How to video?, Rebuilding a Berkeley Jet drive
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 38

Thread:
How to video?, Rebuilding a Berkeley Jet drive

  1. #1
    Member sneakyneon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    69

    Default How to video?, Rebuilding a Berkeley Jet drive

    2 part question.

    One, Is there any interest in a How to video on rebuilding your Berkeley Jet drive?

    Two, Is there any qualified people or vendors that would want to take on this project?

    I for one would be willing to pay for a Video that went over how to rebuild and Modify your Berkeley Jet drive. What tools, where to measure and tolerance to run.

    I was super lucky enough last winter to get help on doing mine but even seeing and helping once I still don't know that I'd want to try it again with some help.
    I know company's like steve morris engines sells videos on how to tune your EFI set up, I think its a great tool to have. Opinions???

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member larryfknrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    577

    Default

    I believe CP Performance has a YouTube page showing how to. Could be wrong tho

  4. #3
    Member sneakyneon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I looked and CP has how to's on removing the pump, and re-installing it. Nothing on the actual pump

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    tintingsandiego krusn56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,063

    Default




    Made In The Shade

    Custom Window Tinting

  7. #5
    Member sneakyneon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Did you watch those videos? Like I said in my first post "qualified People". Yes it covers it but I don't know that's the reference tool I'm talking about. I'm thinking a little more professional and little less shade tree. I think its great that he's doing it, and If I made a video it would be the same kind of thing you see here. I like to see things like how to detail a bowl or impeller. I might be alone in this request?

  8. #6
    Senior Member Chop Shop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Puget Sound Wa
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Shhhhhh, its a secret!

  9. #7
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    That's why we leave it to the pros. I doubt you have the tools or equipment to do the job the "pros" do. anyone can hack a pump together and make it work.

  10. #8
    Hoodys and swim trunks Elkidminoltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waterford, MI
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Futs View Post
    anyone can hack a pump together and make it work.


    Gotta start somewhere.

  11. #9
    Senior Member 67weiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Futs:3011801
    That's why we leave it to the pros. I doubt you have the tools or equipment to do the job the "pros" do. anyone can hack a pump together and make it work.
    X2

  12. #10
    Senior Member Chop Shop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Puget Sound Wa
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Futs View Post
    That's why we leave it to the pros. I doubt you have the tools or equipment to do the job the "pros" do. anyone can hack a pump together and make it work.
    If your not comfortable preforming tasks like this, thats OK. But to discourage someone that has the desire and the ability to learn the skill is odd to me.



    Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he will not pay the commercial fishing industry!



    Hey futs, what kinda fish you order?

  13. #11
    Member sneakyneon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    69

    Default

    That's what I'm saying chop, Who are these guys to say leave it to pros? Its fine if you want to stay in the dark but why encourage that mentality? Lets face it, the internal complexity of Jet pump isn't overwelming. I just think a professional video showing a step by step rebuild and where improvements can be made would be an awesome tool to have. Like I said in the first post Company's like steve morris engines who builds 3000 HP engines feel comfortable making how to videos on tuning your stand alone EFI, or companys that make videos on rebuilding your engine, why would there be no interest in learning the ins and outs of pumps? I seriously doubt it would impact sales, If anything its going to generate revenue. I guarantee guys like me would buy a 30-50 dollar DVD but wouldn't spend the coin on having a professional do it.

  14. #12
    Senior Member 67weiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    985

    Default

    ...

  15. #13
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop Shop View Post
    If your not comfortable preforming tasks like this, thats OK. But to discourage someone that has the desire and the ability to learn the skill is odd to me.



    Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he will not pay the commercial fishing industry!



    Hey futs, what kinda fish you order?
    Well, lets see here? I don't eat fish to start with, but here is my take.

    I do all my own assembly on my pump, I know the ins and outs, and send my stuff out to get it done RIGHT!!!!

    I cant cut a imp, extrude hone a bowl, bore wear ring area, balance assembly, or do I know the "proper way" to race prep a imp. I can take a cartridge roll to it and make it look pretty, but it's still not detailed, its just smooth.

    I can check the clearances and measure everything to make sure its right and then assemble.

    If you want to hack it go ahead, but when my boat leaves on your ass, then we will see who did it the right way the first time!!!!

  16. #14
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyneon View Post
    That's what I'm saying chop, Who are these guys to say leave it to pros? Its fine if you want to stay in the dark but why encourage that mentality? Lets face it, the internal complexity of Jet pump isn't overwelming. I just think a professional video showing a step by step rebuild and where improvements can be made would be an awesome tool to have. Like I said in the first post Company's like steve morris engines who builds 3000 HP engines feel comfortable making how to videos on tuning your stand alone EFI, or companys that make videos on rebuilding your engine, why would there be no interest in learning the ins and outs of pumps? I seriously doubt it would impact sales, If anything its going to generate revenue. I guarantee guys like me would buy a 30-50 dollar DVD but wouldn't spend the coin on having a professional do it.
    There is soooooo much more involved in the blueprinting of a jet drive.

    I'm not discouraging anyone , i'm just saying that you cant do it without precise measuring tools, a lathe and and a mill.

    Your die grinder and 12" calipers isn't going to cut it bud!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95