Season Over
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 25

Thread:
Season Over

  1. #1
    Senior Member raysoncraft1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    568

    Default Season Over New Season New Motor

    Went out to the South Wind Regatta. Got there early Friday morning waited for the water to go up that was about 1. Dropped the boat in it was running good like all ways, by late afternoon people were showing up and going up river to the sand bar. I drove by the sand bar were everybody was shut the boat off and started to float. I broke out a drink and started to enjoy the sunset.
    Floated by every one. As I floated down river I was waiting for boats to come by so I could run back to the park with them.
    As I was facing up river floating I saw that boats were coming towards me I saw a 21 Daytona pink color with two outboards he went by me so I fired my boat up started up river and to turn around like I all ways do Punching it wanted to catch that pink 21 in the turn the pump caveated. And I heard a load BANG and that was that.
    I was so upset I bailed out Saturday at 6 am got home by 9:30 am had motor out and
    apart by 2 in the afternoon broke a Lunati crank and bent 2 oliver rods.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by raysoncraft1; 04-22-2015 at 09:07 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member copterzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Damn that sucks. What caused that?


    Aggie class of '97. WHOOP

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, IL.
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copterzach View Post
    Damn that sucks. What caused that?


    Aggie class of '97. WHOOP
    Lak'o lubrication at some point I would guess.

    Sorry for your loss raysoncraft1
    Last edited by Carlson-jet; 10-04-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Heatseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Joaquin County, CA
    Posts
    146

    Question

    Water in cylinders?

  7. #5
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raysoncraft1 View Post
    Went out to the South Wind Regatta. Got there early Friday morning waited for the water to go up that was about 1. Dropped the boat in it was running good like all ways, by late afternoon people were showing up and going up river to the sand bar. I drove by the sand bar were everybody was shut the boat off and started to float. I broke out a drink and started to enjoy the sunset.
    Floated by every one. As I floated down river I was waiting for boats to come by so I could run back to the park with them.
    As I was facing up river floating I saw that boats were coming towards me I saw a 21 Daytona pink color with two outboards he went by me so I fired my boat up started up river and to turn around like I all ways do Punching it wanted to catch that pink 21 in the turn the pump caveated. And I heard a load BANG and that was that.
    I was so upset I bailed out Saturday at 6 am got home by 9:30 am had motor out and
    apart by 2 in the afternoon broke a Lunati crank and bent 2 oliver rods.

    what a summer you have had ! good luck

  8. #6
    Senior Member raysoncraft1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    568

    Default

    It was just time to go if you have seen my boat run the short block has been together over 10 years that's pretty good considering I run the boat hard every were I go.

  9. #7
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Damn it Mike. I'm really sorry to see the pictures. The guy with the twin OB Daytona you mentioned had contacted me thinking your boat was ours and that it broke. Told him it wasn't me and I was hoping it wasn't you!

    Hope you can get back on the water next year..............john

  10. #8
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Sorry

    Sorry to see these parts as your boat was running so greaton Friday. Hope you may get it together for the PAPP deal. I thought a thousand dollar tow bill from Blythe to Beaumont was the most expense paid. Lol Plus 500 for beer and fuel with Hotel.

  11. #9
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Man that sucks. Sounds like you got some use out of her though!

  12. #10
    Senior Member jyeager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Covina, California, United States
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Sorry to hear that buddy. i was wondering where you went.
    Check out my work here --------> http://www.fairplex.com/fp/ctec/index.asp
    Decals? go here------------------> https://www.facebook.com/StickersByJosh
    Like McIntyre Snob here -------->https://www.facebook.com/McIntyreSnob

    Southwind 18 460 ford
    Southwind tunnel dragster 468 Chevy


  13. #11
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Bummer bout your deal ! My first guess (cant enlarge the pics) is water ingestion/hydro static loc , preety tough to break a crank let alone a Callies

  14. #12
    Senior Member Mouzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    corona ca
    Posts
    19,614

    Default

    tom, I took a guys 21 ft Daytona with a built 454 on a test run before he had it shipped back east I was running about 60 mph when it started back fireing and crapping out then boom it just froze up...........the mechanic tore it down and 1 piston rod bent and crank broke ..he called it hydro locked water filled up a cyl..looked just like this one..........

    sorry forgot to finish..he said it was a cracked block allowing water into 1 of the cyl...causeing hydro locking ..is that what your talking about
    Last edited by Mouzer; 10-07-2014 at 04:48 PM.


    ''''''OWNER OF THE BIG WHITE WOLF....,,,
    ,,,

  15. #13
    Senior Member ps 14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    298

    Default Sucks

    Well what are the rebuild plan ?

  16. #14
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzer View Post
    tom, I took a guys 21 ft Daytona with a built 454 on a test run before he had it shipped back east I was running about 60 mph when it started back fireing and crapping out then boom it just froze up...........the mechanic tore it down and 1 piston rod bent and crank broke ..he called it hydro locked water filled up a cyl..looked just like this one..........

    sorry forgot to finish..he said it was a cracked block allowing water into 1 of the cyl...causeing hydro locking ..is that what your talking about
    Not sure what or if this happened here would need a lot more info and eyes on, but Hydro static lock is fairly common in internal combustion engines under some circumstances , we see it in boats, off road vehicles (fording creeks etc ) sometimes cars (flooded intersections) , simply put air compress's water doesn't, so sudden entry of a significant amount of water (or coolant) into combustion can bend rods, break pistons , break cranks and even split out cylinders


    Hydrolock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Name:  300px-Bent_connecting_rod_1.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  28.1 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95