , Howler was built with narrow stringers and setback pump. The work to it was done when it was built. The Jus Fun'n boat was built with thick stringers and standard pump location. Cheers Jim
    seen cool pics from the drags on your boat it rides nice did you do any bottom mods or left the pad on the race boat.id like to pic your brain too

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95