for those of you running nitrous
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
for those of you running nitrous

  1. #1
    Senior Member jet454boat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mesa az
    Posts
    541

    Default for those of you running nitrous

    for those of you running nitrous were did u mount your solenoids and the nitrous systems using the plates? pics would be appreciated

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jet454boat View Post
    for those of you running nitrous were did u mount your solenoids and the nitrous systems using the plates? pics would be appreciated
    not the best pic. i made my own brackets for the 1st stage, the 2nd stage holds itself up and is rock solid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0526[1].jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	19262  

  4. #3
    lol, right..... Devilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    not the best pic.
    No shit..... J/K



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Hey Devilman....
    somewhere on here, u had a better pic of ur boat?...it showed the motor alot better...my ?? is...where did u get ur headers coated & what kind of coating?

    FastRat

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jet454boat View Post
    for those of you running nitrous were did u mount your solenoids and the nitrous systems using the plates? pics would be appreciated
    they make a plate which mounts off to one side of the carb & holds the 2 solenoids...very clean...zinc plated...i found it on EBay

    FastRat

  8. #6
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I used one of these for my cable mounting, then drilled holes to mount my solenoids
    on the bottom side. Ill get a pic tonight


  9. #7
    lol, right..... Devilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FastRat View Post
    Hey Devilman....
    somewhere on here, u had a better pic of ur boat?...it showed the motor alot better...my ?? is...where did u get ur headers coated & what kind of coating?

    FastRat
    Couldn't have been me, dude.... My headers are still original Bassett chrome, with the mandatory rust between the tubes, lol.... Must have been a pic of a friend's boat I posted or something. Not even real sure about that because out of everybody we run with down here, only one guy I know has a set of coated headers, Oldbuck40. He has them on a black & orange Taylor SJ with a blown Chevy in it....

    Sorry about that....

    Do you rememeber if they were upswept headers? It may have been a pic of Tom's/IMPATIENT1's TX that I posted. His headers are coated I believe, not sure where he head them done though...

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilman View Post
    Couldn't have been me, dude.... My headers are still original Bassett chrome, with the mandatory rust between the tubes, lol.... Must have been a pic of a friend's boat I posted or something. Not even real sure about that because out of everybody we run with down here, only one guy I know has a set of coated headers, Oldbuck40. He has them on a black & orange Taylor SJ with a blown Chevy in it....

    Sorry about that....

    Do you rememeber if they were upswept headers? It may have been a pic of Tom's/IMPATIENT1's TX that I posted. His headers are coated I believe, not sure where he head them done though...
    if i remember rite, the headers were on a blown SBC & the pic showed the boat from the back...they looked just like urs...i cant remember the thread i seen the boat on

    FastRat

  11. #9
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FastRat View Post
    if i remember rite, the headers were on a blown SBC & the pic showed the boat from the back...they looked just like urs...i cant remember the thread i seen the boat on

    FastRat
    i remember the boat you're talking about , it was a 17ft cobra if i remember it right. the boat was black wasn't it? had a nice clean lil blown sbc in it. do believe i saw it in the jetboats pics sticky up top.

  12. #10
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    here is what I did.
    Last edited by Outlaw; 09-11-2008 at 06:34 AM.

  13. #11
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Right on the lines, 6" from the plate, as the Sniper setup instructed to. No pix, sorry.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95