So i decide i'm going to remove the bump rail since i'm going to gel/paint this thing sooner or later. I start drilling out the rivits and i start to notice somthing... Can anybody tell what it is?
Look it's like a bug, i got a trunk... in the front!
Well it turns out the f'ing top of the boat was held on by rivits and they used double sided foam take to keep the water out... Actually this is a good thing becuase the top came right off and it's going to make it a hell of alot easier to work on. The hull is pretty thin, i'm pretty sure i'm going to lay some glass to thicken it up a bit. The side of the boat i can flex/move in and out, it's pretty flimsy. ALso this will make it alot easier for me to replace the wood, and to lay full stringers. Oh and sorry guys but my plans changed alittle.... I'm thinking this boats going to become a v-drive... I just dont have the room for the motor and pump.
I started cuttin out the bulk heads.. First ones out.
I got a couple guys over on the v-drive section who have some older v-drive units that they are selling pretty cheap. None have shown me any pics yet though