cav plate
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
cav plate

  1. #1
    runnin the river
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    124

    Default cav plate

    Cav plates on a jet. Like a Rogers or liberty. Anyone running some. Thoughts. Opinions? Set ups?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member 76 Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mission Viejo/Lost Lake
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I run cav. plates on my Hondo, full up-down and locker. I can do everything that a diverter can except throw water in the air
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 4.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	492466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat12.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	492474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat11.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	492482  

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    We fabbed parts and restored this system on the infamous UFO boat a few years back ..



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Hondo View Post
    I run cav. plates on my Hondo, full up-down and locker. I can do everything that a diverter can except throw water in the air
    i bet that works well the set back on the jet

  7. #5
    Choking my ....... beerjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hippy killer View Post
    i bet that works well the set back on the jet
    I was always led to believe that the Hondo Pantera with plates worked better with the pump set in.... not back.
    I guess the pump location isn't really what's in question here though.

    -beerjet-
    Love aint nothing but a four letter word, just like f*ck and sh!t .

  8. #6
    runnin the river
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    124

    Default

    That UFO setup is nice do u have any more pictures of it. Any circle guys runnin em. Just courious of a few different ways of settin em up. I'm goin a little different route on this build compared to what everyone is used to seeing

  9. #7
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9098966549 View Post
    That UFO setup is nice do u have any more pictures of it. Any circle guys runnin em. Just courious of a few different ways of settin em up. I'm goin a little different route on this build compared to what everyone is used to seeing
    Get a hold of Isanger or Jrork. Or do a search. They have a thread with it all posted up.

  10. #8
    Senior Member 76 Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mission Viejo/Lost Lake
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beerjet View Post
    I was always led to believe that the Hondo Pantera with plates worked better with the pump set in.... not back.
    I guess the pump location isn't really what's in question here though.

    -beerjet-
    With the set back pump I gained speed, did lose some in the turns.... but I can live with it.

    Plate set-up same as the great Hurry-Round-Hondo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hurry rd hondo.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	493874  

  11. #9
    runnin the river
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Do u have any more picks of that UFO boat

  12. #10
    Senior Member Josh@JBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9098966549 View Post
    Do u have any more picks of that UFO boat
    There a few in this thread

    http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...nterested.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95