have loaders made any progress in 20 years?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
have loaders made any progress in 20 years?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Douglas, MA
    Posts
    1,234

    Default have loaders made any progress in 20 years?

    I am not sure how old the loader is on my boat, but I am wondering...have it magged...or has there been any major gains in the past 20 years or so?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Ain't Right Racin piston in the wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sapulpa ok
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    The entire pump, loaders and keels are light years ahead from 20 years ago.
    QE 2050 W/ a Junk ass screw blower

    90% of the game is half mental... The pursuit of the unknown is priceless & gratifying . Sometimes it just takes good old fashion balls. No amount of reasoning or evaluation can deem it right or wrong. At the end of the day stick with whatever gives the person in question morning wood LOL

  4. #3
    Senior Member uniboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    480

    Default

    If you don't know be scared! Some of the advice I have heard is check after/before each use, strip the paint and use only grey primer or white paint to notice rust streaks from cracked welds and then triple check them anyway. And if your engine/ pump combo won't match the loader it will actually slow you down....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Yes they have changed, im in no position on to tell u how-why and what has been done but I do know a couple guys that do....call Starkweather @ B-1 and or call Shoemaker and GS Marine, either way u cannot go wrong, both guys know there shit but there not the only önes.






    Yes regular PB attendees it know it's been said over and over again, I think there seriously needs to be a sticky in the jet section for all setup and pump questions directed to all the professionals that post here.
    b1
    GS
    jet boat plus
    ARS
    and others, please feel free to add!
    Last edited by blender over; 03-06-2014 at 09:13 PM.

  7. #5
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Thumbs up

    Good topic if we can get some tuning examples from guys with data collection

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  8. #6
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    Good topic if we can get some tuning examples from guys with data collection
    Good luck with that. LOL
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  9. #7
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    We've all heard how to cut back the bottom or leading edges of the loader in relation to the keel and shoe, but what about the top? Can the ramps be too high on the impeller? or to low? Anybody done any playing with those dimensions?

  10. #8
    Retired Air Force Master Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodean's Hammer View Post
    We've all heard how to cut back the bottom or leading edges of the loader in relation to the keel and shoe, but what about the top? Can the ramps be too high on the impeller? or to low? Anybody done any playing with those dimensions?
    The positioning of the ramps will have an effect on where it will perform best at, lower or higher speeds. When I bought my loader I wanted it to perform best at slower speeds for a good hole shot at the expense of top end speed.

  11. #9
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    The positioning of the ramps will have an effect on where it will perform best at, lower or higher speeds. When I bought my loader I wanted it to perform best at slower speeds for a good hole shot at the expense of top end speed.
    So what did u change on the loader to achieve that? Ive been modding my loader lately in effort to improve holeshot so you have me curious.the loader i started with was fully vblocked and shit outta the hole so i removed blocker completely which cured holeshot issue.took it to lake and it picked up a couple mph in same distance..before the next trip out i shortened ramp exits a couple inches and it picked up couple more mph.felt looser as well.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Douglas, MA
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    This is one thing that really sucks about being one of the few Jet Boaters in MA...there isn't really anyone you can go talk to in person.

  13. #11
    Retired Air Force Master Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    So what did u change on the loader to achieve that? Ive been modding my loader lately in effort to improve holeshot so you have me curious.the loader i started with was fully vblocked and shit outta the hole so i removed blocker completely which cured holeshot issue.took it to lake and it picked up a couple mph in same distance..before the next trip out i shortened ramp exits a couple inches and it picked up couple more mph.felt looser as well.
    I did not modify mine, I just told Jack from MPD what I wanted and got it set up that way. It ha to do it where on the impellor the water is directed to.

  14. #12
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    I did not modify mine, I just told Jack from MPD what I wanted and got it set up that way. It ha to do it where on the impellor the water is directed to.
    Exactly, ^^thats what I'm wondering^^. The ramps on mine are long and are pretty high. I have mine all apart right now and not opposed to doing a little trimming.

  15. #13
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodean's Hammer View Post
    Exactly, ^^thats what I'm wondering^^. The ramps on mine are long and are pretty high. I have mine all apart right now and not opposed to doing a little trimming.
    Thats why i trimmed exit ramps.mine was shooting so high at the impellor maybe a 1/6th of impellor was being affected by loader.made the ramps feed the top 1/4 of impellor and it picked up for the effort but loosened up more than i had expected cutting on exit ramps alone.weird deal maybe it was overloading and holding boat back.regardless each persons example in loader tuning is helpful no matter the hull i think.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95