I want a TPR but...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 60

Thread:
I want a TPR but...

  1. #1
    Senior Member WES...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    608

    Default I want a TPR but...

    this is f***ing retarded but im conflicted... I want a TPR, obviously brand new layed up by GS, but its a Tom boat, would it be wrong of me to run a new TPR with Tommy's name on it... just looking for opinions

    MERRY CHRISTMAS BROHAS!
    HOUSE OF FLATS LANDLORD

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    If you need the Tom Papp Racing Decals or the decal cut wit masking material for paint or gell let me know. I would say that Greg would have no issue with running Toms name. I would also have SOCAL Boats on there somewhere as well.
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  4. #3
    Senior Member Mike D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim/Aha
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    The boats are still called TPR 19s for a reason.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    That hull will always be a Tom Papp Stealth no matter who owns the molds. Tommy built it and it's his design. Period.

    My .02 since you're asking.

  7. #5
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    The boats are still called TPR 19s for a reason.
    Good call Mike. I am glad to see you are continuing the legacy.
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  8. #6
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    I represent Tommy on my Ultra Shadow.

    Moneysucker is the gut for decals!


  9. #7
    FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH NO REGRET$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MENIFEE . CA
    Posts
    1,828

    Default










    Last edited by NO REGRET$; 12-23-2008 at 11:25 PM.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

    -John Wayne

    ..JUST HAVING FUN..
    . . . .SIPPY CUP RACING. . . .
    MySpace URL:
    http://www.myspace.com/dp734taj

  10. #8
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    If you want a TPR that bad you are going to have to buy a used one! the new one From what i hear (the yellow one from Shoemaker's shop) is Bob Fry's boat, there are no pics to show the quality of the first SoCal stealt (Ive been tryin to get him to post some but he will not bite!lol), i hear it a real nice boat! If you are buying a boat from a company IMO it's kinda fukked to not rock their name on it, especially if it is a nice piece! from what i hear they do a real nice job, nobody is going to give you shit about the boat being a SoCal anyway! you might catch more hell if you only run a TPR sticker if anything!
    My next comment might bounce on a nerve or two, but whatever, i tend to do that!
    If i hire Boyd Coddington (Spell?) to build me a Willys coupe, and he dies, then i decide to go to Chip Foose cuz he now builds them, what do you think Chip would say to me if i went on a public forum (Where he frequents) to get an opinion of changing the car builders name back to the previous builders name? (Not the same, but you get the idea?)
    I dont really think there is a way of being smooth about that! thats just my opinion, you do whatever you want!
    BTW, you gonna build a pink one?
    Todd

  11. #9
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    The boats are still called TPR 19s for a reason.
    I think you got your answer.......

    Sleeper CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  12. #10
    Senior Member River Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Well said Mike............ That's the way I felt about it..

  13. #11
    Senior Member WES...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddnjuzz View Post
    If you want a TPR that bad you are going to have to buy a used one! the new one From what i hear (the yellow one from Shoemaker's shop) is Bob Fry's boat, there are no pics to show the quality of the first SoCal stealt (Ive been tryin to get him to post some but he will not bite!lol), i hear it a real nice boat! If you are buying a boat from a company IMO it's kinda fukked to not rock their name on it, especially if it is a nice piece! from what i hear they do a real nice job, nobody is going to give you shit about the boat being a SoCal anyway! you might catch more hell if you only run a TPR sticker if anything!
    My next comment might bounce on a nerve or two, but whatever, i tend to do that!
    If i hire Boyd Coddington (Spell?) to build me a Willys coupe, and he dies, then i decide to go to Chip Foose cuz he now builds them, what do you think Chip would say to me if i went on a public forum (Where he frequents) to get an opinion of changing the car builders name back to the previous builders name? (Not the same, but you get the idea?)
    I dont really think there is a way of being smooth about that! thats just my opinion, you do whatever you want!
    BTW, you gonna build a pink one?
    Todd
    I see hahah I think that Ill rock both their names if I go with the TPR.. and no todd no pink again ahaha although Steve had a good name for a pink boat, TWO IN THE PINK
    HOUSE OF FLATS LANDLORD

  14. #12
    Senior Member WES...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NO REGRET$ View Post










    Verry nice boat.. Where did you get that system 1 bracket???
    HOUSE OF FLATS LANDLORD

  15. #13
    92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    909
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    If that interestied in a TPR orignial my father in law is selling his complete just in time or Elsinore and he lives 5 minutes from the lake, you can ask Todd he knows the boat and alot of other people ont he boards, just been sitting for a year now 2006 tpr stealth, it would look good under the tree and better on the water
    A ARMED SOCIETY MAKES FOR A MORE CIVIL SOCIETY

  16. #14
    FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH NO REGRET$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MENIFEE . CA
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WES... View Post
    Verry nice boat.. Where did you get that system 1 bracket???
    THANK YOU.... its my pride and joy..... system 1 bracket???

    call it what you will , your paying for it....everyone knows the hull and where it came from...TOM PAPP ... west cost tooling used to lay them up for tom ... ultra has laid some up and now SOCAL is carrying on and building the TPR 19 STEALTH..
    I went up and looked at the new one for BOBBY and I'm not a fan of yellow .... it had to be one of the finest boats i have seen... the workmanship in the glass work and gel ...was beautiful...nicer then my boat.. SOCAL is trying very hard to continue what Tommy started with the stealth..

    a high quality performance boat at a affordable price...JMO

    BIG D
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

    -John Wayne

    ..JUST HAVING FUN..
    . . . .SIPPY CUP RACING. . . .
    MySpace URL:
    http://www.myspace.com/dp734taj

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95