mph question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 22

Thread:
mph question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default mph question

    I know there are plenty of factors that determines what the outcome could be but i was wondering if anyone could throw me a ball park figure.
    I've got a 17' check mate.
    Stock Berkeley 12jg
    and a 455 Olds rocket out of a 70 Olds 442.
    Edelbrock performer rpm
    quick fuel 750 carb
    msd ignition.

    Just wondering what I might expect out of it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    55-60

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    55-60
    X's 2 on 50/60 , dont GPS it it may be discouraging , just feel the wind in your face and dream your going 80

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    X's 2 on 50/60 , dont GPS it it may be discouraging , just feel the wind in your face and dream your going 80
    LOL..... Thats phucked up! But funny.

  7. #5
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PS&B1 View Post
    LOL..... Thats phucked up! But funny.
    reading this and was recalling a lot of years ago when my wife and son bought me my first GPS , was the size of the first cell phones (looked like a walkie talkie) anyhow took my Schiada flatty out for a pre sundown blast and .... found it went a neck snapping 56 mph always thought it was an 80 mph deal sure felt like it anyhow was so depressed I couldn't eat BBQ

  8. #6
    64kfordan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    too funny... I dream I'm going 80 every time I'm out there. I know I'm barely hitting 60!!! sure is fun though. I can imagine being a rider in a crakerbox..no control. Still, kick a*s ride. and those go an honest 90....

  9. #7
    Blown, OHBA Member Wild Hair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee Okla.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default


    WARNING


    Do not throw any money into go fast parts. The first 5 mph gain leads to a compulsive disorder that drains the bank account, leads to long sleepless nights in the shop, pissed off wives, and alcoholism. There is no known cure for this ailment. You will be doomed to a life with some of the best folks you will ever meet with the same disorder. They will help you justify every dollar you spend on beer and go fast parts. I don't care who you are you just can't buy friendship like that.
    OHBA GROWTH THROUGH PARTICIPATION
    Built Cheyenne Tuff, With Chevy Stuff.
    well the block is GM any ways


    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP HER SAFE

    LOCK N LOAD AMERICA, OUR 2nd AMENDMENT
    IS UNDER FIRE


  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Suggestion: If/when you rebuild the pump, install an AA impeller if it already doesn't have one.

  11. #9
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    reading this and was recalling a lot of years ago when my wife and son bought me my first GPS , was the size of the first cell phones (looked like a walkie talkie) anyhow took my Schiada flatty out for a pre sundown blast and .... found it went a neck snapping 56 mph always thought it was an 80 mph deal sure felt like it anyhow was so depressed I couldn't eat BBQ
    I'm calling BS on that one Tom!!!

    I've seen you, you've seen me. It is obvious that NEITHER of us have ever turned down any BBQ!!
    Last edited by thatguy; 02-21-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  12. #10
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hair View Post

    WARNING


    Do not throw any money into go fast parts. The first 5 mph gain leads to a compulsive disorder that drains the bank account, leads to long sleepless nights in the shop, pissed off wives, and alcoholism. There is no known cure for this ailment. You will be doomed to a life with some of the best folks you will ever meet with the same disorder. They will help you justify every dollar you spend on beer and go fast parts. I don't care who you are you just can't buy friendship like that.
    My brother...

    We've all heard the tragic tale of the guy who suspected his wife of cheating?

    "So my wife has been "working late" almost every night since "Brad" started working at her office. Brad has been dropping her off at the house well after dark most nights, while I am in the garage, and has never came in to meet me.
    By the time I go in the house, My wife is asleep, even though it is usually before midnight.

    Determined to get a look at this guy, and see what is going on while they sit in my drive way each night, I turned off the outside lights and hid behind the boat, next to the house.
    As they pulled in the drive last night, Brads headlights lit up the drive and I could see into the bowl through the nozzle on the boats' Berk JG.
    I noticed some small gravel in the bowl/ impeller.
    My question: Should I just clean it out using the hand hole? Or should I pull the bowl for a thorough inspection??"
    Last edited by thatguy; 02-21-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  13. #11
    Senior Member sammyc57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Broken Bow,OK
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    My brother...

    We've all heard the tragic tale of the guy who suspected his wife of cheating?

    "So my wife has been "working late" almost every night since "Brad" started working at her office. Brad has been dropping her off at the house well after dark most nights, while I am in the garage, and has never came in to meet me.
    By the time I go in the house, My wife is asleep, even though it is usually before midnight.

    Determined to get a look at this guy, and see what is going on while they sit in my drive way each night, I turned off the outside lights and hid behind the boat, next to the house.
    As they pulled in the drive last night, Brads headlights lit up the drive and I could see into the bowl through the nozzle on the boats' Berk JG.
    I noticed some small gravel in the bowl/ impeller.
    My question: Should I just clean it out using the hand hole? Or should I pull the bowl for a thorough inspection??"
    ask brad if he wouldn't mind spending alittle more time in the drive with your wife because his headlights are just the right height, maybe hell stay long enough for you to pull the bowl and do the job right, and if you cant get it done all in one night maybe hell be kind enough to stay longer the next night.lmao

  14. #12
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammyc57 View Post
    ask brad if he wouldn't mind spending alittle more time in the drive with your wife because his headlights are just the right height, maybe hell stay long enough for you to pull the bowl and do the job right, and if you cant get it done all in one night maybe hell be kind enough to stay longer the next night.lmao
    that's good advice!!

    But it isn't my story. My wife would divorce me if I did NOT keep the boat up to snuff!!
    Last edited by thatguy; 02-21-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    reading this and was recalling a lot of years ago when my wife and son bought me my first GPS , was the size of the first cell phones (looked like a walkie talkie) anyhow took my Schiada flatty out for a pre sundown blast and .... found it went a neck snapping 56 mph always thought it was an 80 mph deal sure felt like it anyhow was so depressed I couldn't eat BBQ
    that's because it was a flat, lol They always feel faster than they are. yeah your right most newbies to boats have no clue.
    takes alot of power OR a real good boat to run 80 mph, I don't think Ive EVER been so depressed I couldn't eat BBQ!! I never did get the Report?? Did the Thanksgiving Card Make it?
    If you were so depressed and couldn't eat BBQ..... Hope you sold the boat! ya know those old GPS deals were very HEAVY.... Lol
    To this Day, I feel the wind in what hair I have left.... And DREAM I'm doing 80. Lol

  16. #14
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    You guy's are killing me!! All the comments and advice make perfect sense to me, but that's no surprise I've been an addict for more than 30 years. Thought I had this habit beat until I fell off the wagon HARD with my Ultra. I've been scoping out corners by the freeway where I can stand and beg for change so I can finish getting my heads polished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95