porposing jetboat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 39

Thread:
porposing jetboat

  1. #1
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default porposing jetboat

    ok got a 19ft outlaw with a bbc and a jg with place divertor that bucks like a bronco from about 50 mph up unless i have the divertor almost all the way down would a ride plate help?
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member GT Jets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morgan Hill
    Posts
    2,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    ok got a 19ft outlaw with a bbc and a jg with place divertor that bucks like a bronco from about 50 mph up unless i have the divertor almost all the way down would a ride plate help?

    In a word....Yes.

    GT
    GT


    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    Put a 300 on the back of it, Flywheel it and a nosecone. $15,000 later you'll have a 65 mph pile of shit......

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremont,CA
    Posts
    129

    Default

    droop & wedge would be cheaper! and quicker install. prob near 300$ I really dont think rideplate gonna be cost effective till you in the 70's and will cost you around 1500$

    Casey

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Banne'd Cobra1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    What year is the Outlaw. I went to a shop here in Phoenix years ago and it was called Outlaw Custom Boats, might be from the same guy.

  7. #5
    ....like warm apple pie RaceFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Have you checked to see if the bottom is straight?
    Race

  8. #6
    JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine Squirtin Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    ok got a 19ft outlaw with a bbc and a jg with place divertor that bucks like a bronco from about 50 mph up unless i have the divertor almost all the way down would a ride plate help?
    Pat, the longer your nozzle is the more leverage you will have and you will need less input from the diverter. It sounds like your boat has rocker in the bottom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1 View Post
    What year is the Outlaw. I went to a shop here in Phoenix years ago and it was called Outlaw Custom Boats, might be from the same guy.
    Is it one of the Outlaw boats from Newcastle ?
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

    JR Performance Motorsports

  9. #7
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtin Thunder View Post
    Pat, the longer your nozzle is the more leverage you will have and you will need less input from the diverter. It sounds like your boat has rocker in the bottom.


    Is it one of the Outlaw boats from Newcastle ?
    yes it was built in newcastle. never had a boat act like this
    Last edited by slotracer; 10-14-2008 at 07:41 AM.
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  10. #8
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFace View Post
    Have you checked to see if the bottom is straight?
    not yet
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  11. #9
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    yes it was built in newcastle. nevere had a boat act like this

    newcastle in CA? lets see a pic
    #55

  12. #10
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  13. #11
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  14. #12
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcsteck View Post
    droop & wedge would be cheaper! and quicker install. prob near 300$ I really dont think rideplate gonna be cost effective till you in the 70's and will cost you around 1500$

    Casey
    how much do you think this would help?
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

  15. #13
    Senior Member Tunnel Fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Laverne, CA
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotracer View Post
    how much do you think this would help?
    paint the motor blue and jet hot coat the headers and that will fix the porposing problem! If that doesn't work put a backseat in facing backwards! Backwards is the secret!!!!

  16. #14
    Senior Member slotracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Fever View Post
    paint the motor blue and jet hot coat the headers and that will fix the porposing problem! If that doesn't work put a backseat in facing backwards! Backwards is the secret!!!!
    if i painted the engine blue people would think it was a ford. i like the headers the way they are
    slot
    87 eliminator
    next boat ??????????????
    new owner of the redneck yacht club
    Stockton, ca.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95